PDA

View Full Version : July 4 Weekend Sale

Archived Post
07-01-2010, 04:55 PM
Just in time for the long Fourth of July weekend, we're offering a 20% discount on costumes in the C-Store! From 10:00 a.m. Pacific on Friday, July 2, until 10:00 a.m. Pacific on Tuesday, July 6, nearly any costume set you purchase is 20% off! Visit the C-Store (http://www.champions-online.com/store) to see what's available.

Link to the news article. (http://www.champions-online.com/node/595020)

Archived Post
07-01-2010, 05:01 PM
If Tesla hits before July 6th, then i'm there faster than a greased ferret !.

Remember, if you send a virus before you launch missiles then it sneakily lowers their shields !, heheh, stupid bugs won't know what hit 'em !. Happy 4th July to my American cousins. :)

Archived Post
07-01-2010, 05:08 PM
Since we aren't likely to get Tesla in the store before the sale, can you tell us when the next sale will be?

Archived Post
07-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Since we aren't likely to get Tesla in the store before the sale, can you tell us when the next sale will be?

The Tesla set will be available tomorrow as well, but won't be discounted this time.

Archived Post
07-01-2010, 05:28 PM
Any chance we can get a version of the evil girl armor in the picture (canít remember the name) without the crotch teeth?

Archived Post
07-01-2010, 06:05 PM
Thank you. Even if the Tesla Armor is not discounted, thank you.

Archived Post
07-01-2010, 06:18 PM
I know it'll never happen, but it'd be nice if those of us that spent full points on these costume sets got some of those points back when these sales come around.. so we could spend them on more costumes, of course..

How about giving the 400 day Vets some C-Points to spend.. some costume tokens would be nice too, changing a costume is darned expensive..

Archived Post
07-01-2010, 06:26 PM
The Tesla set will be available tomorrow as well, but won't be discounted this time.

I hope you've got a way of indicating that VERY clearly in game (and I don't mean just trusting players to infer this from the price) or you're going to be flooded with complaints from players who thought they were getting as discount. :rolleyes:

Archived Post
07-01-2010, 06:47 PM

Soo... Whats the price?
So i can decide if its peasoup and water or porkchops and wine for food in next couple of weeks.

Archived Post
07-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Any chance we can get a version of the evil girl armor in the picture (canít remember the name) without the crotch teeth?

But you wouldn't be able to do something like that (http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p272/ButstonFreem/maw.jpg) then.

Archived Post
07-01-2010, 08:56 PM
But you wouldn't be able to do something like that (http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p272/ButstonFreem/maw.jpg) then.

LOL. Thats awesome!! :D

Archived Post
07-01-2010, 09:24 PM

That's pretty harsh...
(>_<)

Archived Post
07-01-2010, 09:28 PM

No rush then. Good to know.

Archived Post
07-01-2010, 09:32 PM
That's pretty harsh...
(>_<)

Eh. .It's good business sense.

>_-

Archived Post
07-02-2010, 12:38 AM
Grr. If you'd sent those emails out half an hour earlier I could have saved myself a few CP's. Oh well, nice incentive to put a few extra points in the bank and grab some costumes though...

Archived Post
07-02-2010, 05:16 AM
Grr. If you'd sent those emails out half an hour earlier I could have saved myself a few CP's. Oh well, nice incentive to put a few extra points in the bank and grab some costumes though...

You have to know by now that they are going to have sales on the holidays.

Archived Post
07-02-2010, 05:57 AM

Any idea when? ;) I'm on overtime today, and I'd like to play around with the set on one of my breaks, but I'd also like to time it.

Edit: Also, by my count, the sale should've been on for an hour already, but the in-game prices haven't changed that I see. Since I don't know what all is for sale, I'm a little hesitant to just grab. ;)

Archived Post
07-02-2010, 06:18 AM

If that's the case maybe the email I got his morning shouldn't have said (emphasis mine):

"Just in time for the long Fourth of July weekend, we're offering a 20% discount on costumes in the C-Store! From 10:00 a.m. Pacific on Friday, July 2, until 10:00 a.m. Pacific on Tuesday, July 6, ANY costume set you purchase is 20% off! Visit the C-Store to see what's available. "

Any idea when? ;) I'm on overtime today, and I'd like to play around with the set on one of my breaks, but I'd also like to time it.

Edit: Also, by my count, the sale should've been on for an hour already, but the in-game prices haven't changed that I see. Since I don't know what all is for sale, I'm a little hesitant to just grab. ;)

10:00 AM PST

Archived Post
07-02-2010, 06:34 AM
10:00 AM PST

D'oh, went the other way round.

Archived Post
07-02-2010, 07:30 AM
Costumes only? Would've bought a retcon and maybe a rename token if they were on sale...

Archived Post
07-02-2010, 09:08 AM
Hey! It's 10:00 am!! Make it happen!

Archived Post
07-02-2010, 10:24 AM
Its on but Hi Tech is not discounted and makes no mention of being excluded.

Archived Post
07-02-2010, 10:24 AM
How much is the tesla armor?

Archived Post
07-02-2010, 10:29 AM
How much is the tesla armor?

280 points

Archived Post
07-02-2010, 01:49 PM

That's a load! I just bought more Cryptic Points knowing that I could be two 280cp sets. Now I CAN'T!! I have 500cp.

280 + 280 (.8) = 504.

LAME CRYPTIC VERY LAME!!!! I feel cheated!

You could at least put a bigger disclaimer about it or even raise the discount to 25% so we could get 2 sets.

Archived Post
07-02-2010, 03:16 PM
Very creative there ;)
WOW between this and the steam sale I'm looking to spend $250, guess im going to be in this summer.

Archived Post
07-02-2010, 05:11 PM

OK, this made my day, that is truely amazing. 10/10 I applaud you sir! *salute*

Archived Post
07-02-2010, 06:56 PM
Hi-Tech ain't the only set with erroneous prices, the emblems (or at least some of them) seems to still be 80 CP too.

Archived Post
07-03-2010, 12:58 AM
How about giving the 400 day Vets some C-Points to spend.. some costume tokens would be nice too, changing a costume is darned expensive..
That would be cool, and maybe a full retcon should have a built-in (optional) "all costume set to default" feature, or at least one free costume full change.

Archived Post
07-03-2010, 03:32 AM
OK, this made my day, that is truly amazing. 10/10 I applaud you sir! *salute*

Now that's Comedy...!
Your New name is now "Jaws" ..That's it no discussion..
Now I want to see BRou or Boolie find you for a drawing and video..:eek:

Archived Post
07-05-2010, 11:19 AM
You know, this really doesn't affect me because I wasn't going to pick up the Tesla set anyway... but introducing it the day you start a sale and then saying "But this isn't part of the sale" just seems like another blundered PR move to me.

Who's idea was that, really? There are so many ways from a marketing standpoint that this could have been handled, but Cryptic selected the one way that is sure to annoy people.

You could have said "If you buy the Tesla set you get any other costume part for 20% off". Sure that means you're getting less in the long run, but it *sounds* like a promotional deal.

Or you could have said "Hey, we're introducing our Tesla set on sale this weekend only!" and people would have jumped to get the new set before it went off sale. It's not like a non renewable resource. Seems like 1000 people getting it at 20% off is better than 200 at regular price.

But either way -- the *perception* of a new product being announced along side a sale but then not being eligible for the sale just seems negative to me.

Archived Post
07-05-2010, 01:09 PM
You know, this really doesn't affect me because I wasn't going to pick up the Tesla set anyway... but introducing it the day you start a sale and then saying "But this isn't part of the sale" just seems like another blundered PR move to me.

Who's idea was that, really? There are so many ways from a marketing standpoint that this could have been handled, but Cryptic selected the one way that is sure to annoy people.

You could have said "If you buy the Tesla set you get any other costume part for 20% off". Sure that means you're getting less in the long run, but it *sounds* like a promotional deal.

Or you could have said "Hey, we're introducing our Tesla set on sale this weekend only!" and people would have jumped to get the new set before it went off sale. It's not like a non renewable resource. Seems like 1000 people getting it at 20% off is better than 200 at regular price.

But either way -- the *perception* of a new product being announced along side a sale but then not being eligible for the sale just seems negative to me.

This is nitpicking at its finest. The CO community needs to stop shining negative light on every positive thing Cryptic tries to do. The routine is tired.

Archived Post
07-05-2010, 02:00 PM
Thank you for your feedback on my post.

Archived Post
07-05-2010, 06:06 PM
This is nitpicking at its finest. The CO community needs to stop shining negative light on every positive thing Cryptic tries to do. The routine is tired.

What ? How is offering a discount on C-store items and then excluding the new costume set from said discount a " positive thing " ? I don't think it's nitpicking at all . Cryptic has had alot of C-Store discounts which is good . I take advantage of them . I don't want the Tesla set , I don't like the design . But for people who did want the set , it had to be a little irritating . The smarter move would have been to offer the Tesla set at the same discounted price , or bring it too the C-store after the sale ended . It didn't make Cryptic look good .

I'm a huge fan of CO . That does not mean everything they do is positive . Excluding a particular costume set from a sale simply because it was new is not " positive " .

Archived Post
07-06-2010, 12:26 AM
I can't say I fancied any of the costumes on sale. I've got a nice stack of C-points but I'm not spending them nilly willy on costumes that don't look cool. The tesla armor was a disappointment imo.

Archived Post
07-09-2010, 10:15 AM

Wow, nice job lmao. Hey teacher leave them teeth alone! :eek: