View Full Version : Questions about The Warlord and other independent groups
04-30-2012, 06:40 PM
I am still kinda new about this Champions lore even with the Villians volume three book I recent purchased about solo Villians and me playing this game for so long. So what I am asking if there are any more information about them or perhaps about Argent. Any information is appreciated.
05-01-2012, 07:42 AM
I'm not entirely sure of what you are asking for with "other independent groups", but I'll attempt to answer the remaining points regarding Warlord and ARGENT.
Warlord is a worldwide villain detailed in Champions Villains Volume 1: Master Villains. He revels in the art of war and similar military procedures. He admires the great generals of old and sees himself like one. The Warlord is armed with an advanced suit of armor (not on the scale of Destroyer's but sufficiently advanced to tackle, even if only for a short time, entire groups of super heroes on his own) that incorporates both cutting-edge weaponry with alien technology("Blueboy tech"). He commands a personal army of his (of around 8 thousand agents) known as the "Shadow Army" along with a superhuman team under his orders known as The War Machine.
ARGENT stands for Advanced Research Group ENTerprises, not much can be added from what you probably already know for playing Champions Online. Some basic information regarding them can be found in Champions Universe, but that's about it. If I recall correctly, they were meant to have a sourcebook dedicated to them but that project is temporarily on hold (Profit and Purity). ARGENT is armed with advanced technology that rivals that of VIPER and sometimes even approaches the advanced designs of Doctor Destroyer himself. Like you probably already know, they are not interested in taking over the world per se, and care primarily about gaining wealth and fortune.(At least, the board of directors does.)
Hope I helped. :)
05-02-2012, 04:13 AM
..the more I hear about the Warlord the more I really, really want him to make an appearance in-game....
05-02-2012, 01:27 PM
Agreed, he is certainly a rival for Dr. Destroyer in terms of fighting over who is the alpha dog in the champion's world. Apparently more so than Shadow Destroyer as of late at least. :P
I am also curious whenever or not Eurostar or Laser will make an appearance too but that's just me. Laser, MechAssassin and Steel Commando have a long term three way rivalry with each other. Makes for some interesting storylines right there. Who knows.
05-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Don't know a lot[/i] on Eurostar (only book I've picked up so far is Champions Universe, and not had time to get all the way through that yet), but they're another case of "want to learn/see more on in game" yeah...
05-03-2012, 06:46 AM
Well, Eurostar is a superteam of European terrorists, who want to unite Europe under their own flag to lead it to be THE number one power in the world. Eurostar is probably the most dangerous team of supervillains in the world, not by raw power, but rather by their no-nonsense approach to things: No Silver Age antics, just dangerous pragmatism. The members are:
- Fiacho: Danish 'augmented human' with greatly enhanced body and access to various deadly weapons and gadgets as well as superb training. Leader of the group.
- Durak: Russian supersoldier and one of the strongest men in the world, Durak can punch through tanks and shrug off bullets like they were pebbles. The muscle of the group.
- Feuermacher: German ex-mercenary, who got into an accident with an experimental fuel, he has been on fire ever since and can manipulate flames. Very bitter about his condition.
- Mentalla: From Spain. Menton's twin-sister. Nuff said.
- Pantera: Daughter of an Italian mad scientist, her father infused her with animal DNA (mostly felines) to create the perfect predator. Barely human anymore.
- Scorpia: Ex-IRA terrorist, she is a highly trained spy, assassin, terrorist... She's good at what she does. Highly sociopathic and EXTREMELY vain.
- Ultrasonique: Paranoid French physicist, who wears a special suit which allows him to creat and control sonic waves. Mentally unstable.
- Der Westgote: German superstrong criminal, who has proven to be uncannily intelligent for a 'brick'. Sees himself as a man of class and taste.