PDA

View Full Version : Buying Items on AH, need help.

Archived Post
10-07-2010, 01:49 AM
Well currently after browsing the AH i have found 3 blue items that i would love to buy. Each of them outshine anything i have on my level 40 character. These items of coarse... have a pretty hefty resource tag on them, and with the sum of all three items being roughly 3,000 - 3,500 in Globals. With the resources i have now, I do not know of any decent ways to garnish that much wealth.

So here is the question:
is there any kind of tips/hints or things that i could do to scrounge up that 3,000 Globals? :( or at the very least make a profit doing something.

Archived Post
10-07-2010, 03:15 AM
Well currently after browsing the AH i have found 3 blue items that i would love to buy. Each of them outshine anything i have on my level 40 character. These items of coarse... have a pretty hefty resource tag on them, and with the sum of all three items being roughly 3,000 - 3,500 in Globals. With the resources i have now, I do not know of any decent ways to garnish that much wealth.

So here is the question:
is there any kind of tips/hints or things that i could do to scrounge up that 3,000 Globals? :(

If the player really wants to sell them, then they will lower the price. With a week limit on the AH, they can't keep doing it forever.

Of course, the price could never come down. This makes it a store, not an auction.

This is why I never use the damned thing.

Archived Post
10-07-2010, 09:00 AM
If the player really wants to sell them, then they will lower the price. With a week limit on the AH, they can't keep doing it forever.

Of course, the price could never come down. This makes it a store, not an auction.

This is why I never use the damned thing.

Yeah,CO's auction house is just... well utter garbage imho. Its used more as a 2nd storage area then an actual market. it has absolutely no place in making any sort of "economy" in CO(at least as far as I'm concerned), which is why i went on to make this suggestion in the suggest forum. http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?p=1691161#post1691161

Though lets not get this thread derailed to talk about that stuff, but be more then free to rant on about whatever side your on (directed to everyone that may read this not you 8bithere :p)

Archived Post
10-07-2010, 09:28 AM
I'll assume these are level 40s. Check out the names - you may be able to find similar stuff by searching on the name, usually filtering to level 38-40 rare. If you just need PRE or EGO you should be able to get good gear very cheap.

As far as making big money, I'd suggest selling either crafted travel materials like Ritual Blood Knives, or Vibora Bay Costume pieces. Take a look at your inventory as well - you may have a rare weapon unlock and not realize it, like a Gatling Pistol or VL S-1 laser pistol.

Archived Post
10-07-2010, 02:04 PM
Not defending these particular items, since I don't know what they are, but 1,000 G for a SL Very Hard Blue single stat secondary or a primary with useful stats is a totally reasonable price. If you want to make that kind of money, you grind for the same type of thing, and sell your +34 Rec in order to buy someone else's +34 Con, or whatever stats you may be dealing with.

Archived Post
10-07-2010, 02:27 PM
Store > Auction House. My only problem with it is the name.