PDA

View Full Version : A Different Way to Acquire Gear

Archived Post
07-06-2011, 12:18 AM
Okay, so, take aftershock for example, or a few bosses in resistance. Bosses that drop BoP loot that's specific to that boss.

So, I'm sure some very nice items can drop from these bosses. I've yet to see one, but I'll give you guys the benefit of the doubt. However, chances are, when I DO see a useful item, it probably won't be useful for the character I'm running it on. If you don't want to make the loot BoP, I propose this instead:

Have bosses with specific loot drop some kind of special token. This token can then be used to purchase a single item from their drop table from some NPC in RenCen or something, much like emblems of valor and such in WoW. You can keep these tokens and the gear bought from them BoP, but giving us a choice as to what item we can get will make killing these bosses seem much more fruitful.

It also has the advantage of letting us see the potential loot. I honestly don't know all of Arcana's drops, for example. What if they all suck? I don't want to kill her a hundred times to find out.