PDA

View Full Version : Enrage or Aspect of the Bestial?

Archived Post
06-06-2012, 01:40 PM
Here is a very early sample build as reference. It seems like Enrage has a more robust advantage with Endorphin Rush. However since I am causing bleeds, I need to take into consideration AotB. I didn't have to choose between them before. Enrage or AotB...Thx

PowerHouse (http://powerhouse.nullware.com/) (Link to this build) (http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powerhouse.html?v=3&n=Wenndeego&d=1132a13A9bc2070P004P204P30KI905PA04CA04IG0C9A04E H04PE05BE04K70OK30CQA00)

Name: Wenndeego

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
Level 6: Super Strength (Primary)
Level 10: Super Constitution (Secondary)
Level 15: Super Dexterity (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: The Master
Level 6: Mighty
Level 9: Enduring
Level 12: Physical Conditioning
Level 15: Martial Focus
Level 18: Covert Ops Training
Level 21: Martial Training

Powers:
Level 1: Bestial Fury (Rip and Tear)
Level 1: Bite (Furor Venenum)
Level 6: Frenzy (Fear Sense, Challenging Strikes)
Level 8: Defiance (Rank 2, Force of Will)
Level 11: Resurgence (Evanescent Emergence)
Level 14: Parry (The Elusive Monk)
Level 17: Enrage (Endorphin Rush, Giant Growth)
Level 20: Unbreakable (Better You Than Me)
Level 23: Ego Surge (Nimble Mind)
Level 26: Massacre (Rank 2, Blood Mess)
Level 29: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Resurgent Reiki)
Level 32: Void Shift (Crippling Challenge, Nailed to the Ground)
Level 35: Grasping Shadows (Unyielding Agony, Accelerated Metabolism)
Level 38: Supernatural Power

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Superjump
Level 35: Teleportation

Archived Post
06-07-2012, 08:44 PM
Are there really no keeners who can offer some advice as to why I should bother taking aspect of the bestial?

Archived Post
06-07-2012, 09:08 PM
I seem to remember someone mentioning that if you purchase Enraged AND Aspect Of The Bestial that you will gain the opportunity to get Endorphin Rush and Giant Growth on Enraged stacks built with AotB. If this turns out to be true, then just get both.

Archived Post
06-08-2012, 06:09 AM
I seem to remember someone mentioning that if you purchase Enraged AND Aspect Of The Bestial that you will gain the opportunity to get Endorphin Rush and Giant Growth on Enraged stacks built with AotB. If this turns out to be true, then just get both.

Out of curiosity, could you get form of the swordsman's advantage so all your bleeds give stacks of enrage, heal you, make you big AND give a heal debuff?

Also, if you want endorphin rush, you could just get enrage, bite's advantage and massacre's knock are plenty enough to get enrage stacks.

Archived Post
06-08-2012, 08:42 AM

Sorry if I'm not understanding, but are you saying that you can still use AotB and Enrage at the same time? Aren't they both forms? I originally had intended on both, that is why level 32 is missing a power. Maybe I'll experiment in the powerhouse to see.

Archived Post
06-08-2012, 11:42 AM
Sorry if I'm not understanding, but are you saying that you can still use AotB and Enrage at the same time? Aren't they both forms? I originally had intended on both, that is why level 32 is missing a power. Maybe I'll experiment in the powerhouse to see.

I think you can't turn em both on, but they both affect what enrage stacks do.

Archived Post
06-08-2012, 01:26 PM

I think you can't turn em both on, but they both affect what enrage stacks do.

Ill test that out, I wouldn't have guessed that would work. Sounds almost like one of the powers works without needing to be toggled on.

Archived Post
06-08-2012, 03:54 PM
I tested my toon with AotB toggled and enrage with endorphin rush (not toggled) and vice versa. I noticed that with AotB toggled on I did receive endorphin rush but I'm not sure its worth it. But more importantly unless I'm not seeing something, this makes AotB basically obsolete because you can build stacks of enrage without it, without issue.

Also, with 6 stacks of defiant and 8 stacks of enraged, giant growth was working.

AotB needs an advantage otherwise I don't see the point of taking it and enrage. This is disappointing.

Archived Post
06-08-2012, 06:23 PM
The 'advantage' is it builds off bleeds as well, not quite enough imo but oh well

Archived Post
06-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Ya, that's pretty good, but not enough. I vote there is some kind of 30% chance rush proc on crit or something; "Energy of the beast." Then I take this instead of enrage.

Some of the forms need love now Cryptic.