PDA

View Full Version : Slow downloads? Check here!

Archived Post
01-25-2011, 02:48 PM
Hi folks!

We're aware that some people have been experiencing very slow downloads while patching up from very old versions of the game. We'd like to share another option with you!

If you are patching from a very old install, please consider downloading the full client through our torrent here (http://www.champions-online.com/download). Users can expect much shorter waits from download start to getting in-game by using this method.

Thanks!

Stormshade

Archived Post
01-25-2011, 03:50 PM
Thank you very much!

Are there any ports to open?

Archived Post
01-25-2011, 04:25 PM
Am I correct in assuming that this full client downloader is using a peer-to-peer system? It seems on my computer that the reason the download is going so slowly is that my upload speed is bottlenecking the bandwidth available for the download. Is there any way to set a cap on the uploading for this?

Archived Post
01-25-2011, 04:43 PM
Is there a real *.torrent file anywhere? Your downloader isn't working at all for me 0,0kb/s.

Archived Post
01-25-2011, 05:04 PM
the client download uses a very simple bit torrent to download the client. speed will be based on number of seeds and whether your isp filter torrent traffic. I believe you can use a more robust torrent program to download the client.
now the patcher (not the client downloader instaler) from the launcer patches the game using port 7255 so if that port is filtered or block it will affect the patching speed.

Archived Post
01-25-2011, 05:47 PM
I don't kno if this is a REAL torrent or not. My D/L speed using this is very very slow. Is there a REAL torrent link? If this is a REAL torrent how can I use MY Torrent program to hook to it and D/L?

I mean really..... 4 hours and I am at 15% ....and yes, this is a full install.

Archived Post
01-25-2011, 05:54 PM
I'm having a horrible time with this ChampionsOnlineF2P downloader. I'm getting MAYBE 30 kb/s download but it's using almost ALL of my upstream so I can't do anything else!

Archived Post
01-25-2011, 05:59 PM
I'm having a horrible time with this ChampionsOnlineF2P downloader. I'm getting MAYBE 30 kb/s download but it's using almost ALL of my upstream so I can't do anything else!

- with my usual Dl speed peaking around 300.kb/sec, i was expecting this game to be done in about 3-4 hours.i.ve been DLin since 9am from you guys and the speed keeps flucuating from 0.0kb to up to 100.okb. currently at 23.4%, I this rate Ill have to keep DLin for 2 days?!?!?!?! any help? I guess this is the cost of being free.

Archived Post
01-25-2011, 06:19 PM
Yeah normally I get speeds of up to 1,5MB/s with utorrent, depending on seeds. But the ChampionsOnlineF2P.exe downloader just does nothing 0,0Kb/s... If the program really uses a torrent just give us the REAL *.torrent file like you did in the STO beta times. Or at least tell us what ports we need to forward to get your downloader working. Some options for the downloader like setting a port would be nice aswell^^

Archived Post
01-25-2011, 06:27 PM
Storm, I dloaded from the page you listed, but the client is having some serious issues. Dload time is ranging between 347 kb/s peak to .01 kb/s. It's mostly on .01 kb/s. I'm guessing all us STOpids are dloading your F2P game.

Any advice like when the best time to dload would be?

Archived Post
01-25-2011, 07:12 PM
Hey Just letting everyone know that I am downloading Champions Online Free to Play Client for fileplanet.com
Not sure if this will work or not but I will let you know if it does. It is downloading the whole game from fileplanet instead of using the installer that is running really slow.

PS. It works. On Fileplanet there are two files you can download one is Champions Online Free to Play Client and the other is Champions online Free For All Client. Download the Champions Online Free to Play Client and you will not have to worry about the slow speeds.

Archived Post
01-25-2011, 07:47 PM
I installed file on fileplanet , then i run laucher , it update about 925MB and Now I 'm running game

Archived Post
01-25-2011, 07:54 PM
Glad you too are up and running. I guess the slow download is caused by the volume of people downloading from Cryptic.

Archived Post
01-25-2011, 07:59 PM
Hey Just letting everyone know that I am downloading Champions Online Free to Play Client for fileplanet.com
Not sure if this will work or not but I will let you know if it does. It is downloading the whole game from fileplanet instead of using the installer that is running really slow.

PS. It works. On Fileplanet there are two files you can download one is Champions Online Free to Play Client and the other is Champions online Free For All Client. Download the Champions Online Free to Play Client and you will not have to worry about the slow speeds.

Thx, downloading now with a lovely speed of ~1800kb/s... that's how it should be from cryptics site in the first place!

Archived Post
01-25-2011, 08:39 PM
-its been 12 hours since i started, at 29.9 percent, hahaha imma try out fileplanet and if the DL is quicker, im just stop from cryptic.

-file planet has faster speeds, omg lightning fast!-

Archived Post
01-25-2011, 08:52 PM
Well, trying to use the downloader client is exactly like trying to download the FFXIV client was.

0.01KB/s

The solution then, as now (since you don't have time to implement a good downloader in a day), is to actually give people a real .torrent file so they use a real torrent client. And make it easy and obvious, you're only helping yourself and preventing very bad first impressions. The LotRO and WoW installers don't have these issues.

Archived Post
01-25-2011, 09:03 PM
wow what a shocker a downloader that doesnt download thanx for nothing and that is not a torrent btw it is a download client big differnce

Archived Post
01-25-2011, 09:11 PM
is the file pn file planet the same as getting it from the website itself??? because if it is thats a waste of time.or is it from a separate server from file planets on servers where u can get it ?

Archived Post
01-25-2011, 09:25 PM
I have been trying all day long with this abysmal speed that was never quite as bad as some of these posts I am seeing but I eventually gave up and grabbed the client at http://www.bigdownload.com/games/champions-online/pc/champions-online-free-to-play-client/ and I am currently sucking it up at 1.2 mbs so I have traded 8 hours of waiting to... let's see... 24 mins left.

Archived Post
01-25-2011, 09:30 PM
I have been trying all day long with this abysmal speed that was never quite as bad as some of these posts I am seeing but I eventually gave up and grabbed the client at http://www.bigdownload.com/games/champions-online/pc/champions-online-free-to-play-client/ and I am currently sucking it up at 1.2 mbs so I have traded 8 hours of waiting to... let's see... 24 mins left.

why is that client much smaller then the client from the actual website itself??yours says 2.98 gigs and the one from the website is 3.3gigs??

Archived Post
01-25-2011, 09:34 PM
I will let you know in 10 mins. I assume it will patch some stuff but regardless, I would rather suffer thru this and try it then wait until tomorrow sometime to get the Cryptic torrent done.

Archived Post
01-25-2011, 09:36 PM
I will let you know in 10 mins. I assume it will patch some stuff but regardless, I would rather suffer thru this and try it then wait until tomorrow sometime to get the Cryptic torrent done.

ok cool and TY,im at 84% from the cryptic downlaod,hate to stop this because u cant restart it where u left off,but my downlaod speed is at like 70.k a sec.. and it sux...

Archived Post
01-25-2011, 10:15 PM
ok cool and TY,im at 84% from the cryptic downlaod,hate to stop this because u cant restart it where u left off,but my downlaod speed is at like 70.k a sec.. and it sux...

I stopped my download, and when i tried again, to see if it was simply a bad startup or somesuch, it scanned for about a min then resumed the download at the 600 ish Mb i had already gotten.

The DL on fileplanet is from their servers, my dl from Fileplanet is bouncing between 880kbyte, and 1 megabyte a second, mostly running at around 960ish kbyte

after finding out the spee don the FP download i compleely cancelled and deleted the files from the original isntaller.

Archived Post
01-25-2011, 10:49 PM
nothing and am on fiber
cant use the launcher it just crashes

Archived Post
01-25-2011, 10:53 PM
This is not a good sign... maybe I'll just skip it all together.:mad:

Archived Post
01-25-2011, 11:16 PM
Ok, I got the download in record time (maybe 40 mins) but it seems to be a slightly older build even tho it was posted yesterday. The real problem was the installer from that link gave me that error with my OS. I am running x64 Windows 7. I just resumed the original horrible torrent download and its at 71% and crawling along. I will deal with it tomorrow but FYI Cryptic dudes... this experience has been deemd Failure at Launch in my eyes. Get your crap together.

Archived Post
01-25-2011, 11:18 PM
Been downloading since 8:00AM, it is now after midnight, 18%!?, I'm done. :mad:

Archived Post
01-25-2011, 11:34 PM
ok what about slow downloads of the full free to play game client? this downloader is slower then hades even on a cable modem? is there a direct download link that doesn't require the downloader? i would prefer an http or possibly ftp download. one that can be caught by flashget or bitcomet.

Archived Post
01-25-2011, 11:39 PM
FIleplanet has been fast for me, it's actually working unlike the one from Cryptic but in their defense their servers might be getting hammered on the other hand that should have been planned for. :(
But I hope the game is fun once I get up and running. As of 1:30 am Central there is no waiting on any servers to download the F2Play version off of Fileplanet! Link for the goolge challenged (lazy)! You can sign up for a free account if you do not have one.

http://www.fileplanet.com/218392/210000/fileinfo/Champions-Online-Free-To-Play-Client

Archived Post
01-26-2011, 02:14 AM
Ty so much for this File planet link Hamdinger, finally my speed is back on what it used to be. Hopefully this will work.

Archived Post
01-26-2011, 03:28 AM
Woohooo ! Tnx Hamdinger!!
Now lets hope that this one will work for me :)

Archived Post
01-26-2011, 03:49 AM
yes i agree thank you that was a big help i should of thought of it myself but normally my only downloads from file planet are usually stuff i buy from direct2drive.

Archived Post
01-26-2011, 04:37 AM
Just my thoughts: Give people alternative links like fileplanet or a real .torrent file to download. Otherwise you'll **** off many many players... NO ONE is downloading a 3gb file with 0,1kb/s!!! If you decided to keep up the first impression of not even having a working downloader it could be: Paid -> Free to Play -> Death for the game.

Archived Post
01-26-2011, 06:43 AM
Put the ****ing Game On Steam.
It would download at your full max speed.
You just have to learn how to patch it by there the rest is bullcrap.
Sorry if I ofended your or any kids but thats the true. Wtf is this?
Downloading the game at 0,01kp per second? Its like 30 min to get to 1%...

If you guys dont have a system get it on steam for once!
Steam Version is Dead (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=20485466&posted=1#post20485466)

Archived Post
01-26-2011, 07:33 AM
Well I went into a coma like 8 hours ago and woke to the download completed. It's installed and ready to go. I will give the game a try but I am slightly jaded by the whole experience and having to come to this forum to garner information about... downloading. :(

Archived Post
01-26-2011, 07:34 AM
Thank God for File planet!! After spending 12hrs and getting only 215 megs I found Free to play on File Planet and in 5 minutes I have 200 megs downloaded and should have the full game in 2 hrs!!!

Archived Post
01-26-2011, 08:04 AM
i started the download at 9 am yesterday and from 9 am -8 pm it only got to 80% then froze up and crashed :( ive been waiting for this game to go F2P for a long long long time and it finally comes and they somehow screw up the download

Archived Post
01-26-2011, 09:30 AM
THX Hamdinger, I was just about to give up on downloading the game, your link saved the day.

Amazing though that a user has to provide a solution for cryptic's screw up... I'd almost say it's "cryptic". The underlying message being "we don't care about our users".

But most important : Well done Hamdinger!!!! :D

Archived Post
01-26-2011, 09:47 AM
Hi,

I managed to extract the torrent file from ChampionsOnlineF2P.exe and I have uploaded it to Megaupload:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YH281FHQ

Archived Post
01-26-2011, 09:57 AM
Hi,

I managed to extract the torrent file from ChampionsOnlineF2P.exe and I have uploaded it to Megaupload:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YH281FHQ

Good work man! It's really sad to see that players need to do cryptic's job... Maybe it would be best for them to opensource CO and move to some less demanding work ;)

Archived Post
01-26-2011, 10:46 AM
This is ridiculous..... The client down loader doesn't even move. Stuck at 0.0kbs for the last hour. Is there any othere way to download this any faster?

Archived Post
01-26-2011, 11:05 AM
Man ... even the FP link is running slow ... I'm circling 10 hours before I get the file ...

Archived Post
01-26-2011, 11:21 AM
Well, I've been trying to be patient but it's been 16 hours or so and I'm around 22%, most of the time @ 0.00k/s. Every four hours or so I get a spike and it quickly drops to 0. The fileplanet f2p tells me the download is preparing and then ie shuts down altogether. Frustrated... bad.

Archived Post
01-26-2011, 11:30 AM
Heres something u can do to get donload faster from big download. download orbit download accelerator an it makes a 5 hour download an hour anda half download

Archived Post
01-26-2011, 11:34 AM
Dammir my champions online downloader just goes for about 20 mins then it falls down to 0.00 kb/s and it wont go back up so i have to cancel the download and press the download button on the website agin and after i have done that maby twice i am lucky if i have gotten a single % out of it -.-

Archived Post
01-26-2011, 12:31 PM
Count me as having the same problem, the downloader eventually ends up at 0.00 Kb/s. Oh it'll spike at 1 or 3 Kb/s for a min, but then goes back to 0.00.

I honestly don't expect an answer here, but just adding my name to the list. :)

Archived Post
01-26-2011, 12:32 PM

I can't find the free to play client just the free for all. Which did you use?

Archived Post
01-26-2011, 12:57 PM
Yeah, it's taking forever for me. I was looking forward to playing, but it's taking a long time. I assume the servers are just jam-packed full of cheapos like me who are just downloading it now. Been downloading for about five hours and I'm just barely at 9%... Most of the time my KB/S is <10, whereas I usually have a KB/S of several hundred...

Archived Post
01-26-2011, 01:10 PM
The torrent file that was posted earlier had some 1000 peers and only 2 seeds. Why wouldn't Cryptic just host the installer on a powerful server, then just released a .torrent file? Sad that I'm getting an hour and 30 minutes on the FP download.

Archived Post
01-26-2011, 01:45 PM
How is it possible that its been going at 0kb/sec for an hour past TOO GOD DAMN LONG?

This morning this game started out as could be good, but i'm sitting here thinking this game better be past amazing or this is going to be in the recycling bin a million times quicker than i got it.

If it wasn't for that one guy or girl, _KaRMa_, who extracted the .torrent from your pathetic excuse for a down-loader i would bother with this game.

Bitter be F******* great.

Archived Post
01-26-2011, 02:04 PM
Hello i am new user

here i can dowload the game fast and works 450kbs for me :)
Sorry my english

Link (http://www.bigdownload.com/games/champions-online/pc/champions-online-free-to-play-client/)

Archived Post
01-26-2011, 02:04 PM
Just download the FP mirror and everything will be just DANDY!!!!

Archived Post
01-26-2011, 02:30 PM
All i see on File Planet regarding the clients are the free for all client and the trial client, isn't there a full version?:confused:

Archived Post
01-26-2011, 02:34 PM
This is no torrent in my honest opinion, for one it uses your entire upload bandwidth when you actually get any of it downloaded as opposed to 90% or so thus making it impossible to do anything else online while downloading. Also apparently Cryptic is using 0% of their own resources to do a few seeds on power servers, even Turbine does that for the LoTRO client.

Off-topic note: Also the no F2P forum section is ridiculous, where am I supposed to ask about questions related to gameplay/suggestions/etc? LoTRO also offers a section we can post at, you know I was going to download this and buy a few things for customization as I liked the game at launch just got bored quickly so figured I would try this again. However nevermind :(.

Also note: Search on torrent sites to find a REAL torrent download, was easy to find but I don't really feel like messing with this game now.

Archived Post
01-26-2011, 03:36 PM
Use FP downloader. It works and is fast.

Archived Post
01-26-2011, 04:08 PM
Hi folks!

We're aware that some people have been experiencing very slow downloads while patching up from very old versions of the game. We'd like to share another option with you!

If you are patching from a very old install, please consider downloading the full client through our torrent here (http://www.champions-online.com/download). Users can expect much shorter waits from download start to getting in-game by using this method.

Thanks!

StormshadeStormShade, please can we have a proper torrent file, there's one for STO and the downloader just isn't up to scratch.

Using fileplanet (with Comrade application) my download speeds are 1.1MB/s but using the downloader client it's not going above 16KB/s.

Archived Post
01-26-2011, 06:49 PM
Downloaded from fileplanet just now with no issue, the is a "free-for-all client", a "free trial client", and a "free-to-play client", the "free-to-play client" is the one you need to download. Currently patching...woooooow its quite a big patch >.>

Archived Post
01-26-2011, 08:05 PM
I just started downloading F2P client from Fileplanet and its cruising at 350+ kbps. Try this method.

Archived Post
01-26-2011, 08:39 PM
I was encountering issues but as many recommended in the 6 first pages, I tried the FilePlanet downloader and am now currently downloading at around 900 Ko/s, download time: only 1 hour C: Thank you all very much for allowing me to play Champions again, I would never have been able to do so by downloading at 0.00 Ko :p

Archived Post
01-26-2011, 11:22 PM
Look here -

http://www.gamershell.com/download_68566.shtml

...;)

Archived Post
01-27-2011, 08:48 AM
Yea im trying the free for all fileplanet download hopefully it works but hell at 1.2 mbs over 30 kb lol. Maybe its a good thing and means that so many people are downloading the client at once that its lagging i hope lol.

Archived Post
01-27-2011, 10:00 AM
Look here -

http://www.gamershell.com/download_68566.shtml
...;)

At last! An actual torrent link! Thanks :)

Archived Post
01-28-2011, 03:21 AM
The wrost thing seems to be this "official" download, it probably has nothing but one seeder, and all peers get stucked seeding each other.
Probably when download is complete, you'll stop seed 'cause you're gonna enjoy the last days of download and finally play with no restrictions.

Archived Post
01-28-2011, 05:16 AM
lol download it from gameborder it took 2 hours instead of 2 days :D

Archived Post
01-28-2011, 11:07 AM
got it from FP it downloaded in 30 mins

Archived Post
01-29-2011, 12:06 AM

I was having the same problem as a lot of you. I was getting no results with the regular links.Thanks to The Dragon Reborn - I"m getting 2.9 mb/sec ! I went and unloaded and loaded the dishwasher and came back and it was done :D

Archived Post
01-29-2011, 07:43 AM
Where is the "free to play download client" on FP? I can only find the "free for all" one.

Archived Post
01-29-2011, 01:44 PM
Where is the "free to play download client" on FP? I can only find the "free for all" one.

the free for all is the one you want

Archived Post
01-29-2011, 02:20 PM
Thanks I'll try that earlier posts said different (page 2).

Archived Post
01-29-2011, 04:46 PM
It worked, I'm one click away from playing. Thank you.

Archived Post
01-30-2011, 07:20 AM
The Champions Online downloader has been downloading for 4 days now on my 10/10 mbit line. I shouldn't have to find some workaround for a system that should be working in the first place. Just terrible. Even with a 100 mbit line it took 11 hours. Other than that, I love the game but that feeling is almost gone to the frustration.

Archived Post
01-30-2011, 08:22 AM
Yea im trying the free for all fileplanet download hopefully it works but hell at 1.2 mbs over 30 kb lol. Maybe its a good thing and means that so many people are downloading the client at once that its lagging i hope lol.

i got this dam problem........i downloaded from fileplanet and it was fast tel 56% and i turned the laptop off.......but i paused the download.....then the next day i woke up and i wanted to resume the game but it started from 24% and it says: 782 hours left!!!! WTF?!
so i deleted the fileplanet client and im still searching for a good fast client ..... -sigh-
can any 1 help please?!

Archived Post
02-01-2011, 04:42 AM
trying to download this game is a real joke. my download started at 103kb/s and lasted all of approx 10 mins before dropping off to 001kb/s to 003kb/s and there it has stayed

i will wait another hour or so before i cancel and delete:

Archived Post
02-01-2011, 05:00 AM
further to my previous msg

This system of downloading is just not acceptable, i can go to 100s of other games and the download is done in a mere fraction of the time it takes to download this game

as far as i am concerned cryptic do not have the concerns of prospective clients or themselves in mind with this rubbish system

Cryptic would you get your act together and give "your" clients the service they deserve or like myself people will just give up

I propably waste my time because i doubt cryptic will ever read this :mad:

Archived Post
02-02-2011, 11:24 PM
i see why this game went free to play , the download is crap!!

Archived Post
02-03-2011, 09:44 AM
Hey, I wonder if you guys think it is worth start downloading from fileplanet.com if I am already at 68%, running with 40 kb/s (on the official champions-online.com downloader)

EDIT: Avarage download speed on the fileplanet one is about 840 kb/s
Btw, already at 16% and started the download about 10 minutes ago, I'll run the fileplanet version of the download instead, it is WAY faster and I save a lot of time. I would first be done late tomorrow if I kept downloading from champions-online.com/download lol..
For all of you who are at like 80% on the original downloader, cancel it and go to fileplanet if the download is really slow.

Archived Post
02-03-2011, 10:15 AM
Hi folks!

Thanks!

Stormshade

Torrent is so slow for downloading better yet make it a FTP.

Archived Post
02-03-2011, 10:43 AM

THANKS!

Downloading now @ 600Kb/s :)

Archived Post
02-03-2011, 11:23 AM
damn takes longer to patch 200 MB than to download 3GB....

Archived Post
02-04-2011, 11:07 PM
Having made certain I was not experiencing any firewall related issues, my Cryptic Download was... abysmal.

So I downloaded from fileplanet in 12 minutes.

Thanks.

Archived Post
02-05-2011, 11:02 AM
Mine finally started downloading but yet it's only going at about 115 KB/s...I really don't feel like waiting, is there any way to improve the speed? :confused:

Archived Post
02-05-2011, 11:36 AM
Omg...This is really starting to tick me off...It was doing great at 300 KB/s (which isn't even great) and now it's not even moving from 30% at 40KB/s :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Archived Post
02-07-2011, 11:39 AM
There are links on that page the OP linked to.. I chose the big downloads.com or whatever it is and am getting 1.4mb down

Archived Post
02-07-2011, 11:29 PM
seriously, just put the whole 3gb file on this web server. downloading the beta didn't take this long

Archived Post
02-19-2011, 05:22 PM
Wow, was looking forward to trying this game out, but seriously, i have never had to wait this long for a game to download and ive played games with 3 times more GB worth of stuff. Think im gonna stop the download now while it is still at .01 kb/sec and try out perfect world or KoK3, peace out CO, would have been fun to play with you all.

Archived Post
02-20-2011, 01:02 PM
it is taking an extremely long time to download this game. i have to pass on this one.

Archived Post
02-21-2011, 03:36 PM
Hi folks!

Thanks!

Stormshade

The patch I am trying to download is 128 megs. But is taking 45 mins and only at 34.8 percent even after restarting my router/modem/computer/game launcher.

Archived Post
02-23-2011, 11:06 AM
The patch I am trying to download is 128 megs. But is taking 45 mins and only at 34.8 percent even after restarting my router/modem/computer/game launcher.

you have a faster download rate than i do.

i started my download day before yesterday and have almost %85 [84.61] of the 3.4 gig file.

stubbornness alone explains why i am still connected and letting it run.
that and i can't find an alternate source of the full size file.

another thing i noticed is that even though the download rate is slow, it dominates access to the internet.
everything i do is tremendously slow if it needs access to the web/internet.

getting logged into this forum took a long time and anything i do here or anywhere takes a very long time.
can't watch anything on hulu or youtube.

so i am not playing world of tanks, or 9dragons, or perfect world, or EVE online, either.
but i am enjoying morrowind and oblivion.

Archived Post
02-23-2011, 12:29 PM
the installer has jsut finished downloading after roughly 12hrs. ive been really looking forward to playing this game
now,clicking on the desktop icon im gettin a message saying:
Trying to update launcher
Please be patient
tried connecting 1 time.
ive tried more than once, whats going on?!:mad:

Archived Post
02-23-2011, 12:47 PM
the installer has jsut finished downloading after roughly 12hrs. ive been really looking forward to playing this game
now,clicking on the desktop icon im gettin a message saying:
Trying to update launcher
Please be patient
tried connecting 1 time.
ive tried more than once, whats going on?!:mad:

i'm going to go out on a limb here and make a guess.

that one time is for the current session of attempting to log in, and is not cumulative with other sessions.

understand that this wild guess comes from someone who has not even completed the download of the client, and i only base it on how i have seen software work before, and how i have seen people decided what kind of statement to put into error messages.

so i could be completely of the mark here, but if i was in your situation, and i hope to be so soon, that is what i would think had happened.

Archived Post
02-23-2011, 12:54 PM
i'm going to go out on a limb here and make a guess.

that one time is for the current session of attempting to log in, and is not cumulative with other sessions.

understand that this wild guess comes from someone who has not even completed the download of the client, and i only base it on how i have seen software work before, and how i have seen people decided what kind of statement to put into error messages.

so i could be completely of the mark here, but if i was in your situation, and i hope to be so soon, that is what i would think had happened.

its been on the same message for over an hour, theres no sign of any download or update status bar. just a little window.herumph!

Archived Post
02-23-2011, 11:23 PM
its been on the same message for over an hour, theres no sign of any download or update status bar. just a little window.herumph!

i finally got the full download.
i did the install, and started it up.
it needed a sizable patch at startup, but it came to me at a good pace and it started up ok after that.
as i shut it down the first time, it needed another 300+ MB patch that also came in at a good transfer rate.

so just to see what it would do i started it up again, it checked for a patch, there was none.
i shut it down, it checked for a patch, there was none.

so it seems to be working fine for me, but it seems that there needs to be an adjustment made on the way it deals with the upload rate killing the ability to download well in their torrent setup.

also it might be handy if there was some kind of reward to people who might choose to seed the file at some low bit rate that would not interfere with their other online activities so that there would be a large number of places for the torrent to get the file from in the future.

just a thought.

Archived Post
02-26-2011, 03:19 PM
I stopped the cryptic download at about 53% after running it since 7 am this morning. I started the file planet download and It should take about 1 hour and 32 minutes, compared to the like, 7 it would have taken off the cryptic download. That sucks pretty bad, Cryptic. You need to get your act together and do something about it lol. Or at least post mirror links on your splash page.

Archived Post
02-26-2011, 05:49 PM
Cryptic Downloader was snail slow, like so many others who tried it.

Downloading from Fileplanet now. Getting my max DL speed there.

Maybe if Cryptic would get their **** together people would actually try their games!

Archived Post
02-27-2011, 06:02 AM
I don't see any free to play client on fileplanet I only see the trial version and the free for all client.

Archived Post
02-27-2011, 06:10 AM
Captain Canada told me this is a fun game to play, I go ok. I then go to google to find official site, create account, and DL from official site. O.O holy ***** 15mb/s ok not too too bad, although I'm used to 200mb/s.... I go to sleep, sleep 10 hours, wake up, O.O only 45%???? DL speed was down to 0.00 and fluctuating from 0.00 to 0.01, while mainly being at 0.00. NOT a connection issue. So I read this ENTIRE forum page... yish.
Long story short I am now DL from Planet... says it will take roughtly 2hours and 35min. 8'( Why didn't I know thing BEFORE I tried the Official?????!!!! Dude like seriously YIKES! Ppl stinking lucky I am persistant otherwise I would have said ***** this I'm going back to my other game............. sigh.
I'll let yall know if that faster DL actually works lol

Archived Post
02-27-2011, 06:12 AM
I don't see any free to play client on fileplanet I only see the trial version and the free for all client.

Hi. If I'm not mistake, I believe "Trial Client" is an other way of saying "Free to play game"
I could be mistake however.
The so called "Trial Client" is 2.71GB. Trials are usually highly Petite (1Gb or less)

Archived Post
02-27-2011, 07:29 AM
Wow, when I first run the install, it's up to 934k/second...
So it ran overnight and is only 13% complete at a whopping .01k/sec.

Super-Awesome!

:mad:

Archived Post
02-27-2011, 12:59 PM
Well , this will take several days 20.32KB/S haha xD

Archived Post
02-27-2011, 01:35 PM
i went to mmosite and downloaded the original version of the game and installed that in under a minute....all i'm waiting on is the patch to finish and thats zooming by much much quicker than the installer they give us. i'm at 14% and its only been a few minutes

Archived Post
02-27-2011, 05:55 PM
www.piratebay.org

Archived Post
02-27-2011, 08:41 PM
I took one look at this game and thought I'd go ahead and play it. It's free but I'm the type that doesn't like to be limited so I was gonna buy a life sb. I've been trying to download this game all day with nothing but issues. So much so that i've given up on this. It looked like an amazing game, it probably is an amazing game. But I'm not gonna waste time and money on a game that i've spent 6 hours trouble shooting the download client.

Archived Post
02-27-2011, 09:39 PM
I had no trouble downloading the game from Cryptic's link on my laptop (even though it took about 4 hours... :( ) but I'm trying to get the game on my much faster computer also, and the same client is stuck at 0.00 kb/s...

So, being impatient, I went to Fileplanet and got what I thought was the right thing. I downloaded the Champions-Online Free For All Client and, after looking at what I downloaded, I only got two folders in the big CO folder: One named directx and one named piggs. No EXE or Install icon in sight.

How do I install the game with a directx folder and a piggs folder? Did I get the wrong thing? Should I just shut up and wait for Cryptic's incredibly slow download client to go? (I'm very inclined to just stop bothering and see if ithe game even works on my laptop...)

Thanks...

Archived Post
02-28-2011, 04:11 AM
I had no trouble downloading the game from Cryptic's link on my laptop (even though it took about 4 hours... :( ) but I'm trying to get the game on my much faster computer also, and the same client is stuck at 0.00 kb/s...

So, being impatient, I went to Fileplanet and got what I thought was the right thing. I downloaded the Champions-Online Free For All Client and, after looking at what I downloaded, I only got two folders in the big CO folder: One named directx and one named piggs. No EXE or Install icon in sight.

How do I install the game with a directx folder and a piggs folder? Did I get the wrong thing? Should I just shut up and wait for Cryptic's incredibly slow download client to go? (I'm very inclined to just stop bothering and see if ithe game even works on my laptop...)

Thanks...

I did the same thing as you. Downloaded from file planet.
One of the files you see should be zipped, therfore it need to be unzipped then set up. Afterwards it will update the launcher and do a patch. All of this took me 5 hours over all however that is a LOT better than having had waited 10 hours and only been at 45% at 0.00/kb/s YISH!!
The game seems to work perfectly fine with the FilePlanet download.

Archived Post
02-28-2011, 09:06 AM
www.piratebay.org

He's right. It took me 30 minutes to download the full game..

Archived Post
02-28-2011, 10:21 PM
I did the same thing as you. Downloaded from file planet.
One of the files you see should be zipped, therfore it need to be unzipped then set up. Afterwards it will update the launcher and do a patch. All of this took me 5 hours over all however that is a LOT better than having had waited 10 hours and only been at 45% at 0.00/kb/s YISH!!
The game seems to work perfectly fine with the FilePlanet download.

I got it figured out. It's installing now. :)

Thanks!

Archived Post
03-01-2011, 02:10 PM
In case you do not know (you probably do though) you have to download the download manager on Fileplanet and then download it there. If you already knew this, please ignore me.

Archived Post
03-02-2011, 12:23 PM
Am I the only one who finds this BS completely pathetic?!?!?

I don't care if it's free; the fact that so many people are having these issue speaks very poorly of this game and its owners.

I played pen and paper Champions over 20 years ago and was excited to relive a bit of those days.

Sucks that I won't. :mad:

Archived Post
03-02-2011, 03:37 PM
It might not be Cryptic itself to blame, rather than the distributing company (or whoever owns the servers in question.) However, I completely agree that something should be done about this. I went through the entire topic and there's at least a dozen people that have passed up on this game entirely because of this issue. Talk about shooting your own foot off. You're losing potential customers over this issue, so I sincerely hope that someone in a position to do something about it will read this topic over and realize that it's in their best interest to find a solution to this problem asap.

Archived Post
03-05-2011, 03:59 PM
can someone just show me where the newer download for the game is,i'm new to this game

Archived Post
03-09-2011, 09:51 AM
Really, one of the most atrocious downloads i have ever run across. I started downloading LAST NIGHT and woke up 9 hours later at 63%. I hope game companies realize how important an easy set up, installation and registration is to gamers. If a game is more work then is necessary, they usually go somewhere else instead of wasting that much time. I realize that this is one of the only super hero mmo and most likely everyone will put a little extra effort to play, but this is sadistic on cryptics end.
Barely any helpful response from and actual mod or admin on the forums, just a bunch of newbie downloaders helping each other out with a ridiculous client to play a game that seems to be very exciting to play.....though ive lowered my expectations greatly now since running into this problem, since i fear being disappointed again.
Not a good way for a new player to enter a game, or be tempted on spending money.

I should make a positive here and its to all the posters who contributed to helping the newbs in this thread. Your efforts have helped quite a few here, more so then the company itself, and I thank you. If it wasnt for you guys, cryptic would be short some more players, they should thank you as well. Good work guys, less then an hour to go now. :D

Archived Post
03-12-2011, 08:56 PM
It's still slow

Archived Post
03-12-2011, 09:07 PM
Yeah you said it!!

Archived Post
03-15-2011, 10:53 PM
Is there any way to speed up the full download client of the game from a mirror site?:confused:

Archived Post
03-21-2011, 06:27 PM
:eek: 13 hour for 3.3gb :(

Archived Post
03-21-2011, 09:19 PM
download keeps stopping at 58.85% and ive tried several times why is this happening?

Archived Post
03-24-2011, 02:04 PM
finally i could post but.........why i cant post on other categories please answer ...and i am sliver member

Archived Post
03-24-2011, 06:01 PM
finally i could post but.........why i cant post on other categories please answer ...and i am sliver member

because you are a silver.
the web site originally was set so only people who have active subscriptions could post on the forum (when the game was pay to play) and everyone could post in the pc tech issues (for those having problems creating an account)

Since the forum account are linked direcly to game accounts the fourm security setup is still tied to the subscription requirment.

not sure if it is posible or how much it would take to correct it and still provide a means to limit spam postings in the forum.

Archived Post
04-04-2011, 05:29 PM
because you are a silver.
the web site originally was set so only people who have active subscriptions could post on the forum (when the game was pay to play) and everyone could post in the pc tech issues (for those having problems creating an account)

Since the forum account are linked direcly to game accounts the fourm security setup is still tied to the subscription requirment.

not sure if it is posible or how much it would take to correct it and still provide a means to limit spam postings in the forum.

you make it sound like being a silver is a bad thing there Pegasus. what the crap is up with all the freakin patches? i've been waiting over 3 hours to play this game but i cant because i have to wait for 2912 MB of patches to download first.:mad::mad::mad:

Archived Post
04-06-2011, 09:00 AM

Ahhh thanks so much for that. xD I'm glad I didn't have to look so hard. I was about to give up haha! :D

Archived Post
05-08-2011, 01:28 PM
Dear Cryptic / Atari -

Your torrent / torrent program sucks.

Fix it or you lose potential gamers due to sheer impatience.

30k is simply NOT acceptable over a broadband connection.

I cannot believe anyone would wait for this.

- Mako

Archived Post
05-21-2011, 08:22 AM
I downloaded the 3gb file from fileplanet, but maybe am i too dumb but the zip file doesnt seem to work at all, windows keeps telling me it is not valid, but again maybe i'm not doing correctly since its a zip file.

Also, i got no problem downloading it with my real PC with the original download, but now that i am trying to dl on my laptop, this has become a nightmare.

But keep going guys, this game rocks and this is free :)

Archived Post
05-22-2011, 10:04 AM
I would rather download it full through a host than download it through the ChampionsF2P.exe! The download through the program goes slow, gets disconnected from some random reason, and it's annoying. Through Fileplanet or any such host is better than through the program.

--------

I just downloaded it through Fileplanet, and its file was corrupted or damaged. Screw this crap, I lost like almost my whole hours on downloading a game which as a result of, instead, fun, was simply a huge pain in my head. Work in at least a fix toward the download, not even the .exe program to download it is good enough for us. It always fails, giving you 0.00% KB for it. Screw it. I'll have to download it from somewhere else, now.

Archived Post
05-25-2011, 12:35 PM
Getting 0.01kb/sec from the downloader.

Why yes, I am redownloading the game. Thought it would help my other problems I was having.

Archived Post
05-25-2011, 12:43 PM
A simple google search yielded alternative download mirrors:

http://www.joystiq.com/game/champions-online/download/champions-online-free-to-play-client/

This is the one i used originally. 2.9 GB full F2P client, it'll be downloaded in about an hour or two.

Archived Post
05-30-2011, 12:53 AM
http://www.gamefront.com/files/14820017/Champions_Online_Client_Downloader
use that. already at 19% and its running for 8 mins, pretty good for Champions Online.

Archived Post
06-16-2011, 08:40 AM
wow i freakin cant believe it.

i downloaded almost 3GB of game client.

launcher now tells me I need to download another 1GB, with the SAME CRAPPY SPEED AGAIN?!

COME THE XXXX ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived Post
06-16-2011, 08:42 AM
People, look elsewhere.

This piece of work here aint worth your time and bandwidth, even if it's free.

Archived Post
06-29-2011, 09:40 PM
came back and started playing this game as gold member.... your **** download just cost you a subscription. . .

Archived Post
07-16-2011, 12:50 PM
You sorta realize after the first thread that the f2p downloader ain't rockin'. Thanks for the links.

Archived Post
09-11-2011, 01:53 PM
Yeah - I'm another disgruntled customer - or non-customer I should say.

I've been on the F2p downloader now for the past 2 days. I'm in the UK and noticed that I get about 250kb/s in the morning and then it rapidly deteriorates to 0.00 - 3kb/s when the US is in full swing.

Still on 59%!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm also downloading the fileplanet.com .exe file and getting about 240 kb/s - which will take another 4 hours!

I'll keep both running just in case the fileplanet one gets corrupt of something.

This is my first experience of the game and I have to agree with the others here - **** poor impression.

I tried EVE online the other night and it downloaded in a fraction of the time.

Rhyfelwr

Archived Post
09-21-2011, 04:06 PM
http://download.mmosite.com/default.php?controller=resource&action=freedown&id=3619&cid=1 try this one, ive gotten the fastest speed here

Archived Post
10-05-2011, 05:45 PM
:mad: i need help goes to 0.00 kb/s

Archived Post
11-01-2011, 10:43 AM
THANK YOU<3<3<3

Archived Post
11-02-2011, 03:17 PM
WTF!! i have download for over 15Hour now and it just 40%... Most mmo that i download and play usually just take 3 or 4 Hour to download...

Q1: Why is it so slow to download?
Q2: 0.20 kb/s :eek: WTF!! OMG!! How can i speed this up?

Archived Post
11-06-2011, 01:34 PM
Why is it that when I press start that the bar shows a sliver and won't even move. even after 15 minutes? I posted already in Technical issues but seems like no one cares about me :(

Archived Post
12-16-2011, 10:09 AM
what i lunch the game it takes 20 min to connect and an hour to patch 1%

Archived Post
12-16-2011, 10:15 AM
if this doesnt work,ill just play DC universe i heard its better and faster to download

Archived Post
12-24-2011, 07:32 AM
the client download uses a very simple bit torrent to download the client. speed will be based on number of seeds and whether your isp filter torrent traffic. I believe you can use a more robust torrent program to download the client.
now the patcher (not the client downloader instaler) from the launcer patches the game using port 7255 so if that port is filtered or block it will affect the patching speed.
is this true?

if it is true why the hell the downloader don't display a clearly visible message about port forwarding this port to speed up the process? this is not user friendly at all

i've started the donwloader today, at 10:30 am (UTC +1), and as now i am only at 83.4% ... this is not a good impression

also, I've downloaded the game from steam yesterday, and today I need an update of 1.3GB? Why I need to do this? Can't you release an up to date client on steam?

also, your game is supposed to be tied to one of the steam achievements for this holiday event, if this is true and if the package dowloaded from steam isn't up to date at that time what you think will be the reaction of the steam users when they'll come to play your game and find out that they need a 6-700MB update from your really slow downloader other than the steam download to play the game?

Archived Post
01-01-2012, 06:03 PM
I downloaded the F2P Client and starts downloading at 120kb/s, after a while i goes down to 0.00kb/s, what's happenin?? i open the file again and starts downloading at 120kb/s and again (after a while) it goes down to 0.00kb/s...what can I do???

Archived Post
05-21-2012, 02:40 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies (http://forums.champions-online.com/announcement.php?f=192&a=9) ~Stormshade

Archived Post
06-26-2012, 10:11 PM
Im not sure whats going on, but all of my cryptic games are having trouble for the first time. is something wrtong with the servers? is anyone else having this problem?

magicqwan
11-30-2012, 11:30 AM
I can never get past the character selection screen. The game will start to load, then about halfway through, the game crashes.

pooppower123
12-01-2012, 03:43 PM
Hello! i downloaded the game from the torrent..everything was smooth..but..my problem is..the Patch..i installed the game yesterday and then it started patching...and since yesterday..its only at 5%...any chance i can manually download the files?

killerjo2121
01-02-2013, 03:44 AM
THE SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEMS IS WAIT FOR PW/ATARI TO RELEASE A ****ING MANUAL PATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEEN WAITING HERE DOWNLOADING A 222MB FILE AND I LEAVE IT FOR 2 or 5 HOURS THEN IT DOWNLOADED ONLY 10MB!!! 4.5%!

Edit : That way you can use your original download speed or your download accelerator to download the manual patch TALA~!!

u2020bullet
06-08-2013, 06:42 AM
I have the same problem, it has been over 30 minutes and i only have 64mb of 5293. It's downloading extremely slowly and at this pace it won't be done anytime soon. I used the link from the OP in this thread since the download i got at registration was extremely slow at updating (over an hour for 12mb). Is there anything i can do to speed this along? I can usually download at 1.2mb/s.

buckius
06-08-2013, 08:52 AM
so I got a new computer a while ago I haven't been on CO in a long time and thought I'd re-install it I noticed 2 things. First that the client patches as it downloads and it seems like it does it for every file instead of downloading a batch and then patching like every other client I've ever seen, but I did notice it picks up right were it left off if you cancel it. The second is that when one client is open the others don't work so you cant patch STO and Co and Neverwinter at the same time just one at a time. So if all 3 games come from the same patch server I wonder how that's effecting it as well. I had 5000mb+ to download and install it's doing it at 9-10 kbs. last nigh I had it running while I went to sleep woke up to find the client CTD'd while patching probably during server maintance. so I got 1857 mb to go its been 45 min and only for 112 mb so its gonna take around 8 hours :eek:.

buckius
06-08-2013, 09:05 AM
so I found a thread were another user suggested disabling on demand patching from the client options so I did, the size changed from 1800mb to 4000mb the speed seems faster however because of the increase in size the the time will take the same :frown: