PDA

View Full Version : New alternative electric powers

Archived Post
02-03-2012, 08:09 AM
So the brick framework now has three distinct "Brute" based trees, and the Sorcery framework has like 4 or something. What i was thinking, is i'd like to see some more alternative fire/electric builds, maybe more melee oriented and even weapon based.

My idea for a new electric build is pretty simple; an electric guitar!
I've always wondered about that guitar you can put on your back in the tailor, and how awesome it would be to be able to use it.

Basically the way it would work is, you'd pull out your badass guitar of choice
and start ripping. Now, i'm not sure how hard it would be to implement something like animations
and the like, but it'd be cool if the headstock had like, a glow to it and that'd be where all the damage comes from.

If there's already another thread, i'm sorry, i did check and did not find anything.
Otherwise, let me know what you think.

Archived Post
02-03-2012, 08:14 AM
Well I'm not really in favor of powersets that are exclusive to one theme, in this case rock star/god. I would much rather have a new powerset that covers a lot more ground, and gives us powers that can be used by any hero in multiple themes.

Archived Post
02-03-2012, 08:19 AM
Personally, I'd love to see melee abilities added for the energy sets.

Archived Post
02-03-2012, 08:26 AM
I guess i hadn't thought of that. Maybe if the instrument could be customized to look different, like an ancient mystery weapon or something a bit more high-tech.

Might be stretching this a bit :P i just really want that guitar!

Archived Post
02-03-2012, 09:44 PM
How about just ask for guitars as weapons with emission points that could be used with different powers?

We could do that with other weapons too. So you could have a guitar firing bullets or a raygun firing bolts of electricty or a sword shooting fire?

Sure there is a place for the rock'n'roll superhero. After all it's one of the many skills of Buckaroo Banzai.