PDA

View Full Version : Defender is killing me. Hard.

Archived Post
02-24-2012, 12:59 AM
Okay so it might not be Defender. But here's the issue. I zoned into Millennium City from the Super Jet and approached the Powerhouse, and I crashed. Afterwords, I was unable to log into the character that did that.

Every time I get near Defender (or whatever else might be around him) my game crashes. And when it crashes, I'm unable to log into that character. The game crashes during the loading screen - I think about 70% of the way into loading the zone.

I noticed that when approaching from the north, the game crashes when I'm like a couple of feet away from the Renaissance Center Powerhouse (I previously thought that it was me walking through the Powerhouse entrance that caused it, but that's not the case). I tried another character and was running around the outer ring of Renaissance Center (the ring where you're able to enter the bank, auction house, etc.). As I approached the area where Defender is (I was still a few buildings away) the game crashed, and the character is now unplayable.

I then decided to approach Defender from the south side. As I approached, I crashed right behind the Mysticism trainer building.

I'm unable to do any further testing. Most of my 60 or something characters are standing next to Defender (after picking up a double XP buff and logging out). So they also crash while loading into Millennium City.

So it doesn't seem like it's tied to a certain instance, or character. It's whatever is between those points.

Whatever is happening, it's probably not happening because of something on-screen because I couldn't see anything with my southern approach. So it seems to just be my proximity to something that's crashing me.

I've never had to reinstall ever since launch, and can't imagine that that would be the fix. I'll do it if I have to, but it doesn't seem likely. After every launch, I get prompted to verify files. After doing that, I also do a force verify. None of this fixes the crashes.

So yeah... my alts are in peril. Please save them!

PS - if logging into my account to grab some crash logs is necessary, that's fine with me, go to town on my account.

Archived Post
02-24-2012, 01:25 AM
Seems like Defender finally had enough of Offender mocking him. :D

In all seriousness though, I just logged into a character to try and replicate this. The game didn't crash for me no matter where I was in close proximity to Defender. I guess the good news is that it's not a server-wide issue.

Still, I feel sorry for ya. I hope it resolves quickly.

Archived Post
02-24-2012, 03:43 AM
You sure it's not just the high population in Rencen rather than defender specifically?

Have you tried going into an instance that contains defender?

Archived Post
02-24-2012, 09:13 AM
I dunno. It seems like it was a concentrated area. Any of my characters that weren't around that area did just fine.

Hmm, I wonder if maybe screwing with my graphics settings would do something.

Or maybe it's just something in my files that the verification isn't picking up.

Well, maybe today's patch will fix it. Who knows!

Archived Post
02-24-2012, 09:33 AM
Huzzah! The patch fixed it. Crisis averted!

Archived Post
02-24-2012, 03:13 PM
I am just going to assume I fixed this. With MAGIC. :)

Archived Post
02-24-2012, 03:45 PM
I miss Smackwell's sig lines and graphics.

Archived Post
02-24-2012, 06:10 PM
I am just going to assume I fixed this. With MAGIC. :)

A Wizard Did It. (I hope I don't get moderated for this; I dunno what the policy is on images, but this one is too good to NOT attach.:cool:)

Archived Post
02-26-2012, 05:12 PM
I've had this issue multiple times too. It's not something that can be recreated by others. It's unique to each client as it's a file issue. I've noticed it's proximity, or visually looking at the object that has a bugged file. and then crashes my computer. The only way i was able to fix it was forcing a verify files. but it was often difficult because each time i crash, and reload the launcher, the blue bar to indicate it's loading just never starts because it gets broken from the crash.

I even made a thread before, because the bugged file for me was angry face, every time someone had angry mood expression i'd crash.

and several others.

Hope you get it solved

Archived Post
02-27-2012, 02:44 PM
I get a crash like this every time I'm near the powerhouse in RenCen and Vibora multiple times a day, every time I'm gone from it a while and come back to unload my bags. I send a crash report every time. Its been happening since the Halloween Bloodmoon. No change ever since.

Archived Post
02-27-2012, 03:05 PM
I miss Smackwell's sig lines and graphics.

Me too! My posts need more panache!

On topics: Ever since the great crashes of a few days ago, whenever I hop into Renaissance Center, at the point where I would crash out before, something loads in (I'm guessing) and causes my game to stall for a second, then everything's back to normal.