PDA

View Full Version : More GM's, or...

Archived Post
09-03-2011, 03:26 AM
I'll keep this short, but I think there should be more GM's hired. I understand life is first priority and I think it's great there are GM's in the first place, but there only ever seems to be one or two online at any given time. More (active!) GM's might help with spreading the 'workload' of the current ones and it would make trouble easier to deal with.

Or...take a leaf out of some other MMO's and test-recruit a couple of GS's (Game Sages). On another MMO I play, their Game Sages are usually volunteer players who have huge knowledge of the game and buckets of maturity; they can silence players if the need arises and in dire circumstances force-boot players from the game itself while helping out with game problems (such as missions and bugs). All GS's require to fill in an application and are trained until they are at acceptable standards to monitor the game without Head supervision.

Just an idea to throw out there; I can see this being shot aside but it doesn't hurt to put something forward :p

Archived Post
09-03-2011, 03:33 AM
Or...take a leaf out of some other MMO's and test-recruit a couple of GS's (Game Sages). On another MMO I play, their Game Sages are usually volunteer players who have huge knowledge of the game and buckets of maturity

Most likely that game isn't located in the US. Ultimate Online got sued by it's volunteer staff a number of years ago. Because of that, no US based MMO currently uses volunteer staff.

Archived Post
09-03-2011, 03:34 AM
It's a cool idea, and I think a lot of people - cryptic included - want more staff. It takes time though.

Archived Post
09-03-2011, 03:48 AM
Most likely that game isn't located in the US. Ultimate Online got sued by it's volunteer staff a number of years ago. Because of that, no US based MMO currently uses volunteer staff.

Fair point. Apparently, the MMO was originally Asian but their American subsidiary (located in San Jose, wherever that is) picked it up and re-released it for English speakers.

American news isn't really on my radar so I was unaware of this problem >_>

Archived Post
09-03-2011, 05:24 AM
Maybe one day I will work for Cryptic when I grow up, I'm only 21 though and still in college :(

Archived Post
09-03-2011, 06:57 AM
I do think extra GM presence would be very helpful but I'd be a little apprehensive of giving players power over other players. The only person I'd trust to do it fairly would be @Mothers_Love based on their very fair channel moderation in CoH.