PDA

View Full Version : Unleashed vs. Might

Archived Post
01-27-2012, 07:13 PM
I've playing with the Unleashed for a while now and its been great! But then I tried Whiteout and realized its biggest flaw. No ranged attacks. Its good for close range crowd control, but its completely horrible when you need distance! I got to the giant sasquach and got slaughtered. Ended my near 0 death record too. Last time I ran into one of those might based bosses, I just flew around and kept my distance, but what are we supposed to do with an AT that only has close-range attacks?

Archived Post
01-27-2012, 10:13 PM
I beleive that there are a few power replace items and some devices, both craftable and farmable, that will get you a ranged attack. You could also look into buying a "Become" device with a range attack. See the Wiki for details on what each device and power replace can do for you.

Archived Post
01-27-2012, 11:43 PM
After mowing through everything and not dying by level 30, I decided to join a Mega D hunt because I figured I was just that cool.

I did okay, but since I was ignoring the tiny destroids I didn't notice my health being whittled away. And then I didn't see the tell in time and missed my chance to block the big jump.

Needless to say, by the time I got back from the respawn, the freeform lvl 40 guys had finished the fight.

The moral: Don't get over confident.

Archived Post
01-28-2012, 12:03 AM
That's because spamming your maintain doesn't address some of the attacks you are going to receive in the game.

Archived Post
01-28-2012, 05:51 AM
Well right now, I'm at lvl.17
And here's how its been going:

Rain of Steel - I use this for about 1 second and I pretty much get max energy.
Blade Tempest - Spam this like crazy because Storm's harvest is too slow to charge.
Storm's Harvest - Just now thought of spamming it (literally, as I'm writing this), but I usually get knockedback before it can land anyway.
Force Snap - Since the sasquach can't be knocked down, this is pretty useless.
Force Eruption - This too.

So far, I've been able to get him down to half health simply by spamming Blade Tempest and avoiding the urge to use Storm's Harvest.

For devices, I have a steelhead guard sidekick and a pistol I picked up, but the gun only has 15 uses and is pretty weak. So maybe if I get something to heal with, I can use the sidekick as a distraction to buy me some time.

Archived Post
01-28-2012, 06:18 AM
Force Eruption - This too.

Try it with a small retcon and take Eye of the Storm with Blade beyond the Veil instead.

Archived Post
01-28-2012, 08:57 AM
Try it with a small retcon and take Eye of the Storm with Blade beyond the Veil instead.

Quoted and bolded because it needs to be.

Archived Post
01-28-2012, 11:01 AM
I switched to Eye of the Storm with Blade Beyond the Veil. It went better, but I still got slaughtered. :(

Archived Post
01-28-2012, 11:13 AM
Duck and weave!
-When Sasquatch charges up a haymaker, start reversing. He cannot follow you when charging this attack. He also uses them at fairly set intervals, so there otherwise won't be much else to worry about in melee range (except his roomsweeper, which I don't know what anyone can do about). The same applies for his clap and havoc stomp.
-When Sasquatch uses the ground slam, move around to his backside. Though his character graphic turns to face you, the actual attack won't connect if you walk out of its arc. Very good for getting free melee blows in.

I just checked the DPS on all your melee attacks. From what I can tell, tap-spamming Storm's Harvest generates the most, while charge-spamming Storm's Harvest does a lower amount of damage, but is probably a lot more cost effective. Blade Tempest does even less.

Since the Unleashed seems to lack any good burst damage for single targets at this level, I really don't know what else to tell you.

Archived Post
01-28-2012, 01:14 PM
I didn't know that the ground slam only worked in front of him. I'll remember that. But there is another problem/glitch I should mention. When he uses Havoc Stomp, if I'm too close, he disappears and I can't see him.
:confused: He's still there and I can attack him, but I can't see him and that makes it a little bit harder.

Archived Post
01-29-2012, 02:01 PM
I beat him! It was tough though. I used my Acrobat travel power to distance myself when I needed to. That, some stim packs, and a sidekick. I'm almost done with Whiteout now! Too bad the game crashed before I killed the General. :(

Archived Post
01-29-2012, 02:06 PM
I beat him! It was tough though. I used my Acrobat travel power to distance myself when I needed to. That, some stim packs, and a sidekick. I'm almost done with Whiteout now! Too bad the game crashed before I killed the General. :(

Another tip then .. with 35 take some kind of flight, since on of the bad things again Might Bosses is the
falling damage. With flight however you don't take falling damage ;)

Archived Post
01-29-2012, 06:09 PM
Another tip then .. with 35 take some kind of flight, since on of the bad things again Might Bosses is the
falling damage. With flight however you don't take falling damage ;)

I did that with one of my other characters. I used it with The Inferno. It was a lot easier than jumping and dodging. Didn't need to pound away at the keyboard as much. :p

Archived Post
01-29-2012, 06:15 PM
Didn't need to pound away at the keyboard as much. :p

Gamepad yo. 360 controller is the bomb. Changes the world. (Just make sure to adjust the controls in the options menu for better handling like melee can attack without target, disable always face forward, and a couple of others here and there, play with it, it's awesome)

Archived Post
01-30-2012, 08:00 AM
Gamepad yo. 360 controller is the bomb. Changes the world. (Just make sure to adjust the controls in the options menu for better handling like melee can attack without target, disable always face forward, and a couple of others here and there, play with it, it's awesome)

I was thinking about that the other day. I 'll have to try it.