View Full Version : Connecting to account server
08-28-2009, 12:34 PM
I pre-ordered from GameStop and I try to log on and all it says is Connecting to Account server till it finally times out and boots me back to log in. Any suggestions?
08-28-2009, 12:38 PM
had same issue, tried reinstalling the client and thats put me in an even worse predicament (the updating launcher box just hangs and connection idles out).
08-28-2009, 01:18 PM
No one else having these issues?
10-08-2009, 07:19 PM
i dunno but my sh*t has been f*ckin up on the acc server and i dont know why !!!! WTF !!!! i DEF didnt pay 50 bucks plus 14 a month for this.
10-08-2009, 07:42 PM
first thing is to contact support . next thing to to do the checks to verify something is not blocking the program from accessing the net.
1. set the programs to run in admin mode if you are using vista/w7.
2. check that your firewall, antivirus is niot blocking the program or it's ports 7000-7500
3. make your your router is not blocking the ports.
4. if you are using vista and a wireless connection, disable Vista search for new networks feature. If using wireless try conjust a wire connection instead to se eif the wireless is having a problem
5. if you are on a home network remove other computer from the network temporary incase your router NAT is not setup right.
6. If on a university network, they may be blocking the game or its ports or delaying the game packets as part of thier traffic management setup.
7. Your ISP may be delaying the game packets or blocking the ports. You will have to check withthem and see they can give priority to the games packets.
you can also try tracerouting to the patch server to see if you can get to the server.
Also if you are getting a no shard found one(or two) tickets message. it means your account is not active . You need to enter your retial key, select a subscription option and a payment method before it became active. If you have problems activating your account then call billing.