PDA

View Full Version : When we get the box

Archived Post
08-30-2009, 05:46 PM
Once we get our boxes (that contain the game disc/ manuals and stuff) do we need to install the game from the box or do we just update our clients. I played the latest OBT and this has been running through my head since I ordered my box.

Archived Post
08-30-2009, 05:48 PM
You don't really need to install from the box, you just need the key to add to your account, the client you are using in head start will patch to live.

Archived Post
08-30-2009, 06:21 PM
You don't really need to install from the box, you just need the key to add to your account, the client you are using in head start will patch to live.

What he said, and actually, a dev stated that the build on the CD is much older then the current build, so you'd actually have to patch longer if you reinstalled.

Archived Post
08-30-2009, 07:34 PM
closed beta > open beta > retail

same client different look

Archived Post
08-30-2009, 07:41 PM
So we need to enter the retail key, even if we got a prestart key?

Kinda silly, since you only get the prestart key if you pre order. Why do we need to use the retail key at all?

Archived Post
08-30-2009, 07:58 PM
pre order keys were for open beta

and for pre order goodies

how do they know u didnt just wanna test and want to play

if you want to play show your commitment

Archived Post
08-31-2009, 01:02 AM

Kinda silly, since you only get the prestart key if you pre order. Why do we need to use the retail key at all?

My understanding from reading other posts (especially ones from Devs) is that there are a total of three keys. The Beta key only gave you access to the Beta. The Early Start key gives you access from Aug. 28 up to Sept. 6. The Retail Key is good from Sept. 1 to the end of time...

Archived Post
08-31-2009, 01:32 AM

Pre-orders are not final sales, and can (in many cases) be canceled.

Archived Post
08-31-2009, 11:11 AM
pre order is showing your commitment to buy the retail key