PDA

View Full Version : Gadgeteering T3 Power Idea:

Archived Post
12-04-2010, 04:47 AM
Hey Folks,

i recieved a week ago a Silver Beta Account to try out the new content comming up, sinds i was Silver Player I wasn't able to test much from the beta but after I informed myself, I concluded that Gadgeteering and Darkness could have used a big hitter power. So there is one of my sugestion for a T3 power in the Gadgeteering Framework.

Gadgeteering:

Experimental Particle Canon:
- Activation Time 0,88sec / Charge Time 2,62sec.
- Deal 640 - 1920 Particle damage depending on the charge.
- Energy Cost 45 - 115 Energy depending on the charge.
- Range 100 feet.

Description:
With advanced engineering you found a way to upgrade your Experimental Blaster. This prototype gun is way more powerfull than the previous version but also larger and heavier, making the wielder unable to move while using it. Beside some mobility issues, unpredictable effects may occure on targets affected by the particle radiations emited by this weapon.

Advantages:
- Rank 2: Deal 760 - 2280 Particle damage depending on the charge.
- Rank 3: Deal 910 - 2730 Particle damage depending on the charge.
- Polarity Meltdown: Taping Experimental Particle Cannon has 50% chance to charge up your ennemy with Partical Electrons when charged less than 1sec. This effect can be stacked 3 times. When an ennemy dies, is affected by a fully charged hit by the same ability or when the effect wears off, Particle Electrons charges breakdown and release a controled Fission dealing 220 - 330 Particle damage per charge to the target and to ennemies, up to 4, in a 15 feet radius around that target. Last 10sec.
- Accelerated Metabolism.

Special:
- 10% Knock Up 1 feet when charged up to 90%.
- 10% Increasing Health Resistance by 100% for 10sec when charged up to 90%.
- 1% cause the Partical Canon to overcharge blowing you appart in a Powerfull explosion dealing 2200 - 4400 Particle damage and Knocking Back up to 10 ennemies in a 30 feet radius 120 feet away, while you suffer 1800 - 3600 Particle damage and are knocked down on the floor for 3sec. When this happens, your skill need 2 min to recharge.

Model:
Tractor Beam:
http://img683.imageshack.us/i/screenshot2010120414515.jpg/
http://img683.imageshack.us/i/screenshot2010120414520.jpg/

Shouldn't it be nice to have such a power? ;)

Archived Post
12-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Not bad, not bad...

Archived Post
12-04-2010, 08:20 PM
are you kidding? 3k base damage at 40 with added effects and chainable aoe damage, and no downsides? For a class whose powerset is pet heavy and can buff non-indirect attacks? Oribital cannon is the current big hitter and is fine: giving gadgeteer a large spike attack is too much.

Archived Post
12-05-2010, 01:42 AM
are you kidding? 3k base damage at 40 with added effects and chainable aoe damage, and no downsides? For a class whose powerset is pet heavy and can buff non-indirect attacks? Oribital cannon is the current big hitter and is fine: giving gadgeteer a large spike attack is too much.

Ok, ok, maybe I exagerated a bit on the damage dealed by this power, but saying gadgeteering is fine because it has Orbital Cannon is complettely Bull****.
Orbital Cannon is a very long charged attack on a 30sec cooldown, you can't use it as main DPS if you don't have any other big hitting powers supporting hit. That kind of skill i'm sugesting would put Gadgeteering on the same lvl with other frameworks.

Sinds all sets are going to get the possibility to run in avenger mode with a Offensive passive adapted to the current sets, when beta is released, Gadgeteering will realy need a big hitter, like shadow does to, if he wants to stay competitive with the other frameworks.

Gadgeteering is not only about Robots and Toys, it's also device and I don't see why a mad scientist couldn't have a frecking huge blaster cannon to deal with some common threaths.

PS: And by the way, the power has disadvantages, it immobilise you and has a chance to blow you down and put the skill on a 2min CD.

Archived Post
12-05-2010, 05:17 PM
I would take your idea a bit further:

1. Make it an arm cannon a la Mega Man. Give it an advantage to have it do a random damage type as a slight bit of bonus damage, in addition to the regular particle damage.

2. I was a big fan of Gradius & Lifeforce back on the NES - how cool could it be to have an "option" that floats around you. It could use a similar graphic to ball lightning, except the power would be a toggle that increases the cost of your other powers, and shoots a little particle bolt at anything that got too close.

3. I love it when, in the Capcom Marvel fighting games, Iron man sorta teleports in this humongous Proton Cannon and launches a beam of death towards his opponent - we need that!

4. We have a chainsaw gauntlet... i think we need a Bioshock-style Big Daddy drill gauntlet!

5. I think it would be cool if gadgeteering had a power where you threw down a metal ring thing that projected an energy barrier. It could shock any enemies that tried to pass through it, and perhaps provide some sort of buff to allies within range.

6. I would love to see a power where a "War of the Worlds" style flying suaver neck/raygun thingy pops out of your back and shoots. It could be a toggle like the "option" power above and attack nearby enemies on its own.