PDA

View Full Version : are all holds created equal?

Archived Post
05-03-2011, 09:38 PM
I have a gadgeteer who has a few extra power slots and I want to try a hold. But I've never used a hold in any of my builds ... I can pretty much rationalize any powerset so my question is All are holds created equal or does one rise above the others? if so which one's and why?

Archived Post
05-03-2011, 09:48 PM
At the moment, maintained holds are all the rage (in both senses of the phrase). Probably because they apply at full strength on the first tick and can be refreshed for a fair time, making them extremely difficult to combat. Stuns are powerful, but with their reduced duration and the ability to use breakfrees on them, they're not as bad as they were a few months ago.

Hold mechanics have been a mess since the F2P revisions to them. They kind of made the problem worse, not better...

Archived Post
05-03-2011, 09:50 PM
Their not equal i had people walking right trough ice burst, but i could never escape Ego hold, it keeps refreshing the hold until you die so it has my vote for "best" most OP hold. Just read the descriptions, most holds require you to maintain them tough

Archived Post
05-04-2011, 06:40 AM
I think Zetsuna is talking about Ego Storm, since Ego Hold is a charge hold.

Yeah Ego Storm is pretty much the best right now, since you can activate it, hold and entire group, and keep attacking while it's refreshing the hold.

But yeah, reading the descriptions is the first step to understanding. Also actually testing the power in question in the powerhouse (that's what it's for!) can help a lot.