PDA

View Full Version : Base damage vs. gross damage

Archived Post
08-07-2011, 04:46 AM
I know some powers boost base damage and some boost gross damage, but I want to make sure I know what's what. Offensive passives, Enrage, and Focus all boost base damage, while the other toggles(Aspects, Aggressor, Mental Discipline) boost gross damage correct?

Also, do damage penalties from Laser Knight, Bountiful Chi Resurgence, and Elusive Monk apply to gross or base?

What about boosts that are built into attacks? Example: Lightning Arc does 20% more to a Negative Ion target. Is that base or gross? Are all attacks the same or do some boost gross and some base?

I try very hard to understand the mechanics of this game, but this is one area I'm really lacking.

Archived Post
08-07-2011, 06:13 AM
Your first paragraph is correct.

I think Lightning Arc's 20% more to a Negative Ion target is base and also the damage buff from TK eruption. The Thought Sever adv. on Ego Weaponry that does 20% more damage when target has less than 50% hp is also base from what I've tested.

Don't know about the others though.

Archived Post
08-07-2011, 10:09 AM
Thank you. I guess the only thing I'm still really wondering about is the offensive debuffs from the aforementioned powers.