PDA

View Full Version : Fatal Error: There is not enough available video memory

Archived Post
04-15-2012, 05:44 AM
I frequently have the game crash to desktop with this error message:

Fatal Error: There is not enough available video memory (D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY) while while creating a render target texture. Please choose lower resolution settings, or close other graphics applications.

Technical Details: D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY while creating 2D render target texture size: 2048 x 2048 (RTEX_NVIDIA_INTZ)

More often than not it occurs when I try to zone into a new area, but it also happens when I'm doing whatever.

I'm using a Radeon 6950 with 2GB of Video memory and I play the game smoothly at its highest settings. I have no similar problems with any other games.

Gameprefs and DxDiag attached

Archived Post
04-15-2012, 02:17 PM
I frequently have the game crash to desktop with this error message:

More often than not it occurs when I try to zone into a new area, but it also happens when I'm doing whatever.

I'm using a Radeon 6950 with 2GB of Video memory and I play the game smoothly at its highest settings. I have no similar problems with any other games.

Gameprefs and DxDiag attached

I just got back into the game today and i also have received this error. I also have 2 gigs of video memory.

Archived Post
04-15-2012, 02:27 PM
Fatal Error: There is not enough available video memory (D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY) while while creating a render target texture. Please choose lower resolution settings, or close other graphics applications.

Technical Details: D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY while creating 2D render target texture size: 2048 x 2048 (RTEX_NVIDIA_INTZ)

As do I. I run a Radeon 6970 with 2GB of RAM and that is my exact error. I also experience notable performance degradation in Lemuria and the Desert which sometimes goes away on its own after I zone a few times. I have also managed to turn my game screen into 8 bit graphics on more than one occasion, as reported a few times while this patch was on test. This occurs when toggling between fullscreen and windowed mode and can be cleared by doing more of the same.

I would willfully not do that if I did not experience an ongoing performance issue with respect to Champions Online and Star Trek Online where my framerate dives and holds at 12-15fps until I force the display window to refresh by doing the aforementioned fullscreen/windowed toggle. This is not unique to me as it plagues several people with Radeon cards and has for months.

Archived Post
04-16-2012, 08:22 PM
Same error here on a 4850, used to play flawlessly before the update.
Also, mostly always happens when exiting instances.

Archived Post
04-17-2012, 07:18 AM
Same here with a ATI Radeon 5770.

Started right after the patch.

Coincidence??

Doom doom doom!!! :p

Archived Post
04-17-2012, 07:31 AM
I had this problem before the On Alert patch
Same here with a ATI Radeon 5770.

Started right after the patch.

Coincidence??

Doom doom doom!!! :p

Archived Post
04-17-2012, 03:06 PM
Same here with a ATI Radeon 5900 with 1Gb memory.

Archived Post
04-18-2012, 02:32 AM
Identical topic really:

http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=145905

Good to know that there's lots of people with this issue, bad that it exists because of this recent update. This bug needs to be squashed pronto!

Archived Post
04-18-2012, 11:28 AM
I experienced this as well. 4th time now today. Mostly when swapping map/zone.

Archived Post
04-18-2012, 12:05 PM
Patch introduced a big memory leak. This one's on them.

Archived Post
04-24-2012, 06:22 AM
After a month of noplay, I logged on, and discovered that I, too, have had this happen to me twice.

and I play CoX in full High Mode, with the PhysX card enabled in my computer.

jayjaxhd
07-09-2012, 08:35 PM
i have this same problem but it isnt my videocard memory or my pc specs,
this realy needs to be fixed becaus its realy realy annoying,
and its only when im changing to instances.

Here are my pc specs::

CPU: I7 2600K @ 4.4 GHZ
CPU COOLER: Coolermaser V8
RAM: Corsair 2X 4GB
HD: 2x Samsung 1TB ( 1000GB ) Total: 2000GB ( 2TB )
VIDEOCARD: Sapphire Ati Radeon HD 6970 2GB

frankendreadz
08-08-2012, 05:43 PM
bumping this issue
right rant time
for god sake when are you guys gonna deal with this problem...
I mean come on 3 years outstanding????
don't you realise what sort of message you are sending to people about the support for this game
your telling them you not bothered and therefore means that they sould not be bothered about you, your company, etc
this directly effects your rep, which then effects your profit, which then effects your pay check or weather you have a job tomorrow
so it make good business sense to fix problems especially ones that have been outstanding for usch a long long time
I even rememebr that you used to be able to access the DX10 version of your engine, now this was a lot more stable, the only side effect was in vibora bay where its looked like its been flooded
so this shows you had a solution but then took it away or just gave up even bothering to complete it
not looking good at all
I dare you to respond cause so far you haven't..

zer303606
08-12-2012, 01:59 AM
i got the same message , and i have a nvidia 560 ti gtx.
running most other high end games on full without problems.
whats up now cryptic/chineese overlords?

agentnx5
08-12-2012, 11:54 AM
i have this same problem but it isnt my videocard memory or my pc specs,
this realy needs to be fixed becaus its realy realy annoying,
and its only when im changing to instances.

Here are my pc specs::

CPU: I7 2600K @ 4.4 GHZ
CPU COOLER: Coolermaser V8
RAM: Corsair 2X 4GB
HD: 2x Samsung 1TB ( 1000GB ) Total: 2000GB ( 2TB )
VIDEOCARD: Sapphire Ati Radeon HD 6970 2GB

Holy smokes! Nice hardware! Yeah you should NOT be getting this error with that hardware. Damned memory leaks...

FYI: The GUI (graphical user interface) and special effect sprites not being deleted is typically the issue. In the old days of games it used to be stored in normal RAM, but now it's all stored in VRAM on the graphics card. Forget to delete or deallocated the "old" flashes & graphics elements and you start to run out of space, and get this error.

For reference, care to tell us how long you can play consecutively before getting this error?

Also another question, have you forwarded this thread with your ticket to Customer Service? If you all haven't created official tickets and linked this thread, then you've not put in enough effort on your end to get meaningful awareness raised. Create a ticket, post the # here when you do! (supposedly the CS with Perfect World is not as much of a joke as Cryptic's old system, and in turn not as much of a joke as telecomm companies like AT&T, which is saying a lot lol)