PDA

View Full Version : For the teleport haters.

Archived Post
05-17-2011, 08:13 AM
It's no surprise that nearly all the PVP players despise teleport.

Here's a solution;

Phase Denial (Teleport Advantage) - While teleported, you can cancel another player's ability to teleport. The affected player has their teleport cancelled and is stunned (5 seconds) from the mental trauma of being forced back to the physical world. Can only be used while teleporting. Players using teleport can target other players during teleport.

Treat it like a lunge to close the distance between players.

Archived Post
05-17-2011, 09:34 AM
There's already ways to counter teleport, and five seconds is way too long for a stun.

Archived Post
05-17-2011, 10:01 AM
There's already ways to counter teleport, and five seconds is way too long for a stun.

But not everybody is willing to build for it.

Why is 5 sec oo long? That's how long NTTG lasts. Also, most stuns last that long unless you damage the affected, then it breaks faster.

Archived Post
05-17-2011, 10:07 AM
But not everybody is willing to build for it.

If FrozenBones is willing to put on perception gear, and he posted that he has on his "controller" - well, if he's getting over it, I guess everybody should; IMO, anyway.

Archived Post
05-17-2011, 11:07 AM
For something that can be countered so easily, it sure doesn't seem to have affected its use in PvP. I mean, if all it takes is per gear, teleport should be so gimp that people en masse dump it and change to superspeed or something.

People seem to forget that out of all the travel powers, only teleport starts out at its maximum speed with no travel time. That alone is advantage enough even with people with per gear. At rank 3 its fairly fast, too.

Also, guess what? Unless you SPECIFICALLY know where to get the two perception items via quests pre 20, you aren't seeing through teleport. There needs to be more per gear pre 20, period.

Archived Post
05-17-2011, 11:16 AM
For something that can be countered so easily, it sure doesn't seem to have affected its use in PvP. I mean, if all it takes is per gear, teleport should be so gimp that people en masse dump it and change to superspeed or something.

People seem to forget that out of all the travel powers, only teleport starts out at its maximum speed with no travel time. That alone is advantage enough even with people with per gear. At rank 3 its fairly fast, too.

Also, guess what? Unless you SPECIFICALLY know where to get the two perception items via quests pre 20, you aren't seeing through teleport. There needs to be more per gear pre 20, period.

If you play through the PVE game until that point, you WILL have the missions that give the gear.

Archived Post
05-17-2011, 11:23 AM
No, you don't. Not everyone goes to snake gulch. Some people stay in MC doing the psi missions till 20. Not everyone does Canada at 14 now, some still stay in MC doing the entire quest line and just hit DC before they do rime woods. Even back then both mission paths were optional, and they forked off.

Archived Post
05-17-2011, 04:49 PM

There's a counter to the power, so everyone should stop using it? I'm pretty sure that is not what people are trying to convey when they say there's a counter. Teleport isn't gimped, pre-FFA nor after, because perception gear exists in game anymore than Defiance is gimped because Dragon's Wrath with Tiger Courage exists. Yes, there is a way to see through it; no one ever said that made the power ineffectual.

What I personally don't forget is that teleport is available to anyone. If I choose not to use it on a toon (and I have on quite a few, and I never level with it even if it fits my toon concept due to the pain in the ass of constantly having to reactivate it), then that's a choice I made, neh? Also, I've had superspeed, acrobatics, flight, and superjump (outdoors) get me out of at least as many jams as teleport, low lvl and max; however, no travel power has ever gotten me out of as many jams as Evasive Maneuvers. Folks keep getting better and better at kicking you out of tele, especially with the in-combat cds they added recently.

I could care less about PvP in the lower tiers; I like playing fully fleshed out toons. My toons are never in T2 or T1 long enough for any of it to be a concern. Nonetheless, I usually do go in for a few matches of UTC (a bit of a night of T2 matches without perception gear on my toon is available for viewing @ my youtube channel, melee toon, too), and I rarely bother with perception gear prior to T3. I agree, though, that there should higher availability, via crafting or another route, of perception gear prior to T3.