PDA

View Full Version : Freeform Healing build.

Archived Post
11-21-2011, 09:18 AM
Some might hang me for this, but i have decided to go with 2 ways on my healer, Akbuuren the Arcane.

The primary costume and setup with of course be the healer with all the assorted gear and buffs bound
to my F1 key. The secondary costume, which will be my Archangel costume, will be bound to F2 and
have the skills for Dualwielding, and will be used only when soloing or just generally screwing around.

Kinda like the calm Arcane magician who is the sleeping bear... don't poke me too much or i'll turn
into my off worldly form and kick your arse.

I played around on CO:B a bit to get the best build possible, but other peoples opinions is always
good if its knowledge and constructive criticism behind it.

Let me know what you think about it. And keep in mind that i in no way intend on making the
Archangel form, very viable. The Healing part is what is important.

Build by championBuilder 0.4.1 (http://champions.zarzu.ch)

Download this Build here. (http://champions.zarzu.ch/download.php?download=4132g56111761311076132107tp0 51056193764a11053061763a210724a310713b11076a911073 0a310631420531a15tp01530d175y10a5y2055y20n5y20x5y2 025y2065y20y25y0055y0025anonh0000000000000000)

anon: Level 40 Champion

Superstats:
Level 6: Super Presence
Level 13: Super Constitution

Powers:
Level 1: Radiance
Level 1: Rebuke -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 6: Celestial Conduit -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 6: Teleport -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 8: Redemption
Level 11: Aura Of Primal Majesty -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 14: Smoke Bomb
Level 17: Circle Of Arcane Power -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 20: Unbreakable -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 23: Protection Field -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 26: Vala's Light -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 29: Way of the Warrior -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 32: Eye Of The Storm -- Rank 2
Level 35: Form of the Tempest
Level 35: Flight
Level 38: Parry

Talents:
Level 1: Incandescent
Level 6: Intimidating
Level 9: Shrug It Off
Level 12: Lasting Impression
Level 15: Enduring
Level 18: Tireless
Level 21: Prodigy

Once all is finished, i will have roughly 450 Presence and close to 300 CON.

Archived Post
11-21-2011, 11:52 AM
Let me go over the general check list I have to healers.

Healing Passive: Sort of. (AoPM)
Bubble Power: Check. (Protection Field)
Party Rez: Check. (Redemption)
Optional Aggro Wipe: Check. (Smoke Bomb)
AoE Heal: Sort of. (Vala's Light)
High Single Target Heal: Sort of. (Celestial Conduit)
100ft Heal: Sort of. (Rebuke)
Defensive Toggle Buff: None. (Why aren't you using Inertial Dampening Field?)

To be honest, parts of your build just confuse me. If you want to be a healer with dps capability, then why aren't you running Seraphim as your passve? Also I really don't feel like WotW, EotS, FotT, and WotW fits in your chosen build. Melee dps powers and buffs just for a single melee range power? Why not just take other abilities which have synergy with your Celestial dps abilities?

More specifically, I'm a bit in shock that a CON SS healer isn't using Iniquity since it costs health instead of energy. It's a high value single target heal and it has 100 ft range. Combine this with taking Conviction and you'd be all set.

Your lack of an Energy Unlock power may hurt you in the long run. If you're willing to alter things slightly, I'd suggest removing the melee powers and buffs. Replace it with some Darkness powers which have been re-colored. Fit in Spirit Reverberation, Void Shift (w/ Fear advantage), and maybe Lifedrain (R2 w/ AoE heal advantage). Another dps increase could come from Dark Transfusion (w/ Blood Sacrifice). Then if you're really happy with how things are working, I would suggest switching your passive buff to Seraphim.

I really don't think that Celestial Conduit and Rebuke will be enough for you. But too be honest, I'm not crazy about most of the Celestial power set beyond certain key powers. Therefore my opinions are inherently biased.

Archived Post
11-21-2011, 12:00 PM
WotW is sort of wasted in there - AoPM does well with melee builds.

Celestial Conduit is underrated (try just tapping it instead of the maintain), but it's value goes way up with Illumination.

I'm not big on pre/con aopm, and particularly so with this build, which likes DEX. I'd rather see DEX/PRE. You can replace the CON HP with Mindful Reinforcement.

Archived Post
11-21-2011, 12:55 PM
Some might hang me for this, but i have decided to go with 2 ways on my healer, Akbuuren the Arcane.

The primary costume and setup with of course be the healer with all the assorted gear and buffs bound
to my F1 key. The secondary costume, which will be my Archangel costume, will be bound to F2 and
have the skills for Dualwielding, and will be used only when soloing or just generally screwing around.

Kinda like the calm Arcane magician who is the sleeping bear... don't poke me too much or i'll turn
into my off worldly form and kick your arse.

I played around on CO:B a bit to get the best build possible, but other peoples opinions is always
good if its knowledge and constructive criticism behind it.

Let me know what you think about it. And keep in mind that i in no way intend on making the
Archangel form, very viable. The Healing part is what is important.

Download this Build here. (http://champions.zarzu.ch/download.php?download=4132g56111761311076132107tp0 51056193764a11053061763a210724a310713b11076a911073 0a310631420531a15tp01530d175y10a5y2055y20n5y20x5y2 025y2065y20y25y0055y0025anonh0000000000000000)

Superstats:

Powers:
Level 1: Rebuke -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 6: Celestial Conduit -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 26: Vala's Light -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 29: Way of the Warrior -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 32: Eye Of The Storm -- Rank 2
Level 35: Form of the Tempest
Level 38: Parry

Talents:

Once all is finished, i will have roughly 450 Presence and close to 300 CON.

Do you realize that a more-or-less dedicated healer is more-or-less a waste of time in this game? It's pretty much irrelevant. In almost all cases you are better off building a more generically capable hero that has a very effective heal or two for the team when you need it. Maybe you already know this and don't care. If that's the case, good luck with your healer. If this is news to you then I hope you take people's advice and do a less heal-dedicated build.

Archived Post
11-21-2011, 01:17 PM
I keep getting told that Seraphim is good for the celestial healers. If you can spare a slot, and are willing to switch passives by build, it might be worth trying to heal with and seeing if it helps.

Archived Post
11-21-2011, 09:38 PM
How can Seraphim be a better passive then AoPM ?. Seraphim gives +7.5% Healing, or close to it,
while AoPM gives me almost +100 PRE which not only increases my healing, but decreases my threat.

And how can this build be bad as a healer when i got all my healing skills pretty much maxed out?.

1 strong Direct heal - maxed out.
1 strong AoE heal - maxed out.
1 strong HoT - maxed out.

The healbuff is CRAP. According to the tooltip, it increases healing by 1-3 whooping %... omfg stop the
presses !!!... i just increased my healing with 3% so instead of healing someone for 100, i heal them for 103...

Archived Post
11-22-2011, 12:41 AM
How can Seraphim be a better passive then AoPM ?. Seraphim gives +7.5% Healing, or close to it,
while AoPM gives me almost +100 PRE which not only increases my healing, but decreases my threat.

And how can this build be bad as a healer when i got all my healing skills pretty much maxed out?.

The healbuff is CRAP. According to the tooltip, it increases healing by 1-3 whooping %... omfg stop the
presses !!!... i just increased my healing with 3% so instead of healing someone for 100, i heal them for 103...

The healing bonus scales with your superstats, as does the Paranormal Damage bonus.

AoPM is a good passive, but it's not maxxed out as CON/PRE. If you don't use Enrage, you're getting little out of STR, DEX and EGO.

The build is good as a healer, and will do fine in PvE and ZA. It's just missing some opportunities for synergy. And you'll frequently get some alternate suggestions on the forums, simply as different options you may not have considered. Way of the Warrior is the only real waste, as if you switch to it you'll lose 70 DEX (at level 40), dropping your crit chance and MA form bonus down so far as to be a penalty compared to aopm.

Archived Post
11-22-2011, 03:24 AM

healing in seraphim is ~50% more potent.

2 builds, both con str

AoPM conviction ~1.2k heal

Seraphim ~1.9k heal

if ss pre, it still doesn't change too much

also there is the offensive bonus to paranormal damage. So if both are con pre builds the aopm with enraged would have equal dmg to seraphim with no buff.

Anyway the best way to make a healer is go aura of protection :)

Archived Post
11-22-2011, 04:36 AM

On my 40th level Darkness / Celestial healer, I'm still filling out the last of my gear slots as I'm obtaining the new Hero Games pieces for the Secondary Defense slots. (Dual stat +20 CON / +20 PRE in my Secondary Defense which normally doesn't support either stat!? Yes, please.) However even with that in mind, here's a general break down.

Currently I'm getting about +100% Healing effectiveness from having a high PRE. Then the bonus from Seraphim (after being adjusted from both of my SS) is around an additional +100% Healing effectiveness. Finally I'm getting +15% Healing effectiveness for having all x5 of the hero stars.

As a result, the Inequity healing values on my Seraphim character are vastly superior to the values on my AoRP character. However my AoRP healer prevents people from taking more damage initially, so there's an inherent balance between the two characters. (Though my AoRP character is still better at preventing damage.)

No one uses Seraphim for the aggro magnet group healing ticks that it inherently provides. The passive is attractive because it increases your Paranormal damage (which covers all of the Darkness and Celestial damaging powers) and your Healing effectiveness. AoPM will give your healer a better stat spread on a personal level. You'll also give your group better energy management and higher Health scores (due to the CON increase). Having said that, your raw healing potential is still going to be superior with Seraphim. It really depends on which aspects you value more.

----------

Why do I have an issue with some of your powers? Let's take them one at a time.

1) Celestial Conduit and Rebuke vs Inequity and Conviction - Currently you're taking x2 power slots to try to imitate the effects of Inequity. Pound for pound, using Inequity will heal a higher amount in a shorter period of time. Casting Inequity only costs health, which lets you still use the power if you're temporarily tight on energy. Not only is the healing value of Inequity superior as a time factor (since it's a high value per cast vs a channeled heal), it also can provide these same benefits at a 100ft range. In CO, Inequity is still the strongest single target heal in the entire game.

Your character is inherently built to use the power since you're running the CON & PRE as your SS. Yet you choose not to use Inequity. It just doesn't make sense.

2) Vala's Light vs Lifedrain (w/ advantage) - I've tried using Vala's on multiple characters, yet also end up removing the power. Why? The biggest flaw is that you're looking at a charged heal. At a low charge, it's not a very high healing value. You really have to charge it up to get a good benefit from the power, yet that's also its problem. People are constantly moving. Even if multiple people are in range for Vala's when you start your charging, these characters may not be in range of each other by the time that you finish casting. Also the charging factor makes the heal reactive instead of proactive.

Another flaw of Vala's is the AoE heal range. Having a 10 ft range isn't a lot to work with. It can be hard to visually judge in the heat of battle. Unless characters are intentionally clumped together (which they normally aren't), the odds are that Vala's want be able to hit a bunch of people.

Even the healing DOT advantage of Vala's isn't very good. On paper, I could potentially see the value of this aspect. I really tried using it on my AoRP pet based healer. It would be precast before combat when we're all together or mid combat if a pet was dying. After much play testing, I realized that the healing DOT is about as effective as Seraphim's AoE healing DOT. While it may make the occassional difference, it's mostly worthless.

Then let's compare that to Lifedrain (w/ Vampiric Symphony). While you're still limited to the same 10ft AoE healing range (which is centered on you), Lifedrain still lets you move while channeling the power (instead of cancelling movement like Vala's). On an Acrobatics healer, you can blur around the battlefield like a bouncing healing ball. You'll instantly know when you've hit the 10ft range of the other players since you'll start to see the healing values floating above their heads. Also since people can physically notice that they heal whenever they're near you, the smarter players will naturally adjust their positioning to keep within your invisible 10ft healing sphere.

Lifedrain also lets you damage your enemy while healing yourself and your party. There's a real value in that. Hurting a Feared enemy will help to proc your energy unlock, which means that you're getting free energy while you're healing people. Also the healing values of Lifedrain are unaffected by the healing penalties that are associated with Dark Transfusion (which you'd be using for the extra energy and the increased dps output).

My favorite part about Lifedrain's AoE heal is that you can still use it while not switching targets. You can still Lifedrain the mob into the ground while moving around to heal your fellow players and their pets. It's great for healing non-grouped players and it also prevents you from having to target bounce amongst your group members.

On my own Seraphim healer, I've currently got my Lifedrain providing a +500 health AoE heal per tick (against a Feared mob). By the time that I'm finished with my gear, I should be able to get that value up to around +525 health per tick. That's pretty respectable for an AoE heal that you can move and shift around at will.

Archived Post
11-22-2011, 07:07 AM
Thanks a lot for your very good reply and for taking your time.

A few questions tho.

Inequity. This uses MY health to heal others, so who's healing me?.
Given that my Rebuke has a cast-time, but i've seen it healcrit people for almost 4k health,
same with Vala's. My Vala's is what keeps people alive in Herogames when im the only
healer, would Lifedrain be able to do that?... healcrit for 3700 ?.

I have to say the cost in health for healing is rather steep.. 450 health.

Circle of Arcane Power. Why doesn't all healers use this?. I never run out of mana
with this thing. Why trade it for Aura of Protection?.

Going from AoPM to Seraphim will also cost me close to +100 PRE, which is 1/4th,
not to mention all the other stats i will lose across the board, and my friends will lose
the buffs.

Conviction. This buff ends when i take dmg, so it appears to be rather useless from
what i can tell by that info.. A healer tends to get hit a few times, so why waste points
on Conviction?, whats the upside..

I have decided to stay with Sword Cyclone to be able to wield 2 swords on my 2nd Costume,
just for looking awesome. The rest is somewhat changed but not set in stone, i'm cheap and
don't want to waste my free respec.

Archived Post
11-22-2011, 07:33 AM
Inequity uses your health as an energy cost. On my AoRP healer, my Inequity heals for around 1.2 or 1.4k. (I can't remember which since I haven't used him in a while.) Then on my Seraphim healer, Inequity heals for around 2.4k health per cast. At 40th level, the health cost is around -450 health per cast.

Inequity basically makes you suicide yourself to heal other people. How do these healers deal with the health loses? One way is through having a CON SS, though that isn't required. The more important part is making sure that you have the Conviction power.

Conviction is confusingly worded. I couldn't understand the value of the power until I realized how it really worked. First off, the "buff" part of the power is worthless. Pretend like it doesn't exist. Basically Conviction is a self-heal that costs around 50 energy (+ or - any power cost adjustments). On a non-PRE 40th character, you're looking at around +800 health per cast. (People using the MSA energy unlock on an INT character often take Conviction as a means of triggering the energy unlock when they're outside of combat.) Yet on a healer, you're easily looking at 1.5k or 2k in healing. It's even more on a Seraphim build.

Basically a non-INT character spends 50 energy for around 2k of health. (On an INT SS build, the cost is closer to 30 energy.) In exchange for this +2k health, you can basically cast Inequity x5 times in a row. Then you cast Conviction again. Rinse and repeat. Spending only 50 energy for the x5 heals is remarkably cost effective.

The only real drawback on Inequity is that it can't crit. Therefore it's good on a non-DEX SS build, but a poor choice for a crit-based healer.

Archived Post
11-22-2011, 07:52 AM
Thanks, that made a lot of logic. Now i will get it when you put it into "laymans terms".

But what about the comparison of Lifedrain Vs Vala's . Like i said previously, my Vala's
heals for insane amounts even tho it takes 2 seconds to cast. I 've been in several situations
where Lifedrain would not have saved my team, but Vala's did easily.

When half your team suddenly drops to about 50% health instantly, Lifedrain's 500HP tick
won't save the day, but a 3k heal on everyone with Vala's will.

Granted that drainlife lets you be mobile, and sometimes it saves you, and it might be able
to be pushed to about 700+ tick heals with Seraphim, which isn't all that bad..

Archived Post
11-22-2011, 08:50 AM
1) I don't PvP in this game. Therefore I'm not the best advice giver about PvP situations and builds.

2) In my PvE experience, you can't heal "your team" with a Vala's since they're going to be too spread out for the AoE radius. Yes, it has a higher healing output. However Lifedrain allows you to contribute dps while healing, it keeps you mobile enough to shift around while healing different friendly targets, triggers the Darkness energy unlock by damaging a Feared mob, and it helps you to understand exactly where the 10ft radius line is currently located.

I've still got some nice gear on my Seraphim healer. While I'm currently at +503 health per tick (after Seraphim), I'm really only expect to realistically hit around +525 health per tick. If I'm lucky and eventually get the last pieces that I'm watching for on Auction, then I might hit as high as +550 health per tick. However that's the most I'll ever have. In temporary situaitons when I use my Ascendence active offense, it will spike a bit higher. But it's not realistic to expect Lifedrain (R2 w/ Vampiric Symphony) to ever hit +700 health per tick. The only time when that might happen is if at least one or more group members are PRE based and running AoPM (which will bump my stats up accordingly).

Archived Post
11-22-2011, 09:54 AM
Perhaps someone could post a build they have been successful with for pve healing?

Archived Post
11-22-2011, 10:23 AM
Perhaps someone could post a build they have been successful with for pve healing?
Ask and you shall receive. My main still uses this build despite all the changes in game after F2P.

Mid-Range Support
Warning: NOT a leveling build

Superstats:
Level 6: Super XXX <- Any stat besides REC works well here. I prefer INT.
Level 13: Super PRE <- Must have

Powers:
Level 1: Eldritch Bolts -- Wizard's Discretion <- 20% Chance to stun per tick
Level 1: Aura of Radiant Protection -- Rank 3 <- Makes you and your team not-squishy
Level 6: Sigils of Ebon Weakness -- Rank 3 <- Any sigil pick will do, Ebon sigils are best for support imo
Level 6: Teleport <- Useful escape power
Level 8: Thermal Reverberation <- Energy return
Level 11: Conviction -- Rank 3 <- Instant self heal
Level 14: Iniquity -- Rank 3 <- Heal others by sacrificing own hp, best HPS in game, cannot crit however
Level 17: Bountiful Chi Resurgence -- Rank 3 <- Self HoT, lowers own damage 10%
Level 20: Masterful Dodge <- Useful damage mitigation for self
Level 23: Redemption <- Rez
Level 26: Flashfire -- Sweltering Heat <- Proc Thermal Reverberation and snare
Level 29: Inertial Dampening Field -- Rank 3 <- When paired with AoRP, essentially gives you and your team invuln.
Level 32: Avalanche -- Rank 3 <- Main source of direct damage and slight crowd control via chill and knockdown
Level 35: Summon Shadows -- Rank 3 <- Alternate source of fire and forget damage
Level 35: Acrobatics -or- Swinging <- Swinging is a more PvP oriented travel power
Level 38: Ascension <- Hold breaker and dmg/healing boost

EDIT: See it in action!
Powerhouse Testing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgiHUq7LRlc
Elite Mandragalore: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8VsN1E4jXU
Elite Aftershock Issue 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hn2EqfvR-Q

Archived Post
11-22-2011, 11:08 AM
Let me compare AoPM and Seraphim.

Aura of Primal Might.

Pro : Greatly increases my SS, increases all my normal stats, increases my healing, decreases my threat, increases my defense.

Con : Can't think of one.

Seraphim.

Pro : Increases healing by xx % . (increased dmg but is of no interest for healers), increases resistances to certain magics.

Con : Gives threat on all mobs around due to the damage done.

So why would any healer take Seraphim instead of AoPM ?

Archived Post
11-22-2011, 11:39 AM
Here's one with some elements of the first build.

Sword Cyclone will do a lot of damage with Form of the Tempest, 70+STR and 300+DEX Offense is lacking until level 26, so you could go with EotS and switch at 26 or stick with that.

MR+PF+BioShielding is a personal fav for a 3-tap that you can easily rotate through a team.

Celestial Conduit taps work well with Illumination, and they can crit (the maintain is less energy but undercut the dps/hps).

Download this Build here. (http://champions.zarzu.ch/download.php?download=4132g50m0050m0250m0c5zzzz50h 525036060g40250m0750641509305092260f3125037050m0a5 zzzz50c2175zzzz5zzzz5zzzz5zzzz5zzzz5zzzz5zzzz25zzz z5zzzz1h0000000000000000)

: Level 40 Champion

Superstats:

Powers:
Level 1: Celestial Conduit
Level 6: Illumination
Level 8: Aura Of Primal Majesty
Level 11: Protection Field
Level 14: Ebon Void -- Voracious Darkness
Level 17: Redemption
Level 20: Bionic Shielding
Level 23: Form of the Tempest
Level 26: Sword Cyclone
Level 29: Mindful Reinforcement -- Revitalizing Boost
Level 32: Inertial Dampening Field
Level 35: Ascension
Level 38: Masterful Dodge

Archived Post
11-22-2011, 11:48 AM
I take Seraphim on pretty much all of my healers, might not be optimal, but you're overlooking it's pros.

You mention that +dmg is no concern to healers, but I'd disagree. Most groups don't just want you sitting on your rear waiting for people to take damage, they want you to contribute. It boosts Paranormal damage, so taking something like TK Lance, Ebon Ruin/Rift, or Skarn's Bane makes the mobs/boss go down faster. I get the occasional 6k crit with Lance too, so it's not like it's minimal. As well, Ebon Rift knocks mobs (providing CC), and Skarn's Bane strips off passives. Not to mention it makes leveling a healer not pull-out-your-hair slow.

As well, Seraphim's bonus healing helps out people not on your team, such as open missions. AoPM doesn't. Nothing like seeing Bionic Shielding tick for 1500+ 5 times :P. I agree that the healing ticks are good only for grabbing aggro but, it's a small thing to bubble myself pre-pull.

I could post one of my several healer builds that've worked, but the well-known forumites probably have better for ya.

Archived Post
11-22-2011, 11:52 AM
So what about this one.

Download this Build here. (http://champions.zarzu.ch/download.php?download=4132g561117619101761a1017tp0 51056193764a11053061763a210724a310713b110762320371 3b201661320561b15tp015314375y10a5y2055y20n5y20x5y2 025y2065y20y25y0055y0025anonh0000010000000000)

Superstats:

Powers:
Level 1: Iniquity -- Rank 2, Rank 3
Level 6: Conviction -- Rank 2, Rank 3
Level 26: Lifedrain -- Rank 2, Vampiric Sympathy
Level 29: Inertial Dampening Field -- Rank 2, Rank 3
Level 32: Celestial Conduit -- Rank 2
Level 35: Illumination
Level 38: Sword Cyclone

Talents:

Iniquity Primal heal.
AoPM for increased SS / Normal stats / group stats / decreased threat gen / increased health & defense.
Lifedrain /w Sympathy for group / AoE healing.
Inertial Dampning - defense.
CoAP - To counter ID.
Rebuke for small healing (The only heal that can crit).

From what i can see in this build. The healing should be much weaker then my previous since the only
heal i will have that can crit for large amount on anyone incl me, is Rebuke. Iniquity can't crit ever... and
healing someone who's getting hit by a Freeform dps with Iniquity feels like an exercise in futility.

What i'm trying to build is a strong healer with good survivability. No damage, just kick-ass healing and
somewhat good survival. The healer who heals too good to be left alive, but to hard to kill to try.

Not having much of strong self-healing besides Rebuke, it feels like if someone targets me and my
unbreakable or smokebomb is on CD, im dead fish because Lifedrain won't heal much damage in
time, and Iniquity can't target self.

Another issue that i see, is that running Inertial Dampening will ruin the mana-reg, and without CoAP
i might run into issues with low mana. Of course, using Spirit Reverberation instead of CoAP will
yield mana as well due to Lifedrain. And it bases off of CON which is a SS for me.

That would basically look like this.

Download this Build here. (http://champions.zarzu.ch/download.php?download=4132g561117619101761a1017tp0 51056193764a11053061562f1724a310713b1107623203713b 201661310761b1015tp015314375y10a5y2055y20n5y20x5y2 025y2065y20y25y0055y0025anonh0000010000000000)

Superstats:

Powers:
Level 1: Iniquity -- Rank 2, Rank 3
Level 6: Conviction -- Rank 2, Rank 3
Level 17: Spirit Reverberation
Level 26: Lifedrain -- Rank 2, Vampiric Sympathy
Level 29: Inertial Dampening Field -- Rank 2, Rank 3
Level 32: Rebuke -- Rank 2
Level 35: Illumination -- Rank 2, Rank 3
Level 38: Sword Cyclone

Talents:

Archived Post
11-22-2011, 12:05 PM
...So why would any healer take Seraphim instead of AoPM ?
All example numbers are using rank 3 powers with a character that is INT/PRE super statted 209INT and 474PRE and is in the Sentinel role.

AoPM: +85 all stats to self and +56 all stats to team
Conviction: 2399 heal
Ebon Ruin: 473 - 1681 dmg

If we factor in crits, 12.8% crit chance with 53.6% crit severity yields just under a 7% overall damage bonus

Conviction: 2567 heal
Ebon Ruin: 506 - 1799 dmg

Seraphim: +92% paranormal damage, +135% healing
Conviction: 3448 heal
Ebon Ruin: 646 - 2295 dmg

Seraphim provides superior damage and healing bonuses even after factoring in the extra crit bonuses from AoPM. You may say damage is of no interest for healers, but I respectfully disagree.

Archived Post
11-22-2011, 12:20 PM
How do you get 474 PRE without AoPM !?.

That would be over 600 PRE with AoPM... i wonder what kind of healin bonuses that would yield
compared to Seraphim.

Archived Post
11-22-2011, 12:47 PM
How do you get 474 PRE without AoPM !?. ...
Level 40 character with PvP +36 PRE secondary defenses and elite quality blues in the other slots. Some are +36 PRE and others are a split with mainly PRE and some INT.

...That would be over 600 PRE with AoPM... i wonder what kind of healin bonuses that would yield
compared to Seraphim.
That's what the numbers listed under AoPM were in my previous post. 474 was the base, then add 85 for a total of 559 PRE... so not quite over 600 but still very high.

Archived Post
11-23-2011, 09:38 AM

Download this Build here. (http://champions.zarzu.ch/download.php?download=4132g50h0070h5410507306zz040 5094060340270m0c2070g2130706721070h902070370105064 370m02106083005zz00706302075zzzz5zzzz5zzzz5zzzz5zz zz5zzzz5zzzz25zzzz5zzzz1h0000000000000000)

Superstats:

Powers:
Level 1: Eldritch Bolts
Level 1: Aura Of Radiant Protection -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 6: Two-Gun Mojo
Level 6: Teleport -- Rank 2
Level 8: Smoke Bomb
Level 11: Force Shield -- Force Sheath
Level 14: Illumination -- Brilliance, Rank 2
Level 17: Lifedrain -- Vampiric Sympathy, Rank 2
Level 20: Support Drones -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 23: Ritual Of Radiant Summoning -- Unbound Ritual, Rank 2
Level 26: Inertial Dampening Field -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 29: Molecular Self-Assembly
Level 32: Celestial Conduit -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 35: Micro Munitions -- Rank 2
Level 38: Orbital Cannon -- Anvil of Dawn, Rank 2

Talents:

would this build be work for pve? I am thinking SS Pre/Int

Archived Post
11-23-2011, 12:41 PM
I run three different healers, PvE/PvP. Mission, my seraphim-based healer, also puts out a decent amount of DPS/CC with TK powers. (TK, Telepathy, Dark, and the sorcery sets are all classed paranormal, and buffed by Seraphim.) My primary heals are inequity, empathic, and mindful reinforcement, with convic and unbreakable for my self-defense toys. There are some definite tweaks I'd do if I were running her in pugs, as opposed to with a regular group of people I know don't really need a healbot along- putting IDF back in the build, the aoe advantage on inequity over r3, dropping my tk aoe for ebon sigils. Dex/Pre/Int, with MSA, she swings both ways pretty decently without energy issues.

If you're married to the swordy healer type, I'd really encourage you to consider picking up TK blades instead of dual blades, and just running seraphim with the ego blade toggle. Frenzy's a great aoe, and annihilate does really nice damage with full leech stacks, even in sentinel.

Just keep in mind that seraphim is squishy, so you'll want to carry something like evasive or smoke 'nade (or both) in your late slots for when you PvP. Just rotate your rez in and out as needed.

>Edited to add: In the build above, where's your fear coming from to proc Vamp Sympathy?

Archived Post
11-23-2011, 02:42 PM
Did not think I needed a fear proc for vamp sympathy ...hmmm

Archived Post
11-23-2011, 02:49 PM
Did not think I needed a fear proc for vamp sympathy ...hmmm
Against feared targets the heal is the same as you for all targets near you. If they're not feared it's half as much as it would heal you. Ego Sleep w/ adv works well if you've got a decent amount of INT. If you don't mind going into melee range occasionally you could also use Void Shift w/ adv.

Archived Post
11-23-2011, 03:07 PM
what should i replace and with what?

Archived Post
11-24-2011, 11:40 AM

Download this Build here. (http://champions.zarzu.ch/download.php?download=4132g50h0070h5410507306zz040 5094060340270m0c2070g2130706721070h9020703701060m0 7270m02106067105zz0060f61375y10a5y20r5y20t5y20s5y2 0y5y20x5y20z25y0035y0051h0000000000000000)

Superstats:
Level 6: Super Intelligence
Level 13: Super Presence

Powers:
Level 1: Eldritch Bolts
Level 1: Aura Of Radiant Protection -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 6: Two-Gun Mojo
Level 6: Teleport -- Rank 2
Level 8: Smoke Bomb
Level 11: Force Shield -- Force Sheath
Level 14: Illumination -- Brilliance, Rank 2
Level 17: Lifedrain -- Vampiric Sympathy, Rank 2
Level 20: Support Drones -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 23: Ritual Of Radiant Summoning -- Unbound Ritual, Rank 2
Level 26: Inertial Dampening Field -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 29: Redemption -- Salvation
Level 32: Celestial Conduit -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 35: Munitions Bots -- Rank 2
Level 38: Ego Sleep -- Plagued By Nightmares

Talents:
Level 6: Diplomatic
Level 9: Investigator
Level 12: Negotiator
Level 15: Prodigy
Level 18: Lasting Impression
Level 21: Amazing Stamina

This is what I ended up with....did battlestation 5group hard mode in sentinel....this worked very well...slow killing but for support can't complain....this build I would think is the "lazy man's" healer/support. In other criticisms are more than welcome.

Archived Post
12-14-2011, 05:08 AM
Went on the test server and was very disappointed in Lifedrain, and the build overall. Ran out of energy almost
instantly and the energy management skill did little to help, compared to CoAP it was useless.

Archived Post
12-14-2011, 06:21 AM
I bet you did run out of energy, you dont have an energy return at all... where did you think you energy was suppose to come from?

Archived Post
12-14-2011, 06:39 AM
Superstats:
Level 6: Super Dexterity
Level 13: Super Presence

Powers:
Level 1: Kinetic Darts
Level 1: Telekinetic Assault -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 6: Telekinetic Burst--Sudden Impact
Level 6: Lightning Flash
Level 8: Mental Disciple--Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 11: Force Shield -- Seraphim--Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 14: Ego Reverberation
Level 17: Telekinetic Lance -- ID infusion, Rank 2
Level 20: Conviction -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 23: Force Shield -- Force Sheate
Level 26: Redemption -- Salvation, Rank 2
Level 29: Iniquity -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 32: Protection Field -- Rank 2
Level 35: Inertial Damping Field
Level 38: Ego Surge or Ascension -- Nimble Mind or put the point in protection field

Talents:

Talent up Dex, pres, and ego.

The more ego you can squeeze in the more energy you'll get.
Run in Sentinal

Archived Post
12-16-2011, 10:10 AM
The problem with that build is that there's no real self-healing. And you got 2 Force Shields.
I assume you meant Seraphim Rank 2+3.

Sential ?. Are you referring to Celestial ?.

Archived Post
12-16-2011, 10:25 AM
The problem with that build is that there's no real self-healing. And you got 2 Force Shields.
I assume you meant Seraphim Rank 2+3.

They first force shield is a mistype - You can see that its suppose to be Rank 3 Seraphim.... its literally right next to it. Doesnt take much to see.

Pres SS conviction plus Seraphims and sentials healing bonus is all the self healing you will ever need. Its like popping resurgence every 6 seconds.

Pres superstated and sentinal bubbles basically keeps you from taking much damage ever.

All the chaff has been cut out so you can do what needs to be done.

Heal People
Heal yourself
Bubble
Rez
and contribute to DPS

Archived Post
12-18-2011, 11:49 AM
Sentinal is a character role.

Avenger -- ranged DPS
brawler -- melee DPS
guardian -- jack of all trades
sentinel -- healing, buffing, and CC