PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions on Aura of Radiant Protection and Field Drones

Archived Post
10-30-2010, 09:27 PM
Hello, my first question is on the field drone and ranks for it. If I'm going to take them, which rank should I invest in? Is there a big difference between ranks 2 & 3, or is the difference negligible?

My second question is on Aura of Radiant Protection. I can not seem to locate a definitive answer. Does it scale with any stats? Also, I have seemed to lost myself amongst some of the reading and talking with people, Does AoRP do more than is listed in its description? If so, can some explain it to me please?

Thanks for any help.

Archived Post
10-30-2010, 11:28 PM
For Drones, read the description of the power. All pet powers now state exactly how the pet improves with each rank. If you wanna be lazy (:p), I'll tell you. The heals are phenomenally better at higher ranks. The amounts healed for don't improve THAT much, but the WAY they heal improves a lot, plus they seem to also heal quicker with each rank. Rank 2 makes it a cone in the direction of the primary target like Arcane Vitality, and Rank 3 makes it an AOE around the primary target, which uses the unadvantaged Ego Storm effects. If you can afford the points to rank them, you should because they are quite nice.

AORP scales on Presence, and I'm not aware of any undocumented effects on it besides that it doesn't tell you in the description that it scales. :rolleyes:

Archived Post
10-31-2010, 02:02 AM
The only thing I'll note w/ the aura is that it provides a little more pro0tection for you than it does for your allies, something like 7% more for you than your teammates & pets.

Archived Post
10-31-2010, 03:28 AM
The Aura scales with presence and is pretty useful, but not overly strong for soloplay...

Archived Post
10-31-2010, 08:00 AM
Thanks a lot for the info, and helping me get things straight.