PDA

View Full Version : Where do expired auction items go?

Archived Post
08-23-2011, 10:18 PM
Hello all, I've been playing for about 3 months now. I have a 40, and several 10-20something characters. I'm trying to get my 40 somewhere near "uber", and sell a lot of merchandise at the Auction House. I have been getting emails saying that certain auctions have expired, but can't find anything about where the expired items go.

Just today as I logged in I got 3 "expired" messages. I checked my character's inventory, it is just as it was yesterday: empty save for some devices. The Auction House doesn't seem to have the items either. I probably have 30 or 40 items which have expired... I assume that I should get back the items if they don't sell, right?

I feel that I have learned a great deal about this game in a relatively short time... but this information has thus far eluded me. Any help would be most appreciated.

Archived Post
08-23-2011, 10:30 PM
Ya, that got me for a while too. They are mailed back to you via the mail system (yes, the same mails telling you the lot has expired!) problem is you can read mail anywhere but to see attachments (or take) in mail you must be at one of those blue until mail places in MC, Desert or Canada. MC in ren center, the rest near they're planes.

Archived Post
08-23-2011, 11:39 PM
Thanks for the quick reply!

Ok, so I guess that I deleted a bunch of items when I deleted the emails? Oy!

I guess I should double check at the Until Station just in case they thought of that newbie oversight :-)

I kinda wondered what the Until email station was for since I can read my emails anywhere, and often check them on this website. It seems it's the only place to mass delete emails, so I don't have to delete every 'sold' email separately.

Well I hope I didn't lose too much in the way of valuable stuff. Guess I won't know now. lol

Archived Post
08-24-2011, 12:25 AM
A problem with the mail system is also that you don't see the attachments of the next mail if you delete one.
So you have first to click on another mail and then again on the first mail to see them.

Archived Post
08-24-2011, 02:06 AM
Thanks for the quick reply!

Ok, so I guess that I deleted a bunch of items when I deleted the emails? Oy!

I guess I should double check at the Until Station just in case they thought of that newbie oversight :-)

I kinda wondered what the Until email station was for since I can read my emails anywhere, and often check them on this website. It seems it's the only place to mass delete emails, so I don't have to delete every 'sold' email separately.

Well I hope I didn't lose too much in the way of valuable stuff. Guess I won't know now. lol

It's a good mistake, cause now you know what the mail terminals are for! The critical thing is YOU can send items there too! to other players...or yourself! it's how you craft bags and things and send them to you alts :)

Archived Post
08-24-2011, 11:00 AM
Eureka! I was trying to figure out how to send to my other characters, as my bank is pretty loaded with things that I thought my other toons would need.

Thank you!

Archived Post
08-24-2011, 03:01 PM
Eureka! I was trying to figure out how to send to my other characters, as my bank is pretty loaded with things that I thought my other toons would need.

Thank you!

No worries we all go through the "how do I send to myself" stage, I figured you would want to know :)

Archived Post
08-24-2011, 03:51 PM
No worries we all go through the "how do I send to myself" stage, I figured you would want to know :)

And since we're in that .. if you want to send money to another character, just buy mats like Gigavolt Charges
from the crafting trainer and send them, since they can be sold for the buy price ;)

Archived Post
08-24-2011, 04:27 PM
Also, another good trick is to send all the crafting items you don't want to other alts that can use them. (Like sending science stuff to your science crafting alts or arms stuff to your arms crafting characters.

When you get into your mail, go to the compose option and under the send to:
type in @handle to send stuff to yourself. That way, any of your alt-characters can access the items. So for example if you want to send stuff to yourself, type in @borg1of9