PDA

View Full Version : The air is out

Archived Post
06-26-2011, 04:17 PM
Ive got two level 40 and a hand full of lvl 20.
Sometimes i log in and create a new hero, play for 2-3 hours and go out because im tired of the missions.
Ive seen everything. Ive finished and MMO.

If cryptic only brings missions like Aftershock i see dark for my fun.
I think the only way to bring the fun (FOR ME!!!!) back are new things like:

New PvP Modes (Capture the flag, more survival maps)
A new feature like side kicks
a mission editor
Teamplaymissions like in CoX
New Powersets

Sorry for my bad english

Archived Post
06-26-2011, 05:04 PM
You can't please all of the people all of the time but i do agree with the need for more team type missions or events with the difficulty scaled up so only 5 people can feasibly complete it

Archived Post
06-27-2011, 12:09 AM
You're a lifer. Take a break. Get some of that "ooh, I wanna do this"-feeling back.
Go play some other MMO for a bit and see how good we have it here in CO.
Or twiddle with yet-another-alt-with-a-weird-power-combo like so many other of us.

Either way, I wish you the best of luck and hope you re-discover what makes CO fun for you soon.

Archived Post
06-27-2011, 02:09 AM
You're a lifer. Take a break. Get some of that "ooh, I wanna do this"-feeling back.
Go play some other MMO for a bit and see how good we have it here in CO.
Or twiddle with yet-another-alt-with-a-weird-power-combo like so many other of us.

Either way, I wish you the best of luck and hope you re-discover what makes CO fun for you soon.

Quoted for truth. I took a good six-month break to play Batman: Arkham Asylum a couple of times, and then spent a few months playing DCUO (what can I say? I love comic books). I've been playing for 3 months solid since I came back.

But then, I may not be the best example; I'm a lifer that's been playing since Beta, and I have yet to reach level 40 on any character.

Archived Post
06-27-2011, 02:36 AM
As mcuh as I am against a Player Created mechanic, after seeing what happened in CoX, I think it would bring much needed play to this game. If they did bring it in here, though, it will need things like:

- The ability to create NPCs. This would give us a chance to add hero characters to the game to assist your hero in missions.

- A limitation on the number of times per day these missions can be run. This will quell the "powerleveling" aspect of them that hurt CoX. Players would just PL in the player created missions and then complain there is nothing to do.

- A fix to drop tables. We are all getting tired of Level 40 locked 12 slot bags.

Archived Post
06-27-2011, 08:27 AM
As mcuh as I am against a Player Created mechanic, after seeing what happened in CoX, I think it would bring much needed play to this game. If they did bring it in here, though, it will need things like:

- The ability to create NPCs. This would give us a chance to add hero characters to the game to assist your hero in missions.

- A limitation on the number of times per day these missions can be run. This will quell the "powerleveling" aspect of them that hurt CoX. Players would just PL in the player created missions and then complain there is nothing to do.

- A fix to drop tables. We are all getting tired of Level 40 locked 12 slot bags.

Although PLing in the Architect still goes on, it's nowhere near as bad as it was back when they first introduced it. They've done a lot to smush the exploits in their UGC system it just didn't happen as quickly as players like myself would have hoped.

The Foundry is much better equipped to deal with that stuff. There are a few farms in STO, sure, there isn't really a way to completely stop them without making the entire system pointless, but they've been good about squashing exploits fairly quickly. At least from my perspective anyway.

Archived Post
06-27-2011, 10:09 AM
Sometimes i log in and create a new hero, play for 2-3 hours and go out because im tired of the missions.

If cryptic only brings missions like Aftershock i see dark for my fun.
I think the only way to bring the fun (FOR ME!!!!) back are new things like:

New PvP Modes (Capture the flag, more survival maps)
A new feature like side kicks
a mission editor
Teamplaymissions like in CoX
New Powersets

Sorry for my bad english

Um. Playing for 2-3 hours straight is a lot.

Archived Post
06-27-2011, 10:44 AM
Quoted for truth. I took a good six-month break to play Batman: Arkham Asylum a couple of times, and then spent a few months playing DCUO (what can I say? I love comic books). I've been playing for 3 months solid since I came back.

But then, I may not be the best example; I'm a lifer that's been playing since Beta, and I have yet to reach level 40 on any character.

I played a lot after release, almost a full year of die-hard gaming, then a couple of months of casual play. I stopped sometime around F2P... either just before or just after.

Anyway I came back a few months ago and was playing a LOT again. Between the changes and looking at it through fresh eyes again it was great.

But now I'm starting to get tired of it. I've made all of the builds that I care about.

I'll probably take another break and play again in the Fall / Autumn.

Archived Post
06-27-2011, 11:47 AM
/sign

This is what I want for Champions myself! :D

Archived Post
06-27-2011, 11:57 AM

I play A LOT and I have four 40's and eighteen more assorted toons from 6-32 at the moment. I play almost every day for a few hours and have been since the beginning. I have yet to do a TON of stuff.

I'm not sure how you "finished" but I'm betting there something you haven't done....

Edit to add: Oh, and I've experimented endlessly with powers. You do realize that almost none of the Freeform combos I've ever tried play the same, right? It's a new experience every time IMO.