PDA

View Full Version : New Melee Weapon Models: Energy Hands

Archived Post
06-27-2011, 09:10 AM
I was reading a thread the other day by someone who wanted to create a phasing character concept. They thought Dragon's Wrath would be a great attack for this concept, since it bypasses defenses, but they didn't want their character to use swords.

I personally have seen quite a few attacks from the Dual Blade and Claws sets that I like, but the weapons didn't fit my concept.

How hard would it be to create just a glowing aura around the hands that would replace the sword models?

I'd also like to see just a straight energy blade, like a light saber without the handle, that extends from the hand(s). Something that looks like it's being projected from the hand rather than held.

Archived Post
06-27-2011, 09:16 AM
I'd also like to see just a straight energy blade, like a light saber without the handle, that extends from the hand(s). Something that looks like it's being projected from the hand rather than held.

Well, Ego Blades work for that... the whole thing (blade and handle) is transparent / translucent energy that you're "creating" with our mind. Though from your description it sounds like you want zero handle, kine it's just a cylinder coming from your closed fist... as opposed to an entire sword made of transparent energy with a visible translucent handle.

Archived Post
06-27-2011, 09:23 AM
Well, Ego Blades work for that... the whole thing (blade and handle) is transparent / translucent energy that you're "creating" with our mind. Though from your description it sounds like you want zero handle, kine it's just a cylinder coming from your closed fist... as opposed to an entire sword made of transparent energy with a visible translucent handle.

Exactly. It should just look like a blade of energy, not a sword.

Actually, back in Alpha or Beta the Ego Blade models looked like this. There are still pictures floating around out there. At some point in Beta they changed the models to look more like transparent swords.

Archived Post
06-27-2011, 09:42 AM
Exactly. It should just look like a blade of energy, not a sword.

Actually, back in Alpha or Beta the Ego Blade models looked like this. There are still pictures floating around out there. At some point in Beta they changed the models to look more like transparent swords.

Yeh, I'm not a fan of the model they used... especially the R3 model (looks like a stereotypical mid-eastern sword).

I *think* I liked the R2 models fairly well but I don't remember what they are now.

But yeh, something like a basic cylinder... akin to the light saber... but all energy. I think I saw some anime a while back that did that, perhaps Ryoko in "Tenchi Muyo" and some others. And I thought I recalled a comic where some character did it (perhaps a throw-away villain).

Archived Post
06-28-2011, 08:22 AM
I would love actually if they just fixed the ego form animation, no glowy body just glowy hands, its the only reason i dont use Ego Form, planning to test a build using Aura of Ebon Destruction and Ego Surge for the looks, theoretically it should stack with Incisive Wit as well since AoED is not an energy form and the aura gives the glowy hands effect you want too. =D

Archived Post
06-28-2011, 08:56 AM
I would love actually if they just fixed the ego form animation, no glowy body just glowy hands, its the only reason i dont use Ego Form, planning to test a build using Aura of Ebon Destruction and Ego Surge for the looks, theoretically it should stack with Incisive Wit as well since AoED is not an energy form and the aura gives the glowy hands effect you want too. =D

No. I like Ego form the way it is, I chose the power because of it. It's the how my main, Virtual Man, looks virtual.

Archived Post
06-28-2011, 09:07 AM
Then perhaps a toggle like with pet skins that lets you control it ?

Archived Post
06-28-2011, 01:13 PM
I'd like to use my hands for some of the weapon based powers with no glow that is. Some powers look OK with just using the hands. Dragon's Wrath (would look like a kung fu move too), Sword Cyclone (Spinning Clothesline), Skullcrusher (could look like you're slamming the ground with your fists). The barehanded Skewer animation does exist on the Colossus in the Resistance AP.