PDA

View Full Version : Question about super stats and Power armor

Archived Post
01-17-2011, 01:41 PM
Okay in the wiki on superstat it says:

Each character may choose 2 Super Stats, the first at level 5, and the second at level 13. These two stats will be granted an immediate bonus that increases at every level (at level 40 you will have a total of +80 to each super stat). These two stats also provide a bonus to damage for ALL powers. There are no specific stats that increase a specific type of damage (with the exception of Strength which minorly increase melee damage). This bonus is based solely on the numerical value of the Super Stat, and every Super Stat will grant an equal bonus given the same value. This damage bonus suffers from diminishing returns after 30% (approximately 200 to the stat at level 40).

So my question is, is there any reason I couldn't build a power armor with CON and END for superstats and gear for recovery? I mean yes I know I can do it, but am I losing anything by doing so?

Archived Post
01-17-2011, 03:19 PM
You're losing some recovery?

Archived Post
01-17-2011, 03:29 PM
Not really losing anything if your refering to that rather than the suggested innate stats at the character create screen.

Archived Post
01-17-2011, 04:05 PM
super-stats mostly mater for what your passive scales with, but that won't even be a problem in 8 days. With the F2P update, most passives won't have any specific stat scaling at all, but rather just scale with whatever your SS's are.

Archived Post
01-17-2011, 04:25 PM
Okay in the wiki on superstat it says:

Each character may choose 2 Super Stats, the first at level 5, and the second at level 13. These two stats will be granted an immediate bonus that increases at every level (at level 40 you will have a total of +80 to each super stat). These two stats also provide a bonus to damage for ALL powers. There are no specific stats that increase a specific type of damage (with the exception of Strength which minorly increase melee damage). This bonus is based solely on the numerical value of the Super Stat, and every Super Stat will grant an equal bonus given the same value. This damage bonus suffers from diminishing returns after 30% (approximately 200 to the stat at level 40).

So my question is, is there any reason I couldn't build a power armor with CON and END for superstats and gear for recovery? I mean yes I know I can do it, but am I losing anything by doing so?

The only thing I would tell you is that the bonus to damage is a percentage calculated based upon some "expected range" for your superstats to be in, which is in turn based upon your level. So, for instance, a level 40 character may be "expected" to have their superstats each at 225 in order to reach that 30% bonus to damage. If you actively slot for stats other than your superstats, you may only get 15-20% bonus to damage per superstats, and thus your total damage output will be lower. A similar system holds true for other bonuses the stats grant, (like crit chance for dex, healing bonus for pre, etc).

Archived Post
01-17-2011, 04:26 PM
awesome, thanks. I actually mispoke in my initial post....I like End/Rec with geared Con. I will likely do all my builds that way now.

Archived Post
01-19-2011, 05:41 PM
so a lot of the guides are now just outdated...for example for celestial it says damage will scale with PRE...but that isn't true anymore, it will scale with whatever I choose for superstats....so End/Rec for superstats with geared con will work just fine for pretty much any build now

Archived Post
01-20-2011, 01:09 AM
so a lot of the guides are now just outdated...for example for celestial it says damage will scale with PRE...but that isn't true anymore, it will scale with whatever I choose for superstats....so End/Rec for superstats with geared con will work just fine for pretty much any build now

Not really. I mean, they can work, but plenty of things still favor other stats, so you'd have to finagle to get things to go well. An end/rec muni build would be hilarious.

Archived Post
01-20-2011, 01:12 AM
super-stats mostly mater for what your passive scales with, but that won't even be a problem in 8 days. With the F2P update, most passives won't have any specific stat scaling at all, but rather just scale with whatever your SS's are.

I am assuming by passive you mean the slotted powers aswell. I don't suppose you have any concrete link on this, as i am curious to read more about it.

Archived Post
01-20-2011, 01:28 AM
http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=118836

Archived Post
01-20-2011, 04:07 AM
okay yeah I could see that I suppose, munitions really goes for crits...although even that wouldn't be necessary. A build of end/rec/con would give more energy and more hp to last for a longer fight if he wasn't doing crits...the extra energy and faster recharge would allow for some of the bigger maintains to be used more often.

but I guess I was really thinking of the elemental and sorcery builds. celestial for example, the guides say you should stat Pre for damage, but that's not the case really is it....if you stat End/Con/Rec your damage will scale the same as it would for Pre.

The 4 energy sets and 7 of the Mystic sets could all easily stat End/Con/Rec..superstatting 2 and gearing the 3rd...and have no problems at all.

Gadgeteering and Power Armor could probably do it as well.

Telepathy the same.

Only those like Munitions which relies on crits, or Martial Arts where Str of the weapons actually adds to damage couldn't really do it well...although they still could do it and probably be just fine.

Archived Post
01-20-2011, 11:33 AM
Gadgeteering relies on a lot of cooldowns, and int is a great help to it. Force relies on knockbacks so str is a great help. Celestial and telepathy both use heals, so if you're using the heals, you need pre. Might still has a number of things that scale with str and con (ie enrage and defiance, as well as melee abilities and knockbacks). Oh, and munitions doesn't need to worry about energy when they go crits and get killer instinct (http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Killer_Instinct). Archery has int and ego that are both very important in some new beta changes I can't disclose. Fire still likes a lot of pre for its energy unlock. Id blade damage scales with ego, making dex/ego a better choice for the default ego blades build, especially since it's not an energy-intensive set. Martial arts all use focus/rush, which scale off dex and str and give damage and energy. Ice gets bonuses for crits (mostly cold snap, but a few other little ones). Some of sorcery involves healing, so pre isn't bad there. End is a waste on a bestial supernatural build taking SN power and rec, when str can give a damage bonus and other stats might even be better.

So yeah, end/rec with some con works well for all the sets. Except Gadgeteering, archery, munitions, force, might, fire, telepathy, telekinesis, the martial arts sets, ice, sorcery, bestial supernatural, and celestial. That leaves... umm... Electricity, Power Armor, darkness, and infernal SN as the sets where end/rec is a clearly good option.

Archived Post
01-20-2011, 01:44 PM
lol....okay I get it