PDA

View Full Version : Cannot find channel "Teamid_Live6025809!!!!!!!!

Archived Post
01-05-2012, 12:07 PM
This ongoing issue is downright infuriating and confuseing. Can we PLEASE get it looked at ASAP!

I've made posts before but heres my previous one quoted to explain the matter

http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=138921&highlight=Cannot+find+channel

Also a second link to ANOTHER post about this.
http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=133302

Cannot find channel "Teamid_Live6025809".

Nothings more infuriating then joining a team and trying to talk in the middle of combat and having stop and futz with the chat to get it to work!!

This has been a consistant issue since the KS 2.0 patch.

Joining a new team does not create the setting to use teamchat you have to manuallly pick another channel as default then reselect team. Its quite annoying and many people who don't know how to work it just flat out think team chat is broken totally.

This needs to be fixed.

Archived Post
01-05-2012, 12:32 PM
I agree, this problem has existed for FAR longer then it should have.

Archived Post
01-05-2012, 02:31 PM
^^^Werd.^^^

Archived Post
01-05-2012, 02:59 PM
Respect the bug fix. The bug gotta be fixed!

Archived Post
01-05-2012, 03:19 PM
There are no chat problems.

Archived Post
01-05-2012, 03:35 PM
Cobra just reminded me of that week or 2 when the chat server was 100% fubar. They made a few hilarious pictures and a video of it, and I really hope this does get fixed. If that happens again, I'm gonna arrange a series of emotes that work as a phonetic alphabet.

Archived Post
01-05-2012, 04:39 PM
The team chat going out was actually the first sign of the chat server beginning to crumble. Not happy to see it happening again ._.

Archived Post
01-05-2012, 04:51 PM
The team chat going out was actually the first sign of the chat server beginning to crumble. Not happy to see it happening again ._.

Its not that is happening again, it never stopped.

The problem has been constant and unaddressed since the kitchen sink 2.0 patch half a year ago.

It has neither gone away nor been dealt with.

Archived Post
01-15-2012, 10:13 AM
This is still a major issue.

Archived Post
01-15-2012, 05:46 PM
I sometimes wonder how this is still around, but then I remember teaming is a scarce thing in CO. :(

What, with the reduced mission XP for crossovers.

And the mechanics that make teaming difficult.

And the *Tough* mobs in lairs.

And all the "tanks" that don't take CC or CS ever.

And the complete lack of supports.

(Neither of the last two would even matter if people just learned to play better)

Etc, etc.

Archived Post
01-15-2012, 07:41 PM
It's happened to me before, but quite rarely and not often enough to make me really frustrated. Not saying that it's a minor issue though. When it happened to me I had to leave team, log out, log in. At one time I had to go as far as restarting the game completely. But even then, it didn't work the first few tries until as if by magic, it suddenly worked. :confused:

Archived Post
01-16-2012, 12:46 AM
There's a simple workaround for this, click channel selector, click Team.. fixed. For that window, for that session.

I agree that this should be fixing itself every time you join a team and shouldn't need to be done at all on our end.. Before the voice chat was brought it, it seemed to work this way automatically.. can we just get rid of voice chat that nobody (at least nobody I know) uses and go back to the working team chat?

Archived Post
01-16-2012, 11:42 AM
There's a simple workaround for this, click channel selector, click Team.. fixed. For that window, for that session.

I agree that this should be fixing itself every time you join a team and shouldn't need to be done at all on our end.. Before the voice chat was brought it, it seemed to work this way automatically.. can we just get rid of voice chat that nobody (at least nobody I know) uses and go back to the working team chat?

I had this problem on Star Trek Online the other day. Switching channels back and forth did nothing. I could read incoming messages on the Team channel, but I couldn't respond to anything because it supposedly didn't exist. This needs to be addressed immediately.