PDA

View Full Version : Electric Resurrect

Archived Post
05-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Hi there!

So I've been playing for awhile and well...Gadgets, Radiant Sorcery, and Celestial have resurrect powers, yet the common way to "jump-start" the heart in modern day society is a defibrillator.
The obvious question: Why doesn't the Electricity power-set have a resurrect power?

Could call it Defib Hands or something...I dunno lol.
Thoughts? Comments?

Archived Post
05-05-2011, 03:24 PM
Can they use it in a new AT? If not, you won't get it.

Archived Post
05-05-2011, 03:43 PM
Ooh, that sounds cool, but wouldn't Defilibrators technically work better as a Gadgets power? I'm aware of the Rez Serum, but it's never too late to change :P

Also, methinks Fire should have a phoenix-esque Rebirth power that does Fire damage instead of Dimensional. :)

Archived Post
05-05-2011, 04:40 PM
I definitely agree that there should be more utility powers like this spread around, though I do wonder if simply proliferating them would be the way to go. Personally, I'd like to see something a bit different than just making copies of abilities and having them do slightly different damage.

This Thread (http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=129151) has some great ideas with regards to how to make Power Replacers a more interesting aspect of the game.

And, though I'm pretty sure it's never going to happen because of how much work it'd take, I'd like to see that idea merged with yet another: General powers. Simply put, a small "Framework" that'd contain powers either don't cleanly fit within one "Super-framework", or should be accessible to all of them. Things like Resurrection powers, "Recall Friend", etc.

Then, by using the revamped Power Replacer system, you could give that "generic" power whichever flavor you wanted, so a Fire rez, a Lightning heal, etc.

City of Heroes had the similar concept of Pool Powers, and though Champions eliminated a major reason for them by making Travel Powers separate, there's still some need for things that are more generally accessible in my mind.

There'd definitely be a big problem with balance to worry about, particularly in PvP, which is much more competitive. I'm not going to say I have a solution, but it would seem like it could be solved through using the same Tier system as now, where they'd all be arranged in Tier 0 - 3. Since they're meant to be generic though, they'd naturally have to count all powers as "In-Framework"; to balance that, maybe they'd unlock a power later, so Tier 1 is actually open when you have 2 powers, Tier 2 opens at 4, and Tier 3 at 6.

In my mind, it'd be a good way to make really basic support stuff, like the couple types of Heal and Resurrection powers, more accessible without simply cloning them into a bunch of other Frameworks. It'd also allow Tier 4's to matter a bit more, particularly in Super-frames that are very narrow (like everything except Mystic, possibly Tech) since dipping for them wouldn't require one of the few Out-of-Framework powers that are allowed if you want a T4. And it'd be a place for powers that are much more niche, similar to Rezzes, like a "Recall Friend" variant.

I'm not saying it'd be easy, even the Power Replacer reworking that it's built on would be a huge change. But I think it'd be a great way to allow for more customization in builds, without just creating a ton more powers.

Or, you know, they can give Electricity a rez. Whichever.

Archived Post
05-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Hi there!

So I've been playing for awhile and well...Gadgets, Radiant Sorcery, and Celestial have resurrect powers, yet the common way to "jump-start" the heart in modern day society is a defibrillator.
The obvious question: Why doesn't the Electricity power-set have a resurrect power?

Could call it Defib Hands or something...I dunno lol.
Thoughts? Comments?

I've been wanting a thematically appropriate rez for my electric toon for a while now - this is exactly the sort of thing she needs.

it should have the advantage that applies to the rez'd target:

Energize!
fills targets endurance pool to maximum
Applies 'Juiced' to target, +0.5 Energy generation for 10s

Archived Post
05-05-2011, 11:49 PM
Also, methinks Fire should have a phoenix-esque Rebirth power that does Fire damage instead of Dimensional. :)

^This sounds awesome. Brings back some fun CoX memories too. :)