PDA

View Full Version : Ice Blast...wow...

Archived Post
09-21-2010, 04:12 AM
I noticed for the first time last night in tier 1 PvP how bright and annoying the mist effect from my Ice blast spamming is :eek: (got a new monitor, ditched my old dim one). I kinda felt bad using it so much, but at level 7 it is really my only choice right now. Is there any way to tone the graphic down on my end or is it pretty much up to everyone else to adjust their settings if it is causing them problems?

Archived Post
09-21-2010, 04:28 AM
Post deleted by KenpoJuJitsu3

Archived Post
09-21-2010, 04:59 AM
I'm not on my gaming rig now but...

I thought there were a couple of video options (checkbox) that REALLY reduced the special effects.

Like the TP view wasn't as ugly, and some of the auras were toned down a lot.

Perhaps this option (whatever it is) would help reduce the excess fluff from the power.

Then again, it would also reduce a bunch of other stuff that you might actually like.

Archived Post
09-21-2010, 05:07 AM
Post deleted by KenpoJuJitsu3

Archived Post
09-21-2010, 05:14 AM
I've complained about the visual and audio effect of Ice Blast a while ago as it's very annoying specially because to get the best out of Ice Blast you need to spam tap it, thus increasing that stupid mist every single tap!

The post faded into oblivion of course as not that many people actually play with ice builds. In fact, I've never actually been in a group (and I group quite often) with a player using ice blast.

So yeah, it needs to be added to their long 'to do' list and needs to be reduced (the mist) and the sound effect.

Archived Post
09-21-2010, 05:21 AM
I looove my lag blast.

Archived Post
09-21-2010, 07:14 AM
LOL..I love the power too. So much so that I am sure I will find a way to live with my guilt :D

Archived Post
09-21-2010, 07:39 AM
its the fx quality settings under the custom video settings. I run everything else at full blast.

Archived Post
09-21-2010, 08:22 AM
SHHHHhhhhhhh!!!

let this post die...don't want too many people catching on to our beloved lag-blast!

Very few powers have the crippling effect of rendering an enemies entire gaming system useless. Mums the word boys. Mums...

Archived Post
09-21-2010, 08:32 AM
Nothing spells pwned like melting your opponent's video card.

Archived Post
09-21-2010, 10:28 AM
Ahem... it's ice it's supposed to slow them down :D

Archived Post
09-21-2010, 11:03 AM
Nothing spells pwned like melting your opponent's video card.

HAH!! TP outta that one suckers!!

Archived Post
09-21-2010, 12:43 PM
Im afraid that I will be on many ppls ignore list for spamming the bejeezes iut ice blast

Archived Post
09-21-2010, 01:16 PM
On the original question, turning special effects to low will completely eliminate the cloud of ice, and thus eliminate any lag it causes. It will also have a side effect of making a number of powers completely invisible.

Archived Post
09-21-2010, 01:39 PM
I remember doing the Destroid Factory with an ice player. Everyone was lagging so hard, and no one really knew why. The ice player made a few odd comments during the run (mostly apologetic). A the end, when everyone was battling with all of about 6 FPS, he apologized and explained why everyone had been framelagging so hard. Poor guy felt so bad for crippling everyone's machines for the entire run.

Archived Post
09-22-2010, 07:23 AM
Yikes! As someone with a monster computer I'l have to remember this. I have no trouble with Ice Blast on my computer but I will remember that it bogs other computers down.

I won't spam it...or i'll try not to. :)

Archived Post
09-22-2010, 11:18 AM
Whats really funny is seeing the UC spammers in T2 get lagblast spammed back, and they just stand there for 10 seconds until the effects are gone and the respawn button finally appears.

Archived Post
09-22-2010, 11:56 AM
And the odd thing is that it only happens when SOMEBODY ELSE does it. I played Ice from level 1-22 ON DIALUP, and noticed no more lag than the usual occasional lagspike. Last time I played my bud made an Ice character and I was laging so bad I told him on Xfire that I'm going to log for the night because I can't party with his Ice character anymore and laging for an hour straight just to get to Reseacher Green was ridiculous.

Lag Blast causing graphics lag (As opposed to connection lag) is like the only thing that lags me for more than 10 seconds nowadays. I'm surprised the bug has been around so long.

Archived Post
09-22-2010, 01:36 PM
I remember doing the Destroid Factory with an ice player. Everyone was lagging so hard, and no one really knew why. The ice player made a few odd comments during the run (mostly apologetic). A the end, when everyone was battling with all of about 6 FPS, he apologized and explained why everyone had been framelagging so hard. Poor guy felt so bad for crippling everyone's machines for the entire run.
This is the reason I never took ice blast on my ice toon. I had it at the start but only used it to pull aggro via crippling challenge if the tank had a problem and was under too much pressure.

Archived Post
09-22-2010, 01:48 PM
What kind of systems are you running?

Just turn down your particle FX till they fix it?

I play ice On Intern 2.0, and I use Ice blast for super high dps, I just can't give it up.

Simple fix is to just make the ice chunks large instead of that silly mist.

Archived Post
09-22-2010, 01:54 PM
What kind of systems are you running?

Just turn down your particle FX till they fix it?

I play ice On Intern 2.0, and I use Ice blast for super high dps, I just can't give it up.

Simple fix is to just make the ice chunks large instead of that silly mist.
Personnally my system has no issue with it being used by me or others. The issue I have with it is:

A) Laggin out teammates in lairs. Not the best idea and not fun for them either.

B) Lagging out opponents in pvp. Not exatcly sporting as far as I'm concerned.

Archived Post
09-22-2010, 02:06 PM
B) Lagging out opponents in pvp. Not exatcly sporting as far as I'm concerned.
Depends on if it's an Upperclone or DWspamer in T2. Then it's quite sporting old chap. :D

Archived Post
09-22-2010, 03:45 PM
My new system can handle it, but I do lose significant FPS. My old one could if I turned down the settings (I like my glowies, damnit!).