PDA

View Full Version : Trail of the Werebeast - no Christine

Archived Post
04-22-2012, 12:35 PM
Read is a 2 year old thread that she is 'hard to find' and around some corner from where the trail starts - nada.

Ran and flew around a full block in every direction from where the map says she is supposed to be - no NPC - and in the time I was looking 5 other people were running around doing the same thing - so clearly she is not wherever she is supposed to be.

Archived Post
04-22-2012, 12:54 PM
I did this quest yesterday and had no trouble finding her. The trail does skip a little, but you can go back and use the tracker and pick up prior parts of the trail if you need to. You might start at the NPC that preceded her and go forward fro0m there.

Archived Post
04-22-2012, 01:00 PM
I did this quest yesterday and had no trouble finding her. The trail does skip a little, but you can go back and use the tracker and pick up prior parts of the trail if you need to. You might start at the NPC that preceded her and go forward fro0m there.

She is listed as the first NPC - the spot on the map where it has the tiny circle is where the trail starts as far as I can tell. Ran up to every civilian for a block around hoping that maybe one of them would pop up with a 'talk to me' question mark - no luck.

I sent a tell to some of the people also wandering around the area, including one that had reached the end of the trail like I did - no one else had any idea where she was.

Archived Post
04-22-2012, 01:09 PM
AFAIK, you don't get the popup until the trail hits that particular NPC. I do recall some of them taking obnoxious turns down alleyways and the like after a skip. I'm not sure Christine is the first, either (it was some dude in a ball cap wasn't it? ...Or is this NPC-model dissonance. This'll keep me up tonight for sure).

Really the only recommendation is trying to see if you can't restart the trail. I had to start over from scratch a few times (between mobs picking fights and some crazy jumps in pathing).

You usually can't get them to shut up once you do find them, though - they have an NPC dialog trigger that they'll spam whenever you're even remotely in range. Hope this helps.

EDIT: I'd offer to run it again if it weren't a one-off and see if I can't get anything more specific. Next closest character just hit 23 and thaaat's quite a wait. :/

Archived Post
04-22-2012, 01:19 PM
AFAIK, you don't get the popup until the trail hits that particular NPC. I do recall some of them taking obnoxious turns down alleyways and the like after a skip. I'm not sure Christine is the first, either (it was some dude in a ball cap wasn't it? ...Or is this NPC-model dissonance. This'll keep me up tonight for sure).

Really the only recommendation is trying to see if you can't restart the trail. I had to start over from scratch a few times (between mobs picking fights and some crazy jumps in pathing).

You usually can't get them to shut up once you do find them, though - they have an NPC dialog trigger that they'll spam whenever you're even remotely in range. Hope this helps.

EDIT: I'd offer to run it again if it weren't a one-off and see if I can't get anything more specific. Next closest character just hit 23 and thaaat's quite a wait. :/

That could be it - maybe the 'first' NPC is somewhere down the trail. Which still makes it different in that case from every other quest in the game where the map circle has someone in or very near it you need to beat up/talk to etc. And unlike other missions the map doesnt update - so once you talk to someone all you see is the first same little circle in the place the trail starts.

Will try walking the trail again to see - dont need the xp anymore - but want to flag and I guess Caliburn is the guy that advances that I would think.

Archived Post
04-22-2012, 01:41 PM
Ok walked the path again, and looked around on every street.

She is the last NPC not the first - and the problem was unlike other NPCs where the path 'stop's after a stretch and there is an NPC - the path just goes right past her down the street - and when it stops she is half a block away.

And considering the trail stops like 20 times or whatever - that still makes it really hard to find her.

So she is half a block north of Ka's brownstone, on the north side of the street, about 10-15 feet from the intersection.

Archived Post
04-22-2012, 06:51 PM
I'm glad you finally found her.