PDA

View Full Version : You know what?... that anniversary stage!...

Archived Post
09-01-2011, 12:17 PM
I've always thought a stage like that anniversary event stage we have just been treated to for Champ's 2nd anniversary - perhaps with the addition of a long catwalk (straight out of the middle and through where the cake now stands) - would be perfect for big costume events.

Just sayin'. ;)
(or perhaps a scaled down model [minus all the lights rigging] and it be permanent).

Seeing the new configuration of Ren Centre, it just got me thinking about how Ren Centre amphitheatre has kind of become an unofficial PvP arena, and personally I think it would be great if it reverted to a social enviroment once more and a huge new floating PvP stadium be up where the blimp now is (because lets face it the blimp isn't used for much at all... perhaps a bit of SG RP, thats it).

Yay?, nay?. :o

Archived Post
09-01-2011, 12:21 PM
I've always thought a stage like that anniversary event stage we have just been treated to for Champ's 2nd anniversary - perhaps with the addition of a long catwalk (straight out of the middle and through where the cake now stands) - would be perfect for big costume events.

Just sayin'. ;)
(or perhaps a scaled down model [minus all the lights rigging] and it be permanent).

Seeing the new configuration of Ren Centre, it just got me thinking about how Ren Centre amphitheatre has kind of become an unofficial PvP arena, and personally I think it would be great if it reverted to a social enviroment once more and a huge new floating PvP stadium be up where the blimp now is (because lets face it the blimp isn't used for much at all... perhaps a bit of SG RP, thats it).

Yay?, nay?. :o
Yaynay.

Yay for a permanent stage, nay for shuffling the duelers off to the blimp. Make a dueling arena, but put it closer to the rest of RenCen.

Why? A CC stage will be unused most of the time in most of the instances, and the duelers, bless their hearts, bring some much needed life to an otherwise empty area.

Oh, and let's have duel whitelists permanent, thank you!

Archived Post
09-02-2011, 07:20 AM
These ideas are interesting, though I'd rather they leave that stage for special events only. They could be recurring like Blood Moon and the Winter Event, though more symbolic to social zone events. Maybe they could make a variation on that stage (like the catwalk variation mentioned above) but smaller and more general for Costume Contests in a separate social instance (Club Caprice wing) and maybe dueling could have like the boxing ring placed outdoors with stage lights and such (similar to how a Vegas prizefight would be set up).

But for those ideas as well, I'd rather they not be permenant fixtures and more for scheduled events if they are to be used the public zones. Reason I bring this up is that it actually would break immersion to have them as permanent fixtures, as these kinds of sets are usually meant to be propped up and broken down. IRL, they don't stay up unless they are part of a venue (aka instanced map). So to leave it just propped up for the general populace to just play on or even ignore causes them to lose their appeal.

Unless the developers want to create broken down, rusted & torn versions of them to leave till the next anniversary, though that would create a very different atmosphere than the "City of Tomorrow"

Archived Post
09-02-2011, 07:50 AM
Nah. I'm really not a big fan of CC's in the outdoors. all that happens is that people who want to take part in the contest can't get in because the zone is full.

Archived Post
09-02-2011, 08:32 AM
the only thing i like about this entire event are the sound visualizers, they should make this a permanent thing.
it should be faster and on the attack instead of the enemy, but it is one of the things we're missing, it's a comic book game after all and i am not feeling the comic part without this part.