Level 1: Mind Over Matter
Level 6: Agile
Level 9: Finesse
Level 12: Indomitable
Level 15: Intimidating
Level 18: Shooter
Level 21: Showmanship

Specializations:
Ego: Insight 3, Force of Will 2, Exploit Opening 2, Follow Through 3, Ego Mastery
Warden: Ruthless 2, Fortified Gear 3, The Best Defense 3, Reactive Strikes 2
Sentry: Precise 3, Fortified Gear 2, Fortify 2, Stalling Tactics 3

Essential Gear:
VB-A1A "Eagle" Blaster Rifle

This build was made with player events in mind where the player would fight a team of heroes as a lone VIPER Sniper. Because of this, it's all about making that one shot count.

Sneak is used to hide from the players when not in direct combat. Silent running is a must if you want to position yourself properly to reach your target (They will rarely be within 120ft. of you just like that). Keep in mind that you will not lose sneak until the sniper shot is fired. This is essential information.

Assault Rifle is a block remover with a 100ft. range. It is also excellent for finishing off opponents who barely survive a sniper rifle.

Lightning Flash is your main means of escape. Smoke bomb is your secondary means of escape. Shotgun is your ditch effort when the other two fail. Of course, feel free to prioritize these three methods based on the situation. You'll often want to throw a smoke bomb against a single opponent, then teleport for distance, then charge your sniper.

Mindful Reinforcement is there to add a mini shield to absorb damage as you charge your sniper. Not something to rely completely on, but it's good to negate that one hit you usually receive just before the sniper rifle fires.

Sonic Device is there to boost Sniper damage or to stun an opponent when you used it on Assault rifle, making for an easier escape.

Bionic Shielding is the main self-heal.

Unbreakable is there as your oh shi- button.

Ego Surge increases damage and crit chance. Excellent with both sniper and assault rifle.

Inertial Dampening Field is there as some form of defense.

Archived Post
04-24-2012, 05:35 PM
Switched out Teleport for Lightning Flash, since TP gives too much of an advantage based on playtesting. LF should give enough of an audio and visual hint to other players.

Archived Post
04-26-2012, 11:00 AM
I'm in love with this build, I'm running it on a lv32 I have and so far it's really fun to use (I absolutely love seeing those gigantic crits) but in PvE it feels like your sitting there not doing anything between sniper shots (though in solo pve it feels like it does really well). Yah I know this is meant for PvP and I'm going to be using it in PvP as well I was just wondering what your thoughts were on using it for group PvE?

Also, is the extra sonic damage (for sonic device I'm guessing) and the energy benefits from Electric form really worth it over the +% physical damage from quarry?

Archived Post
04-27-2012, 08:37 PM
I'm in love with this build, I'm running it on a lv32 I have and so far it's really fun to use (I absolutely love seeing those gigantic crits) but in PvE it feels like your sitting there not doing anything between sniper shots (though in solo pve it feels like it does really well). Yah I know this is meant for PvP and I'm going to be using it in PvP as well I was just wondering what your thoughts were on using it for group PvE?

Also, is the extra sonic damage (for sonic device I'm guessing) and the energy benefits from Electric form really worth it over the +% physical damage from quarry?

I really think it's bad for levelling in PvE. Using single target powers and only shotgun as your AoE is quite slow. As for using it on level 40 for PvE, it's an odd one. I've been using it for alerts to get a hang of it for PvE and it's as interesting as you make it. Just sniping away at mobs can get dull, but being able to use Bionic Shielding and Mindful Reinforcement to offer some mini support can help out if the team is struggling. Not to mention your presence alone with IDF contributes.

As for why Elec form, it's because the power replacer I use, the VB-A1A "Eagle" Blaster Rifle (http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/VB-A1A_%27Eagle%27_Blaster_Rifle) scales with particle damage, and in turn Elec form. If you're not using it and are playing with default Sniper, then either Targeting Computer or Quarry should work. Note that while getting the Eagle Blaster Rifle is hard, the difference in damage between normal sniper + Targeting Computer and Eagle + Elec form is double, so it's worth it.

Archived Post
05-02-2012, 09:39 PM
can you still get the eagle rifle?

Archived Post
05-04-2012, 08:57 PM
can you still get the eagle rifle?

Only if you buy it in the AH or from someone.