PDA

View Full Version : new nemesis stuff canned?

Archived Post
10-15-2010, 04:56 PM
after reading the interview with massively, about the dr destroyer adventure pack? are we not getting any new nemesis content now? like is that now scrapped?

i speak for probably 3/4 of the people that play this game, we would like ALOT more nemesis content, even in an adventure pack or something, because it has a TON of potential for the game, and i think YOU cryptic know this already

Archived Post
10-15-2010, 04:58 PM
Not mentioning it doesn't mean that they've scrapped it.

Archived Post
10-15-2010, 05:03 PM
We have heard plans about both more Nemesis stuff and a Nemesis Adventure Pack, just gotta be patient.

http://www.champions-online.com/node/594997

http://champions.jeuxonline.info/article/8831/interview-with-shannon-posniewski-september-2010

Both are rather old, but they all show willingness to work on the Nemesis System and we were given a Sneak Peek of new Nemesis Minions during the Summer Update State of the Game.

EDIT : Heck, look up the minions for yourself.

http://www.champions-online.com/node/595035

Archived Post
10-15-2010, 05:06 PM

Indeed !, the last lot of nemesis minion customisation came outta nowhere, they didn't mention that either!.

i speak for probably 3/4 of the people that play this game...
:o

Archived Post
10-15-2010, 05:35 PM
i speak for probably 3/4 of the people that play this game,

Come on, that's ridiculous and made up.

The last few characters that I leveled past 25 haven't even bothered to make a nemesis, it doesn't feel to me like an awesome system that needs to be expanded, more like a system that would need a lot, lot of work to get good. :eek:

Well if they come up with something, it will be a pleasant surprise, but I will set my expectations to"nothing", and I am totally happy with that. :)

Archived Post
10-15-2010, 05:38 PM
it doesn't feel to me like an awesome system that should be expanded. :eek:

Nevertheless the system does have good story telling potential especially if the secret ID system is tied into it. ;)

Archived Post
10-15-2010, 05:40 PM
after reading the interview with massively, about the dr destroyer adventure pack? are we not getting any new nemesis content now? like is that now scrapped?

i speak for probably 3/4 of the people that play this game, we would like ALOT more nemesis content, even in an adventure pack or something, because it has a TON of potential for the game, and i think YOU cryptic know this already

I think the nemesis AP was to come after the Dr. D AP so I would expect any kind of info on it till after demon flame go's live at the very earliest.

Archived Post
10-15-2010, 06:47 PM

Just because it wasn't mentioned don't mean it got scrapped. Calm down!

Archived Post
10-15-2010, 07:14 PM
My guess is that they currently are planning something for the Nemesis system, but can't discuss the details because there's nothing solid yet.

Archived Post
10-15-2010, 07:30 PM
It's not close enought to use as a conversation point to try and promote the game out in public - so scrapped or not, I'd put it out of my mind for then next 6-8 months and see if you hear anything new by then. The production schedule is gonna be pretty saturated at least that long with the items they did talk about.

Archived Post
10-15-2010, 07:34 PM
They pretty much decided around when poz took the reigns to have 3 Adventure Packs as the content, then see where they're at. So they're starting to really build the third one as Demonflame is basically wrapped, and as that one starts wrapping up, we'll hear what's next. My guess is nemesis content in some fashion.

Archived Post
10-16-2010, 07:20 AM
Nemesis gets neglected because many players dont even get characters high enough to really play the system. Its a shame really because its one of the coolest parts of the game. I mean you get to make your own Villain and play through some of the best missions in the game, its one of if not the most untapped resources that CO has. I would make some changes too it though . .

1. Lower the level requirement to start it, drop it to around level 15.

2. Get rid of the static starting story arch. Not only is it just a bad and half baked storyline but the fact its the same every time puts many players of bothering with it on their alts.

3. New Break Out missions, there doesnt need to be massive variance here but a little would be nice.

4. Combine Unity and Nemesis tokens into the same type of token.

Archived Post
10-16-2010, 07:36 AM
I would hope they expand on it a bit. I like the idea of having a Nemesis, I like making the Nemesis, I like writing a background for the Nemesis. I like the surprise ambushes. What I'm not fond of is, no matter what I write as a background, all actions, mannorisms, and NPC conversations are dictated by the choice of 3 types of villian, thereby becoming rather generic. I'd like it if they added one more selection to the mix...background. Choices could be:

Disgruntled/jealous coworker/rival
sibling rivalry
alien bounty hunter after you
evil clone
etc

Also, they really need to let us customize the minions, not just in looks but be able to select different powersets for each minion type.

Just my 2 cents as to hoping they add to the Nemesis System.

Archived Post
10-16-2010, 10:35 AM
I would love to have two entire patches dedicated to the Nemesis system. The first patch would be on the scale of the Pet Pass, a total overhaul of the system. Lower the level requirement, add new missions, create branching paths based on personality, allow us to customize the minions, etc. Then, the next patch would be a Nemesis Adventure Pack.

If this were to happen, I think a lot of people would be very pleased.

Archived Post
10-18-2010, 05:10 PM
I would love to have two entire patches dedicated to the Nemesis system. The first patch would be on the scale of the Pet Pass, a total overhaul of the system. Lower the level requirement, add new missions, create branching paths based on personality, allow us to customize the minions, etc. Then, the next patch would be a Nemesis Adventure Pack.

lol and shocked. pleased, but shocked.

Archived Post
10-18-2010, 06:34 PM

A couple of things......I don't think the branching paths should be based on personality. If we are overhauling the system, then that should be based on something totally different. Some of you who frequent the Suggestion forum knows what I'm about to type.

Nemesis MO.....(Modus Operendi). The MO slider would be totally new. This would tell the system what kind of villain your nemesis is. It would dictate if your villain is an Assasin or Villain for hire, or a megalomaniac bent on holding the world hostage. Maybe your nemesis is a mindless rampaging juggernaut (not the marvel comics one....One that I totally made up), running around the open world destroying buildings.

I also don't think that lowering the level req is the right thing to do. They should add more mid range content to make the leveling path from 15 to 25 more engaging. For me, knowing that the nemesis system is looming around the corner is what keeps me motivated to get my characters to 25. Lower the req's and I'll just have a bunch of 15's running around.

Archived Post
10-18-2010, 07:16 PM
For me, knowing that the nemesis system is looming around the corner is what keeps me motivated to get my characters to 25. Lower the req's and I'll just have a bunch of 15's running around.
Thats not exactly a compelling argument, it hardly even makes any sense.

Archived Post
10-18-2010, 10:31 PM
Thats not exactly a compelling argument, it hardly even makes any sense.

What's that Lassie? You callin me a pansie? Why I outta........

Why doesn't it make sense? It makes perfect sense to me. Is it because you are afraid of having high level characters?

Archived Post
10-19-2010, 12:50 AM
I would hope they expand on it a bit. I like the idea of having a Nemesis, I like making the Nemesis, I like writing a background for the Nemesis. I like the surprise ambushes. What I'm not fond of is, no matter what I write as a background, all actions, mannorisms, and NPC conversations are dictated by the choice of 3 types of villian, thereby becoming rather generic. I'd like it if they added one more selection to the mix...background. Choices could be:

Disgruntled/jealous coworker/rival
sibling rivalry
alien bounty hunter after you
evil clone
etc

Also, they really need to let us customize the minions, not just in looks but be able to select different powersets for each minion type.

Totally agree with the above poster on all counts. Love the system, it just needs more options and customisability.

Archived Post
10-19-2010, 03:59 AM
It makes perfect sense to me.
Yes, I can see why it does . . . .

Archived Post
10-19-2010, 08:02 PM
Anyone ELSE having problems understanding my post in this thread? It seems that I may have to break it down for some people....