PDA

View Full Version : My Nemesis needs a hobby

Archived Post
08-29-2009, 07:16 PM
First off I'd like to say that having a nemesis is a wonderful and exciting thing, but ever since I foiled this guy's museum theft I've been ambushed by his minions every five minutes. I've been killed while AFK twice and several times I was fighting what I thought to be zombies and it turned out to just be his robots wearing zombie masks.

I don't want to wake up tomorrow morning and find out that his minions robbed my house five times in the middle of the night and he himself is downstairs in the last stages of his victory monologue. Doesn't he have anything better to do?

I feel like we should be able to go beyond choosing a simple personality for our Nemeses (Nemesii?) and actually give them a favorite pastime or an alter-ego or SOMETHING besides "Build robots, deploy robots." Something casual like golfing, or fishing, or torturing and skinning Gadroon (oh please oh please).

Of course, given the fact that his attacks always seem to center on when I'm getting something to eat, using the bathroom or typing on the forums I feel he might already have a hobby, that being "stalking me" in which case I'd like to ask that stalking be removed from the list. How about line-dancing instead?

Don't get me wrong, I love/hate my Nemesis and feel life is always better when you have to look over your shoulder. There's plenty of excitement to be had in constant threats against your life, but if we're going to be brawling all day I would at least like to make conversation.

edit: I ended up getting killed by an ambush while writing this

Archived Post
08-29-2009, 07:24 PM
It'd be nice if they were wandering around the city randomly, but that's a logistics nightmare.

Archived Post
08-30-2009, 10:49 AM
That wouldn't be too hard to pull off, and they could even disguise themselves with sunglasses and fake beards and stuff. And then I could follow them until they decided to grab a slice of pizza and then launch my attack and hit them with my car, NOW WHO IS AMBUSHING WHOM

Archived Post
08-30-2009, 10:52 AM
s I was fighting what I thought to be zombies and it turned out to just be his robots wearing zombie masks.

I lol'd :D

Archived Post
08-30-2009, 10:54 AM
Take a flight power and AFK in the air. Or AFK near lots of NPC guards.

Archived Post
08-30-2009, 10:55 AM
I enjoyed the OP; do you think this behavior will cause jealousy or envy with your s/o?

Archived Post
08-30-2009, 10:56 AM
Take a flight power and AFK in the air. Or AFK near lots of NPC guards.

Looks like they leave their reading comprehension at the log in screen too.

Archived Post
08-30-2009, 10:58 AM
"We've always been each other's greatest nemesises... uh, nemesee... wh-what's the plural on that?"

"Nemeses."

Nemeses are by definition obsessed. As long as they don't try to shank you at the Powerhouse or a crafting instance, I'm okay with some surprise ambushes. :)

Archived Post
08-30-2009, 10:59 AM
It'd be nice if you could just affiliate them with one of the in-game factions. Then at least there'd be a reason to go and beat the crap out of the Black Aces gang. Other than them being circus freaks.

Archived Post
08-30-2009, 11:01 AM
Of course a nemesis attacks when you are AFK or alt+tabbing to windows. It's NEMESIS! They know when you are at your weakest! :D

Archived Post
08-30-2009, 11:05 AM
I enjoyed the OP; do you think this behavior will cause jealousy or envy with your s/o?

As long as my s/o doesn't hire people to murder me in the shower I think I'm going to prefer them to MISTER ROBOTS

Archived Post
08-30-2009, 11:19 AM
I always felt that the Venture Brothers have the best grasp of a nemesis ever, and if what you describe is true, then the CO nemesis is spot on.

Archived Post
08-30-2009, 11:37 AM
I just pop underground when I afk. Usually do anyway just in case of the normal bad guys around.

Archived Post
08-30-2009, 11:40 AM
I just pop underground when I afk. Usually do anyway just in case of the normal bad guys around.

Last time I did that it was like an hour-long Bugs Bunny cartoon.

And before you ask, yes, I had to crossdress.

Archived Post
08-30-2009, 11:43 AM
The frequency of attacks is unfortunately a necessity because of how rarely they drop mission items. After the museum heist, you have to get 3 mission items that all turn out to be "go here, kill minions, leave" missions, then you get to fight them once more and throw them in jail, which they will almost immediately break out of that means another mission in the jail where you don't actually fight them. That's 5 missions with 1 of them actually involving my nemesis, and i would have to say the drop rate for the items is in the neighbor hood of 5%. If they didn't attack constantly we would almost never actually see our nemesis.

Archived Post
08-30-2009, 08:09 PM
Nesmsis? Stars.... *cue scary music as he breaks through walks and opens doors to chase you*

Archived Post
08-30-2009, 08:25 PM
Only problem i have with my nemesis is his mission tokens. What is it 1 per day? I'll be 40 in a few hours and I've gotten 2 Mission tokens since 25. Not what I call exciting.

Archived Post
08-30-2009, 08:34 PM
What would be awesome is if you could give your Nemesis the personality "internet troll", and then they'd follow you around the forums and on Facebook posting snarky comments.

Archived Post
08-30-2009, 09:02 PM
It'd be nice if you could just affiliate them with one of the in-game factions. Then at least there'd be a reason to go and beat the crap out of the Black Aces gang. Other than them being circus freaks.

Hey hey hey!!
There's nothing wrong with Circus Freaks ya know!

Archived Post
08-30-2009, 09:26 PM
Just a question, if I fly really high and stay there when AFK will my nemesis be able to attack me?

Archived Post
08-30-2009, 09:53 PM
I always felt that the Venture Brothers have the best grasp of a nemesis ever, and if what you describe is true, then the CO nemesis is spot on.

Venture Bros is one of the few Adult Swim shows that's actually good and has a storyline, most just have mindless death and destruction or totally pointless and idiotic scripts.

Haven't gotten to create my Nemesis yet, had to recreate my character a 2nd time because the Desert Disaster Perk didn't complete just because I picked my Research path and got the Begone Fission mission before talking to Kaufman so it didn't count towards the perk.

Archived Post
08-30-2009, 11:13 PM
What would be awesome is if you could give your Nemesis the personality "internet troll", and then they'd follow you around the forums and on Facebook posting snarky comments.
It should do that no matter what personalaity you choose (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2005/12/16/) :D

Archived Post
08-30-2009, 11:20 PM
There was a fun bug that I think needs to be made a semi-rare feature.

Someone reported getting ambushed by someone else's Nemesis. They should put in a very small chance of that happening.

"NOW, Absurdium-Man, you shall face the....wait....you're not Absurdium-Man. What's going on here....oh well, kill him anyway and get back to your places."

Archived Post
08-30-2009, 11:21 PM

Someone reported getting ambushed by someone else's Nemesis. They should put in a very small chance of that happening.

"NOW, Absurdium-Man, you shall face the....wait....you're not Absurdium-Man. What's going on here....oh well, kill him anyway and get back to your places."

That would be awesome, hope they add that at some point maybe as a chance to get a perk or something.

Archived Post
08-30-2009, 11:34 PM

Hah! That would be awesome !

Archived Post
08-30-2009, 11:59 PM
I think it would be hilarious if they implement bases/housing in the game. Then, you zone into the house/base and find the joint trashed, or a break-in in progress, or if you're just lounging about your apartment and they burst in the door hoping to kidnap you.

Better would be, in the case of bases, you could find some other member's nemesis minions going about their dastardly deeds.

"Drama Queen?"

"Yes, Absurdium-Man?"

"Bimbo-tron broke in the base today. That's the third time this week. You gonna do something about her?"

Archived Post
08-31-2009, 12:22 AM
Be like Black Cat ambushed by the Injustice Society in a JSA comic series. Kicking around in the tub and the alarms go off, that'd be fun.

Archived Post
08-31-2009, 12:26 AM
Just a question, if I fly really high and stay there when AFK will my nemesis be able to attack me?

*little finger in corner of mouth* Did you give your nemisis flight hmmmm? :p :)

Archived Post
08-31-2009, 12:47 AM
Have to be honest here
im really looking forward to getting to lvl 25 today and getting my nemesis only 3 blocks off now :P

I would love it if he/she sends you mail with attachments or threats just to mess with you
Spreads rumors around to the civillian who just blurt stuff out when you are around

oh and if they could kidnap you and try and take you out with a elaborate scheme that you brake out off

So if he takes you out he places you into a trap to kill you, while explaining how he well take over the world or somthing like that (City even)
You find a way out of the trap and kick him/her and him/her minions butts all over the place

Now what would make this sweet would be if they would talk about that instance later and how they learned from their mistakes
(Offcourse they dont do :P)

Archived Post
08-31-2009, 12:48 AM
I'm sure your Nemesis has a healthy hobby. Like scrap-booking, with pictures of you, used as wallpaper for the bedroom.... yeah.

Archived Post
08-31-2009, 01:55 AM
Yeah, what Katai said. I bet you nemesis has pasted a picture of you on a mop which he then dances around the room to the dulcet tones of a grand waltz! I know I do.....

Archived Post
09-02-2009, 08:02 PM
Youre lucky, I got two ambushes between level 25 and 26. I cant' get anymore missions. the Nemesis system was my main reason for playing the game. For whatever reason, My Nemesis doesnt care :(

Archived Post
09-03-2009, 09:22 AM
Youre lucky, I got two ambushes between level 25 and 26. I cant' get anymore missions. the Nemesis system was my main reason for playing the game. For whatever reason, My Nemesis doesnt care :(

That's the most brilliant plan I've ever heard of.

Archived Post
09-03-2009, 09:23 AM

Reminds me of Venture Brothers where Dr. Orpheus shot balls of fire at people yelling dramatically "I DID THIS!!!" in hopes of getting a nemesis.