PDA

View Full Version : Are any pets worth useing now?

Archived Post
07-17-2011, 10:02 AM
When i first played back in 2009 for a few months i tried to make a pet character at one point. But even fully upgraded pets were so worthless it was a waste of time and energy to summon them. really. i could use my second attack (i think it was the sorcery one you can start with) and it would do more damage than all my pets combined and was quicker to use. They also couldnt even hold hate from energy building attacks.
It was pitiful.

Pets you got from items were a different story, they could be nasty.

Has this improved? i came back recently but i deleted my pet character along time ago.

Archived Post
07-17-2011, 11:39 AM
maybe not "any" pets...

but "all" pets ...

:D:D:D

minions abound !!!!

...at least that's the rage.

Archived Post
07-17-2011, 11:46 AM
Petspam is like cancer.

Roll an actual superhero.

Archived Post
07-17-2011, 07:18 PM
Lv3 Support drone + Lv2 Munition Bot + Lv2 Arcane Summon + Force Shield w/ Force Sheath = Soloing Elite on Aftershock and most missions. Also done in Arcana easily on Very Hard.

Archived Post
07-17-2011, 09:32 PM
It depends how you use them, JudgeBot's master of the hunt build thread has a very useful video to back up for it

Archived Post
07-18-2011, 06:32 AM
...all depends on how you wanna' play them. If your gonna' take 1 or 2 pets and expect them to do all your major work for you..then no. At that lvl you might aswell just pull out your action figures. With my build I been able to solo a lot of the crap in-game since 32. The other day I made an afternoon out of camping Mega T and just beating him down for the easy 40K xp. Yea that's right.. Mega T..solo w/o a passive and only blocking when he powers up his 2 different aoe's. Then again like that other poster mentioned, I too went all pets and I'm usually haunted by all the silvers in game as to how and where and why in tells.

Every team I join just smiles when they see me roll thru with my horde at the ready. Players who come here and call it cancer or pet-spam laziness are probably the same few that I out dmg in the Bloodmoon events or at the very worst..the ones that get creamed in missions leaving me with their over pulled aggro to clean up while they are running back from respawn hell.

Only downside is you gotta becareful with the crappy connections. That much action onscreen can lagg up some players and they tend to get p!ssy at you for their crappy setups

Archived Post
07-18-2011, 07:17 AM
All pets have a role and I sometimes include them based on the theme of my build, currently out of all my toons just two use pets and thats just Tech and WIld, not a fan of the rest since I don't build magic themed toons. They all rock on their own merits, except for a couple. Personally, I don't make full pet toons as it makes me feel lazy and overly dependent, so on some toons I play as support DPS and one one I actually tank for my pets. So incase they get killed I can survive long enough to resummon without shield kiting.

Tech:
Support Drones-heal/dps
Munition Bots-dps
Arcane Summoning- Tank, Tough
Attack Toys- DPS-------------------------some like em, I hate em.

Wild:
Command Animals- DoT, Debuff
Ritual Summoning- AoE,DPS,Buff, Tough
Arctic Beast- Control, AoE, DPS

Mystic
Ebon Summoning- AoE, DPS
Radiant Summoning- Healing-----------------------------It sucks in PvE imo, aggros a bunch and dies.
Tyrannon's Fammiliar- Tough, Tank, Energy Return
Void Horror- DPS, Quick

Just realised, been testing pets a lot recently, should I write a guide of sorts ?

Archived Post
07-18-2011, 07:43 AM
not a fan of the rest since I don't build magic themed toons.

Tech:
Support Drones-heal/dps
Munition Bots-dps
Arcane Summoning- Tank, Tough
Attack Toys- DPS-------------------------some like em, I hate em.

But isn't Arcane Summonning a Magic Skill from Arcane Sorcery ? :confused:

Archived Post
07-18-2011, 07:45 AM
Yup but its appearance makes it go perfectly with a Tech theme, hence I listed it there.

Archived Post
07-18-2011, 07:58 AM
Yup but its appearance makes it go perfectly with a Tech theme, hence I listed it there.

Ahh .. must say i have never tried that skill .. maybe take a look on it if i remember it the next time on the PTS ;)

Archived Post
07-18-2011, 09:11 AM
Do so ^^, I use it instead of attack toys since they suck, looks like a giant robot with eye beams and force eruption and it throws out decent aggro too.

Archived Post
07-18-2011, 09:28 AM
Do so ^^, I use it instead of attack toys since they suck, looks like a giant robot with eye beams and force eruption and it throws out decent aggro too.

plus it's challenging strikes built into the summon