PDA

View Full Version : My idea for a new adventure pack: Lost City of Edom

Archived Post
01-11-2011, 01:34 AM
Let's say that this adventure pack follows up from Nemcon and Demonflame. It starts out as your hero/heroine gets a message from Sapphire informing you that she had recieved a letter from a new record store called Edomite Records and wants you to check it out. On your way to the new record store, you'll be attacked by a group of elder worms.

After the elder worms have been dealt with, your hero arrives at Edomite Records and is greeted by an shady character named D.J. Edom who acts like he's hiding something. There are unearthly sounds coming from the basement. As you go to investigate it, you are stopped by an invisible wall. D.J. Edom acts irratic and demands you to leave.

As you leave, Sapphire informs you that the records made by Edomite Records are turning citizens of Millennium City into elder worms when played. Witchcraft tells you that she has a charm that could change the people who are elder worms back to humans.

After all the people are restored, Witchcraft tells you to confront D.J. Edom and put a stop to his plans. As you return to Edomite Records, more elder worms attack, after they are dealt with, confront D.J. Edom. During the fight he reveals that he is actually an elder worm. After his defeat, you find a note mentioning of Shadow Destroyer is searching for the Lost Ciyt of Edom, an ancient city-sized fortress once used by the Kings of Edom before their imprisonment.

The League of Destruction have already found the area underground where the city is hidden which is under the water and plan to raise it up to use against any heroes that dare to stand in their way. You return to Witchcraft and inform her of what transfired about D.J. Edom and the Lost City of Edom. She has you to go and stop the League of Destruction before they raise the evil city from the depths after finding the location of the hidden city. She then tells you to find friends to aid you in this mission.

As you go in the undergound area you are attacked by elder worms, karkaradons, and nemesis minions in droves. There will be a cutscene where you are too late to stop the League from raising the city as everyone in Millennium City watch the monsterous city coming up from the water and hovering in the air. another cutscene follows as the league of destruction communicate with the 5 Kings of Edom who are hidden in shadows and a cutscene showing Luther Black being tormented.

Your team will be separated in the beginning of this mission and and have to unite. Each nemesis will control a sector of the city and holds one of the 5 keys needed to get to the main part of the city where Shadow Destroyer awaits.

The city will have statues of the Kings of Edom and an eerie atmosphere.

Archived Post
01-11-2011, 05:05 PM
The "Enter" key is your friend.

My eyes keep crossing whenever I look at this hot mess, much less try to read it. If you want people to read your suggestions, use proper formatting and separate them into separate paragraphs.

Archived Post
01-11-2011, 06:28 PM
I wouldn't want to be your English teacher...

Archived Post
01-11-2011, 07:09 PM
The "Enter" key is your friend.

My eyes keep crossing whenever I look at this hot mess, much less try to read it. If you want people to read your suggestions, use proper formatting and separate them into separate paragraphs.

Thanks for the correction. Now you can see what I did with it. The paragraphs are separate and should be easier for you to read now.

Archived Post
01-12-2011, 08:20 AM
I wouldn't want to be your English teacher...

Maybe you'll sing a different tune when you see the correction I made.

Archived Post
01-13-2011, 12:19 PM
It's a decent idea for later, but the problems are this:

1. It's more mystical content, essentially. We don't want that right now.

2. The end part of it sounds exactly like NemCon. Team separated, defeat 5 Nemeses to get 5 keys, fight Shadow Destroyer.

What I do like is the connection to past Adventure Packs. It would be cool if one eventually does something similar.

Archived Post
01-14-2011, 09:49 AM
I'd be cool without the mystic angle again. Ya have some good ideas, but rather than "Eerie" (again) lets go with something more in Space. Maybe the worm people are inside the Moon. Maybe Dr D is up to no good on the moon or in a space station or BOTH. Maybe Ralph really did hit Alice to the Moon and she became a Super Villain.

just saying. Something different.

Archived Post
01-15-2011, 12:51 PM
It's a decent idea for later, but the problems are this:

1. It's more mystical content, essentially. We don't want that right now.

It's not going to be entirely "mystical' since each section will be controlled by a nemesis. If the nemesis has a munition class, all the drops in that area will be arms based and so on.

2. The end part of it sounds exactly like NemCon. Team separated, defeat 5 Nemeses to get 5 keys, fight Shadow Destroyer.

But unlike nemcon, TLCoE will have a great deal of traps and nemesis minions running around in the section controlled by the nemesis as well as Elder Worms. And unlike nemcon, your team will have to collect 5 keys dropped by nemsis characters and have to fight doppelgangers after the 5th nemesis on the way to the final door leading to Destroyer himself (which would need 5 keys to open). think of it as nemcon on steroids and much bigger.

What I do like is the connection to past Adventure Packs. It would be cool if one eventually does something similar.

I agree with that.