PDA

View Full Version : "free" store stuff?

Archived Post
08-02-2010, 04:55 AM
Im having a look at the c-store in-game and I see a whole lot of stuff that says "free". I have only 400 points. Can I take all this stuff without having to pay? I am confused :)

ty!

edit: do i get one of these items free? Or none?

Archived Post
08-02-2010, 05:01 AM
Post deleted by KenpoJuJitsu3.

Archived Post
08-02-2010, 05:03 AM
WTH!! FREE stuff!!??
I object!!
Do you mean the stuff in Special Unlocks?

Archived Post
08-02-2010, 05:06 AM
well... from what i can see absolutely everything on this list is free. i cannot see any to pay for. Could I really be that exceptionally lucky? I see costume sets, character retcons, extra costume slots etc.

edit: can I grab some of this stuff or will I get billed?

Archived Post
08-02-2010, 05:54 AM
well... from what i can see absolutely everything on this list is free. i cannot see any to pay for. Could I really be that exceptionally lucky? I see costume sets, character retcons, extra costume slots etc.

edit: can I grab some of this stuff or will I get billed?

Better don't grab anything, that looks not normal to me. Can you post some screenshots ?

Archived Post
08-02-2010, 06:00 AM
not sure how to screenshot here. But, just take my description that everything on the MAIN LIST has the word "free" instead of a c-store price. My girlfriend is playing beside me on a trial account and her store has prices.
I wonder if this has anything to do with when I first signed up as a reviewer years ago... or is that irrelevant? Maybe I get something for vet rewards for all that time? I dont know I'm just guessing :)

Archived Post
08-02-2010, 06:11 AM
It's either a graphics bug and you'll spend points when buying something, or you're pretty damn lucky.

Archived Post
08-02-2010, 06:13 AM
Grab everything you can and RUN!!! It's free!! FREE!!

:D

Pass that touch abit here too. ;)

Archived Post
08-02-2010, 11:07 AM
not sure how to screenshot here. But, just take my description that everything on the MAIN LIST has the word "free" instead of a c-store price. My girlfriend is playing beside me on a trial account and her store has prices.
I wonder if this has anything to do with when I first signed up as a reviewer years ago... or is that irrelevant? Maybe I get something for vet rewards for all that time? I dont know I'm just guessing :)

Normally you could just hit printscreen but that would hide the ui so the c-store window won't show up using that. So type /screenshot_ui_jpg

Archived Post
08-02-2010, 11:14 AM
done. where is the screenshot and how do i link it?

(also I know I posted this in the bugs forum but...) do you think there is a chance that anyone else is getting my details from the store?

Archived Post
08-02-2010, 11:23 AM
done. where is the screenshot and how do i link it?

(also I know I posted this in the bugs forum but...) do you think there is a chance that anyone else is getting my details from the store?

Normally it would be in C:\Program Files\Cryptic Studios\Champions Online\Live\screenshots. The drive letter could change if program files are stored on a different hard drive on your computer and if you have an (x86) version of the program files folder, it would be in there.

Just host it on a site like photobucket or imageshack and then link to that file.

No, I don't think someone else is getting your details from the store.

Archived Post
08-02-2010, 11:31 AM
Found the screenshot thanks.

Does this link work?

http://yfrog.com/6tscreenshot2010080303421j

Archived Post
08-02-2010, 11:34 AM
Found the screenshot thanks.

Does this link work?

http://yfrog.com/6tscreenshot2010080303421j

The image is small but there is enough to make out what is going on.

Maybe you got flagged as a dev account somehow? I know they get all their stuff for free in the c-store.

Archived Post
08-02-2010, 11:38 AM
Well, I was worried because this is a part of the game that deals with real money. I can for sure take your opinion about billing details and such.

Obviously this is far from being a terrible thing to happen. I have left a ticket about it and if I don't hear much back from them I will not press the issue any further.

Archived Post
08-02-2010, 11:40 AM
Well, I was worried because this is a part of the game that deals with real money. I can for sure take your opinion about billing details and such.

Obviously this is far from being a terrible thing to happen. I have left a ticket about it and if I don't hear much back from them I will not press the issue any further.

You don't have to take my opinion on it. A dev confirmed it in your other thread that credit card details never enter the picture when purchasing things on the c-store. It just decreases the amount of c-store points.

Archived Post
08-02-2010, 11:47 AM
It seems you do indeed have the Midas touch ;) Pretty sure it's because you are using a reviewers account and Cryptic neglected to disable certain features. :rolleyes:

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines (http://forums.champions-online.com/announcement.php?f=90&a=6) ~Stormshade

Archived Post
08-02-2010, 06:25 PM
Thanks for pointing this out MrMidas. I've notified the correct individuals, and we're looking into why this is occurring.

Thanks,

Stormshade

Archived Post
08-02-2010, 07:15 PM
Maybe you're part of the Soviet C-Store beta. Everyone gets everything for free!

Archived Post
08-02-2010, 07:18 PM
In Soviet C-Store, Cryptic Points buy you!

Archived Post
08-03-2010, 01:58 AM
Actually I am fairly sure that my old reviewers account was just a regular beta technically.

Just promise me my credit card details are safe and I'm fine.

Archived Post
08-03-2010, 03:34 AM
Just promise me my credit card details are safe and I'm fine.

I can't talk for the Stormshade but the game can't get at your credit card.

All purchases in game are carried out using cryptic points if you have no cryptic points the purchase will fail.

It won't bill your card I can say that with certainty because I've tried it.

You must first purchase a number of cryptic points using your preferred payment method (so credit card in your case) and then these C-points are your cash run out and you have to go back to your account page and top up with some more

Think of it like a early pay as you go phone you go to the shop get the top up card and enter the top up code into the phone to get credit. If you want more credit you have to go back to the shop and get another card at no time do you give the phone company your bank details and say charge me directly.

Archived Post
08-03-2010, 09:53 AM
you have a press account if it was given to you for review purposes... they flag every new thing as freebies for press accounts I do believe. :)

Archived Post
08-04-2010, 12:54 PM
Do the righteous and honorable thing.

GET EVERY ITEM and give them to someone else...
It's the heroic thing to do.

<-----@whoo
<-----@whoo
<-----@whoo

Archived Post
08-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Do the righteous and honorable thing.

GET EVERY ITEM and give them to someone else...
It's the heroic thing to do.

<-----@whoo
<-----@whoo
<-----@whoo

You can't gift c-store purchases. They go to the account that bought them.

Archived Post
08-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Yeah I know, but I am at work and really fighting the urge to be productive. F*** sake man I HAD to post something.

Archived Post
08-04-2010, 01:04 PM
Here's more free stuff...

I love you guys.

-I'm KeystoneMan and I'm helping!