PDA

View Full Version : lifetime/gold account availability and the ability to donate time

Archived Post
10-26-2010, 05:41 AM
Since you can pay for a gold account, but it turns off when you stop playing, will we see a reopening of the Lifetime sub option? Also if Player A wanted to give time to his/her buddy player B would that be possible in this new system?

Archived Post
10-26-2010, 06:14 AM
Hi Nexus,

Good questions! At this time I haven't seen any concrete plans to allow players to Gift memberships to one another, but I agree that it would be a cool option.

I also have not seen any plans to re-open the opportunity to purchase Lifetime Subscriptions. I know a lot of people who want them though. :)

Archived Post
10-26-2010, 06:18 AM
Hi Nexus,

Good questions! At this time I haven't seen any concrete plans to allow players to Gift memberships to one another, but I agree that it would be a cool option.

I also have not seen any plans to re-open the opportunity to purchase Lifetime Subscriptions. I know a lot of people who want them though. :)

Awww. :(.. I was gonna get my buddy an LT or something.

Oh an I am not trying to spam , I just felt that each question should be in it's own thread. Sorry if I did something wrong. :o

Archived Post
10-26-2010, 06:27 AM
I would actually consider plinking down for a lifetime, even at this stage in the game. There aren't tons of benefits to it, aside from it being "cheaper in the long run" than a fifteen dollar recurring. I'm gonna miss the ten dollar per 3mo sub.

Archived Post
10-26-2010, 06:51 AM
I would actually consider plinking down for a lifetime, even at this stage in the game. There aren't tons of benefits to it, aside from it being "cheaper in the long run" than a fifteen dollar recurring. I'm gonna miss the ten dollar per 3mo sub.

Yeah. Lotta people want lifetimes. I'm just glad I got one when I did. You'd make quite a bit of cash up front again ifyou re-opened them, Cryptic. STO has 'em still, how come we don't?

Archived Post
10-26-2010, 06:58 AM
Yeah. Lotta people want lifetimes. I'm just glad I got one when I did. You'd make quite a bit of cash up front again ifyou re-opened them, Cryptic. STO has 'em still, how come we don't?

Makes even more sense if you go FTP in my mind. You then have three options.

1) 250 dollars up front and you get access to the game in tirety, vet rewards, never have to pay, and (this is a wish item) a c-point stipend of 100-200 points.

2) Pay per/bi/tri month(ly), gold account access with all content but no c-point stipend

3) play for free but with restrictions that have been laid out with both above options open.

That is money hand over fist if done correctly.

Archived Post
10-26-2010, 07:14 AM
Wait, what?

The 3 for $30 is going away? I don't like that.

Archived Post
10-26-2010, 07:23 AM
Oh I'm sorry, I already suggested to re-open the LT sub in the Suggestions Box, I hadn't seen it here :o but yea I want LT subs too! and the gifting seems like a great idea! I have a lot of friends I'd like to see in this game!

Archived Post
10-26-2010, 08:37 AM
Wait, what?

The 3 for $30 is going away? I don't like that.

Are you commenting on mine? I was trying to encompass all of the normal sub methods in number 2.