PDA

View Full Version : Sound Blaster X-fi Audio issues

Archived Post
08-26-2011, 03:52 PM
I noticed people were having trouble with sound a few days back but this is about a different soundcard so I started a thread to get it noticed.

I have a Sound Blaster X-Fi which I have used with the game for 2 years. But yesterday all of a sudden while playing all the ingame sound turned off.

I have check the cables, the settings for both the game and for the soundcard and even switched over to my inbuilt realtek sound and that didn't work either.

Every other game I play and all other sounds other than in game work perfectly, which brings me to the question.

Has soundblaster had a recent driver update that only seems to be effecting this game? or vice versa.

I would have said the new CO patch was to blame but it was working fine last night up until it turned off.

Archived Post
08-26-2011, 04:35 PM
I have some issues with my Turtle Beach Santa Cruz soundcard and this game, on another PC. I have to open up Winamp, start playing any music file, and just leave it paused. Run the game, and the sound stays up. If I shut down Winamp, the sound in the game fails.

It's an old sound card, but it's got such good clarity compared to the onboard, so I just deal with it.

Archived Post
09-03-2011, 03:04 PM
I have check the cables, the settings for both the game and for the soundcard and even switched over to my inbuilt realtek sound and that didn't work either.
Has soundblaster had a recent driver update that only seems to be effecting this game? or vice versa.

If your onboard sound also fails, the Soundblaster card is probably not the culprit. I had the same card, and at some point it stopped working in CO before it started failing elsewhere. Switching to onboard sound did solve the problem in that case.

Archived Post
09-21-2011, 04:51 PM
I noticed people were having trouble with sound a few days back but this is about a different soundcard so I started a thread to get it noticed.

I have a Sound Blaster X-Fi which I have used with the game for 2 years. But yesterday all of a sudden while playing all the ingame sound turned off.

Every other game I play and all other sounds other than in game work perfectly, which brings me to the question.

I would have said the new CO patch was to blame but it was working fine last night up until it turned off.

Friends don't let friends buy soundblaster. They are more headaches they they are worth and most the time onboard is just as good. If you absolutely MUST have a high quality soundcard Pick up a HT Omega Claro+ The power of that card on Logitech Z-5500 speakers will re-arrange your internal organs per explosion and crystal clear with audio.

Archived Post
09-22-2011, 09:38 AM
I've got a 3 year old creative soundblaster x-fi titanium in my PC and CO is the only game I have installed.
I've had the card lose audio three times and had to re-load driver audio suites. The last issue was so severe it rendered the card unusable and Dell diagnosed and ended up replacing the faulty hardware (luckily through warranty).

Coincidence?, ..... not sure.

Archived Post
09-23-2011, 07:32 PM
I gave up on my Creative Soundblaster x-fi sound card, it's junk and i had problems long before i played CO..sound issues lack of driver updates etc.
To be honest i'll never buy another Creative device again..

I have since bought a Asus Xonar DX sound card and its amazing one thousand times better than creatives junk even emulates Creatives EAX better than creative lol