PDA

View Full Version : pure electric power

Archived Post
10-07-2010, 06:12 AM
This is my present Build, my Tactics and my Stats. If you have any tips or suggestions you want to tell me please let me know. It's not perfect and thats the reason why i post it here and want to show you to make it as close to perfection as possible ;)

I too have to say that this is a pure pve build as it just misses pvp relatet powers (holds etc.)

Build by championBuilder 0.4.1 (http://champions.zarzu.ch)

Download this Build here. (http://champions.zarzu.ch/download.php?download=4132g501007015020501515zz047 0152106034025064170i501070i522070h9010706302070824 108012232060m0325zz0350l5675y1095y2075y2065y20o5y2 0p5y20z5y21225y0075y0065anonh0000000000000000)

Level 40 Champion

Superstats:
Level 5: Super Endurance
Level 13: Super Recovery

Powers:
Level 1: Electric Bolt
Level 1: Electric Sheath -- Matter - Energy Union, Rank 2
Level 5: Ionic Reverberation
Level 5: Teleport
Level 8: Electric Form -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 11: Force Shield -- Force Sheath
Level 14: Bionic Shielding
Level 17: Regeneration -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 20: Resurgence -- Evanescent Emergence, Rank 2
Level 23: Circle Of Radiant Summoning -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 26: Orbital Cannon -- Anvil of Dawn, Rank 2
Level 29: Chest Beam -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 32: Gigabolt -- Death Arc, Accelerated Metabolism, Rank 2
Level 35: Palliate -- Absolve
Level 35: Acrobatics
Level 38: Rebirth

Talents:
Level 1: Electric Potential -- + 12 End, + 12 Rec, rest +5
Level 6: Energetic -- +8 End
Level 9: Tireless -- +8 Rec
Level 12: Quick Recovery -- +5 Con, +5 Rec
Level 15: Boundless Reserves -- +5 Con, +5 Rec
Level 18: Amazing Stamina -- +5 End, +5 Rec
Level 21: Paramilitary Training -- +3 Con, +3 Rec, +3 Str, +3 End

Strategys:

Everything that will die very fast:

Electric Form, Spam Tap Gigabolt until it tells me no target.

Charge Orbital Cannon -> switch to next group

Everything that will die fast:

Electric Form, Charge Orbital Cannon, Charge Gigabolt, Spam Tap Gigabolt if really something survived

Groups of countless Enemys or groups with harder Enemys:
(I often just use the tactics from above if i can collect the healthpacks they drop fast enough, e.g. sl outside at the reactorpart)

Preperation: Defensive Mode, Regeneration, Circle of Radiant Summoning, going to toilet

Tactic: Start with Orbital + charged Chest Beam at a tough guy, spamming Gigabolt as hell while trying to stay in the circle - when neccessary using Bionic Shielding, Resurgence, Palliate and Force Shield when i see a Charge or things really go bad.

Super Villians:Same as at countless Enemys expect spaming Charged Chest Beams instead of Gigabolt when there are no Minions (any more)

Stats:

End > Rec > Con > Offensive

End: I just try to get as much as possible of this o_o
Rec: Always a bit under End but too pushed up as good as possible, also because of the rise of survivability with Regeneration
Con: When i just dont get End/Rec Combination i preffer this over everything else, but i still try to keep it low
Offensive: I have a nice Item which proccs really often and gives me about 360 Offensive, and thats a really great dmgboost! - And when your Superstats are extremly high this is a good alternative as DD

Questions:

Resurgence vs. Masterfull Dodge
Bionic Shielding vs. Medical Drones
Electric Bolt vs. Sonic Blaster - if Sonic Blaster i will have to take two out of thesepowers:
Bionic Shielding
Nanobot Swarm
Sonic Device
, is it really worth it?
Sonic Device vs. Bionic Shielding - or yould you drop something else?
Circle of Primal Dominion vs. Circle of Ebon Wrath - what should i drop for it?

Archived Post
10-07-2010, 11:10 AM
I think Resurgence won't give you as much as Field Surge or Masterful Dodge, and they'll work well with your other heals.

Electric Sheath has a really nice adv (matter-energy union)

Otherwise looks like you've got a lot of synergy.

Nanobot Swarm would be pretty good in this build, but I don't know what I'd replace for it

Archived Post
10-07-2010, 11:18 AM
I'd say find a place for invocation of storm calling. The debuff is wonderful for when you find yourself surrounded. You won't have to change your strategy to implement it either. Simply tap it when you become overwhelmed by melee, back up, and continue the giga-spam.

Archived Post
10-07-2010, 11:26 AM
I'd say find a place for invocation of storm calling. The debuff is wonderful for when you find yourself surrounded. You won't have to change your strategy to implement it either. Simply tap it when you become overwhelmed by melee, back up, and continue the giga-spam.

Very good call. I was thinking the build could use some close-quarters kb, but was thinking Force Eruption or Primal Sigils. Invocation of storm calling does a better job of complimenting his core than Force Eruption, and doesn't take over play style like sigils can.

Archived Post
10-07-2010, 11:59 AM
Yeah, I love it on my elec toon. I use it as an equalizer vs melee toons in pvp. Use that then laser sword. The dps can be quite surprising to those that are unaware of the massive debuffs from the two attacks.

Archived Post
10-07-2010, 02:40 PM
I think Resurgence won't give you as much as Field Surge or Masterful Dodge, and they'll work well with your other heals.

Electric Sheath has a really nice adv (matter-energy union)

Otherwise looks like you've got a lot of synergy.

Nanobot Swarm would be pretty good in this build, but I don't know what I'd replace for it

didnt jused field surge because i was afraid that my damage and survivability sinks to much when i lose my energy form .in this scenario only the damage and resurgence is, i think, at the moment the only think with which i can heal myself back up (expect when i get hit with an active bionic shield and the drones, but i guess they are not that fast and will be dead anyway when something makes a aoe with enought power that i have to heal me back up because it broke through the shields), and shields i already have 2. but i will test it on the weekend.

matter energy union i didnt choose at the beginning because i thought i'll lose to much energy and it would be better to just heal back up with the energy i have through activating the sheath. but yes you're right, most of the time it will be much better absorbing damage then healing it so i'll add it at my next build ;)

maybe i'll find a place for nanobot then, already thought about taking it but as you sayed, what should i sacrify ^^

Very good call. I was thinking the build could use some close-quarters kb, but was thinking Force Eruption or Primal Sigils. Invocation of storm calling does a better job of complimenting his core than Force Eruption, and doesn't take over play style like sigils can.

until now i always jused teleport when they get really to much or just tried to shield and heal against it. i too will have to look what i could drop for it. but the attack really sounds good and i will test it. it looks that i totally oversaw that power until now ^^

Yeah, I love it on my elec toon. I use it as an equalizer vs melee toons in pvp. Use that then laser sword. The dps can be quite surprising to those that are unaware of the massive debuffs from the two attacks.

for pvp i absolutly would take it but i'm not sure if it will be worth it in pve too, guess it's like holds, never use them in pve but they are the salt in the soup for pvp ;)
thats too one of the reasons why i didnt choose laser sword, even though its really mighty for an electric toon imo

edit: btw. what do you think about the toxic nanites?
if i would use them too i guess i relly could make a heavy burst in pvp and would have a dot too for the teleporters
and in pve i maybe have enought energy in the electric sheath time to use that too, and so would give nanobot swarm one more good point

Archived Post
10-08-2010, 03:21 AM
Electric Sheathe also gives you energy as you get hit, so I don't think you'll see it drain your energy. Easy enough to test that though. Gigabolt should not remove your energy form on tap/, and yoy should be able to deal out some nasty tap damage with it

Laser Sword wouldn't be perfect for your toon because it boosts particle damage. Perfect for concussor beams, but difficult to combo with Orbital Cannon.

Archived Post
10-08-2010, 10:51 AM
edit: btw. what do you think about the toxic nanites?
if i would use them too i guess i relly could make a heavy burst in pvp and would have a dot too for the teleporters
and in pve i maybe have enought energy in the electric sheath time to use that too, and so would give nanobot swarm one more good point

Toxic nanites would be really unnecessary. Your dps will be sufficient for any pve content. Nanites would be overkill really, getting more utility or defense would probably be better.

Archived Post
10-08-2010, 11:41 AM
hmm ok then i skip toxic nanites, and try to spam gigabolt when i activate electric sheath ;P

got just an other thing in my mind, Superconductor of Electrocute, does it too affect the big guys who are immune to the hold? if yes it would then be usefull for them too :D
Also Nanobot swarm would be even more usefull then

otherwise i think about choose something different, maybe masterfull dodge or something like that but probably nanobot swarm

Archived Post
10-14-2010, 01:52 PM
after some testing this is my new build in no special order:

Build by championBuilder 0.4.1 (http://champions.zarzu.ch)

Download this Build here. (http://champions.zarzu.ch/download.php?download=4132g501007015020501515zz047 0152106034025064170i501070i522070h9010706302070824 108012232060m0325zz0350l5675y1095y2075y2065y20o5y2 0p5y20z5y21225y0075y0065anonh0000000000000000)

anon: Level 40 Champion

Superstats:
Level 5: Super Endurance
Level 13: Super Recovery

Powers:
Level 1: Electric Bolt
Level 1: Electric Sheath -- Matter - Energy Union, Rank 2
Level 5: Ionic Reverberation
Level 5: Teleport
Level 11: Force Shield -- Force Sheath
Level 14: Bionic Shielding
Level 17: Regeneration -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 20: Resurgence -- Evanescent Emergence, Rank 2
Level 23: Circle Of Radiant Summoning -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 26: Orbital Cannon -- Anvil of Dawn, Rank 2
Level 29: Chest Beam -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 32: Gigabolt -- Death Arc, Accelerated Metabolism, Rank 2
Level 35: Palliate -- Absolve
Level 35: Acrobatics
Level 38: Rebirth

Talents:
Level 1: Electric Potential
Level 6: Energetic
Level 9: Tireless
Level 12: Quick Recovery
Level 15: Boundless Reserves
Level 18: Amazing Stamina
Level 21: Paramilitary Training

The ritual gives great heal and on passive i nearly survive everything but i may change Bionic shielding with Sonic device, the Medical drones, or the tankcircle of wich i forgot the name right now ^^

thanks again for all the help ;)

Archived Post
10-14-2010, 05:33 PM
Get Gigabolt at 14. After that nothing matters.

Archived Post
10-14-2010, 06:56 PM
This, gigabolt is a game changer for electric. Once you get it you'll rarely use, or have need for, a different attack. It'll be your bread and butter with electrocute and lightning arc for tougher baddies.

Archived Post
10-14-2010, 07:08 PM
I disagree:

Gigabolt (for when things are charging you from one particular direction)
Electrocute (drop this on MV's or above, and watch the HP melt with...)
Lightning Arc (unparalelled single target maintain)
Ionic Reverberation (your new end builder while using...)
Chain Lightning (1-2 minion zapper, for applying Negative Ion's when foes are too spread out for...)
Sparkstorm (3+ minion zapper when you're surrounded, and Negative Ion applicator)
Lightning Storm (for when Sparkstorm just won't do)

I was bored to tears going "GB... GB... GB..." so i modified my build (as shown below).
As you can see by the above, EVERY power has a specific use, not just "Giga Bolt".
Unfortunatley, this only works if you rank them ALL up...

...But it looks friggin' awsome when you do! (mega "electric death" everywhere! :eek: )

NOTE: I went "END/CON" +REC (Super Stats +Talents) because it provides a BIT more durability than END/REC + CON.

Superstats: Endurance/Constitution
Energy Builder: Electric Bolt
Travel Power(s): Superspeed/Telport -- Rank +/None
Crafted Travel Power: Electric Flight -- Rank +

Level 1: Ionic Reverberation
Level 6: Chain Lightning -- Rank 2, Lightning Helix
Level 11: Lightning Arc -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 14: Gigabolt -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 17: Electric Sheath -- Matter - Energy Union
Level 20: Lightning Storm -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 23: Electrocute
Level 26: Dark Transfusion -- Blood Sacrifice
Level 29: Regeneration
Level 32: Electric Shield -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 35: Resurgence -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 38: Bionic Shielding -- Overloaded Circuits

Talents (REC):
Level 1: Electric Potential
Level 6: Tireless
Level 9: Relentless
Level 12: Impresario
Level 15: Negotiator
Level 18: Worldly
Level 21: Lasting Impression

EDIT: Swapped out IoSC for LStorm.

Archived Post
10-15-2010, 04:32 AM
i'm already 40 so the i took the powers as i unlocked them, so what i wanted and saw first, i took ;P

i guess gigabolt was my mainattack untill lvl 40, now i often use orbital cannon + charged chest beam, in electric form 8k with low gear at minions and it kills nearly every bigger guy. i guess when i take sonic device too i will easily get over 10k dmg with good gear so i have no problem with normal mobs, at bigger villians i fast switch to regeneration and with the circle i'm nearly unkillable for the most things, specially when i start blocking ;)

at the beginning i too used a lot of different powers, or better lets say i took them but nearly never used them. Same with electrocute, when i really wanted to use it the enemys were immune, when it would have worked it was easier to oneshot them.

thats also the reason why i didnt choose lightning arc anymore. ok its great when somebody is in a hold but the only time i really have to use this a lot is when they are immune anyway. At first i even thought about skipping the advantage with more damage when the target is held.

And i never used chain lightning at all, the damage is so low that i really preffer just spamming gigabolt taps, or for burst orbital + gigabolt and then sonic device + chest beam (earlier lightning arc before a friend recommended me chest beam). i also tried every single of the other powers but just none of them really overwhelmed me.

because of regeneration i also preffer rec to con because it ticks with nearly 1k for me and thats really great but i still have about 70 con because i dont want to get oneshot ;P

but when i really see that i can start dropping con i think about taking masterfull dodge instead of resurgence, maybe it's more usefull for me then ;P

but i believe it really must look great when you rush into an enemy base and thanks for the tips.

new ideas are always welcome ;P

Archived Post
10-15-2010, 05:06 AM
NP, i actually forgot that you had posted a build at the beginning of the thread (i've got it subscribed),
and thought you were looking for ideas rather than suggestions for modifications to your existing build.

I was actually replying more to @Wizalot's Gigabolt claim than yours.

My Bad, i didn't mean to hijack your thread with my build ideas :o

Archived Post
10-15-2010, 10:12 AM
The hideous nerfing of Lightning Arc's advantage to only give a 30% damage boost instead of doubling against held targets also kind of kicks it in the jimlies. It really isn't ever worth the advantage points anymore, as it's a whopping 10% more damage for charging elecrocute ahead of time (assuming you're even fighting something that can be held) and in that time you could easily have done more damage just by ... using giga or LA.

I'd really like for them to make LA more of a single-target power to compliment giga, but right now it's only use is giving me a break from giga spams to rest my finger :P There's no "awesome single target" reason, and I really wish there were.

Archived Post
10-15-2010, 03:45 PM
Pure electric power?

Electric Form R3
Electrocute+Debuff
InvoStorm+Debuff
Imbue R3
Electric sigils R3
Electric Storm toggle
Tractor Beam R3

Bionic Shield+adv also fun to use with this.

Archived Post
10-15-2010, 05:40 PM
Why don't any of the elctric builds I see posted on the forums ever use Thunderstrike...I had it on my electric and thought it was good. Is there something wrong with it or is it just overkill considering all the other powers available?

Archived Post
10-15-2010, 06:04 PM
Why don't any of the elctric builds I see posted on the forums ever use Thunderstrike...I had it on my electric and thought it was good. Is there something wrong with it or is it just overkill considering all the other powers available?
Nothing wrong with it IMO, just that even ranked up it leaves something to be desired compared to the other powers.

That and Ball Lightning...
...IMO :cool:

Archived Post
10-16-2010, 05:39 AM
NP, i actually forgot that you had posted a build at the beginning of the thread (i've got it subscribed),
and thought you were looking for ideas rather than suggestions for modifications to your existing build.

I was actually replying more to @Wizalot's Gigabolt claim than yours.

My Bad, i didn't mean to hijack your thread with my build ideas :o

hehe dont be worry as i said everything related is interesting for me because i'm still not sure about some things, so you can post any idea you get about that in here ;P

the thread even moves away from electric with every new build i make, so my electric powers are even in the minority right now ^^

actually i'm already looking for something better then gigabolt, because i need 2 powers for it and when i find something better which maybe just costs one i can take a circle, meddical drones, sonic device or with the petpatch something else that would push my dmg or survivability even more ^^

The hideous nerfing of Lightning Arc's advantage to only give a 30% damage boost instead of doubling against held targets also kind of kicks it in the jimlies. It really isn't ever worth the advantage points anymore, as it's a whopping 10% more damage for charging elecrocute ahead of time (assuming you're even fighting something that can be held) and in that time you could easily have done more damage just by ... using giga or LA.

I'd really like for them to make LA more of a single-target power to compliment giga, but right now it's only use is giving me a break from giga spams to rest my finger :P There's no "awesome single target" reason, and I really wish there were.

thats exactly the reason why i skiped it at my second build and took chest beam instead, i dont have sonic device right now but

Orbital + Chest Beam + Sonic Device is just a killerstart, and if the enemy is knocked back i just can start a second chest beam right afterwards ;P

Pure electric power?

Electric Form R3
Electrocute+Debuff
InvoStorm+Debuff
Imbue R3
Electric sigils R3
Electric Storm toggle
Tractor Beam R3

Bionic Shield+adv also fun to use with this.

not so much "pure" electric power anymore because i found better alternatives ;P

and when i really would take all that powers i guess i would have no more space for survivability, but still would just use maybe 3 of them more often

Nothing wrong with it IMO, just that even ranked up it leaves something to be desired compared to the other powers.

That and Ball Lightning...
...IMO :cool:

Just wait for the Petpatch and the march of the pets, from the summoning circle over ball lightning to machinegun pet :D

Archived Post
10-16-2010, 07:07 AM
I updated the first post to eliminate missunderstandings and try to keep it up to date ;)

so and here are the questions i still have,

What would you choose?

Resurgence vs. Masterfull Dodge
Bionic Shielding vs. Medical Drones
Electric Bolt vs. Sonic Blaster - if Sonic Blaster i will have to take two out of thesepowers:
Bionic Shielding
Nanobot Swarm
Sonic Device
,is it really worth it?
Sonic Device vs. Bionic Shielding - or yould you drop something else?
Circle of Primal Dominion vs. Circle of Ebon Wrath - what should i drop for it?