PDA

View Full Version : Switching to Custom Archetype (with Gold service)

Archived Post
02-15-2011, 07:23 AM
When I started, I was a Silver member. Then I decided to upgrade to Gold. When I did, it asked me if I wanted to turn my archetype character into a custom character. I did not fully understand the nature of custom characters at that time, and chose not to, however now I regret that decision. Can I switch now? It's only been a few days. I've put a lot of work into this character, and I really feel terrible having not chosen that path.

How do I change this?

Archived Post
02-15-2011, 08:59 AM
I just wanted to pop in and let you know that you're not being ignored, it's just that as this whole F2P thing is so new, and functions on a monthly basis, there really isn't much actual first hand experience in the matter.

I hope you get some answers soon and that it works out, but in the meanwhile you could try requesting GM help in game.

This may be a case of "use it or lose it" tho, since it's been referred to, endlessly, as a "one time conversion" deal. We assumed that meant you can only convert once, but it may also mean, you will only be given the option to convert that one time and never again. Cryptic may be adding an item in the C-Store to allow conversions in the future tho, but I don't know how solid that is.

Best of luck.

-Pi

Archived Post
02-15-2011, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the information. I just wish it would have been crystal clear on the fact that this was a one-time offer for conversion, with maybe a FAQ beside it listing the upsides and downsides from the decision.

I was level 17 then, and I'm 30 now. As a Grimoire, I'm holding my own, but I truly wish I could customize!

Archived Post
02-15-2011, 04:01 PM
The next patch should allow you to retrain your gold character from archetype to freeform.

Archived Post
02-15-2011, 04:15 PM
As a Grimoire, I'm holding my own, but I truly wish I could customize!
Yes; during the Closed Beta, the Grimoire was one of the first Archetypes I tried out - and I very THOROUGHLY enjoyed it. :)

Archived Post
02-16-2011, 09:07 AM
heck, don't worry about it. you are gold now, you have plenty of character slots to play with. I say bring the current toon to 40, then make a new customized character. now that you are gold, when you reach lvl 40, you get a free character slot, and a free retcon, although, I don't know how retcons work on an archtype. maybe with the retcon, they will let you customize.

Just think of your first character as a learning experience. I am working on my second lvl 40 toon now (lvl 34, almost there)!