PDA

View Full Version : Retractable Wings, And all other travel powers

Archived Post
03-23-2012, 10:22 AM
Just got retractable wings, and my complaints in one sentence would be this: Not customisable and unclear with what dictates the color (saw someone with bronze color) and poor choice for flight animation (Fists forward like heroic flight).

I would LOVE to see all the flight powers get an animation dropdown box like some of the pet powers have to change how they look. And on top of that some new flight animations. Some of the character designs i have i cannot take flight on them simply because of the animations. One of the biggest is Tornado flight. They should remain upright at max speed like they do at all other speeds.

PLEASE give us an animation choice and add a few more. PLEASE!

Edit: My bad, changing the color of the power tints the wing color a bit. Didn't spot it at first.

Archived Post
03-27-2012, 10:16 PM
I agree with you. Because of the way some of the flight animations play out in the final gear, graphic distortion happens. I myself cannot take the heroic flight or power flight TP because of graphic distortion to my shoulders. When I found out the new travel power had heroic flight animations, I was disheartened. For people with large shoulder armor/costume pieces, they too will see the distortion.

Archived Post
03-28-2012, 05:23 AM
Does anyone have a video or screenshot of the retractable wings travel power when it's in 3rd gear? I notice the screenshots on the c-store web page have the arms back so I'm guessing that's at gear 1.

Archived Post
03-28-2012, 05:30 AM
NVM. Havent really tested it yet....
Rank 2.

Archived Post
03-28-2012, 07:00 AM
Hmm, not bad. Thanks much Finn.

Archived Post
03-28-2012, 08:56 PM
So what I'm seeing from that picture, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but the TP doesn't look like it would meet up with the Steelhawk bracers. I bought the costume first, and I'd kind of hoped they'd look like extensions of the TP, but it doesn't look like they will.

Archived Post
03-28-2012, 09:10 PM
From what I've seen and tested on Retractable Wings Flight:

Ranks 1, 2, and 3 share the same animations.
The difference between ranks is the speed of the power, as well as the size of the wings.
Rank 3 has the least wing-like appearance out of the three.

Stage 1 and Stage 2 animations are the same as basic Flight's Stage 1 & 2.
Stage 3 has consistently been Heroic Flight's Stage 3 Animation.

Color of the wings is slightly dictated by the color you choose for the power.
However, the metal sheen is overpowering to the point where it is only a slight color variance.

Added Note: With the ever-present skew on back geo, several costume pieces, as well as the arms in general, will clip through the wings.