PDA

View Full Version : What's with the contests?

Archived Post
04-14-2011, 10:21 AM
I appreciate that cryptic is trying to get the community to be more involved, and excited about the game by making contests both in game and out. I really appreciate the effort.

But I think it's a waste of time.

This may seem ridiculous because I know many different departments are involved, but I feel like a used car salesman is trying to sell us a lemon. I just want them to focus on giving us new content and costumes.

All these bells ans whistles are starting to worry me.

Archived Post
04-14-2011, 10:22 AM
To be fair, they have no real effort behind them at all.

Sure, they are time sinks but they are using no other resources.

And in the case of Community Reps...it is kinda part of their jobs.

Archived Post
04-14-2011, 10:34 AM
This thread has single handedly proven numerous prior comments from the players, devs and community team correct.

We have a lack of involvement with the player community = complaint.
We have a visible increase in involvement with the player community = complaint.

But, there was that disclaimer of appreciation so it's not really a complaint...just an expression of worry.

When the involvement with the CO community tapers off, again, I'm pointing people to this thread as one possible reason why. Then I'll just point to 8bit as the real reason as usual. :p

Archived Post
04-14-2011, 10:39 AM
I dont think Ive participated in any of the GM events (not my cup of tea) but others enjoy them and they dont take up dev resources, so more power to them.

As to the Alienware Laptop sweepstakes, well, Facebook would need to pay me to sign up.

Archived Post
04-14-2011, 10:42 AM
This thread has single handedly proven numerous prior comments from the players, devs and community team correct.

We have a visible increase in involvement with the player community = complaint.

But, there was that disclaimer of appreciation so it's not really a complaint...just an expression of worry.

When the involvement with the CO community tapers off, again, I'm pointing people to this thread as one possible reason why. Then I'll just point to 8bit as the real reason as usual. :p

I'll change my post to reflect that I am the real culprit immediately.

*strokes curly handlebar moustache menacingly*

Archived Post
04-14-2011, 11:12 AM

Yeah I wasn't complaining......really, I think the contests are done well. I just worry because I am not seeing any long term goals listed, and it all feels like a bribe to be excited instead of genuine excitement.

Edit: worth noting, is that I like my solo play, and don't want to be involved in the community at all. I just want to play my toons, and have new content and costumes continuously added for them to use. and in spite of all the loud voices in the forums, I would be willing to bet that there are far more players like me, than less.
Community type players are probably better for the game though.

Archived Post
04-14-2011, 11:15 AM
Yeah I wasn't complaining......really, I think the contests are done well. I just worry because I am not seeing any long term goals listed, and it all feels like a bribe to be excited instead of genuine excitement.

*'knobs nods*

This is the sound of me biting my tongue.

Archived Post
04-14-2011, 11:18 AM
but I feel like a used car salesman is trying to sell us a lemon.

ahem.....and whats so bad about Lemons?

Archived Post
04-14-2011, 11:20 AM

They are sour.

Archived Post
04-14-2011, 11:23 AM

ROFLMAO!! How did I not see that coming?

Archived Post
04-14-2011, 11:34 AM
:p *post deleted by user because it might of PO'ed LemonLass* :p

Archived Post
04-14-2011, 11:36 AM
*oopps, double post!*

Archived Post
04-14-2011, 11:37 AM
aww come on i can take it

Archived Post
04-14-2011, 11:56 AM
So it was you 8Bit tying fair maids to traintracks.......grrrrr

back on track (heh puns) however, I do think the greater involvement in the game is always a plus, it shows that they care and are interested in making the game fun for us.