PDA

View Full Version : Framework Populations

Archived Post
06-17-2010, 05:36 PM
I'm relatively new to the game, returning from playing the beta last year. I left for a variety reasons, but most importantly, I'm back and I want to know how the framework populations have shaped up. When I left, melee was completely broken and munitions and power armor were far and away the most popular frameworks being used. I understand that a lot of people mix and much, but I'm talking about on aggregate here, what do you see the most of?

Can anyone give me a idea as rough as it may be?

Archived Post
06-18-2010, 03:35 PM
BUMP

/8charrule

Archived Post
06-18-2010, 04:36 PM
Melee is now better. You will see a few Might players, as Might is a bit OP imo. Overall the game has become better since beta.

Archived Post
06-18-2010, 05:49 PM
Munitions in now pretty much bottom of the pile for pvp might is at the top. You'll seen two new kinds of fotm now:

Defile + Ice form / Fire form

Hold + Melee tap spam

Archived Post
06-18-2010, 07:32 PM
Munitions in now pretty much bottom of the pile for pvp might is at the top. You'll seen two new kinds of fotm now:

Defile + Ice form / Fire form

Hold + Melee tap spam

Ok, but as far as populations go, At level 40, do you still see a lot of Munitions and Power Armor guys?

Archived Post
06-18-2010, 07:34 PM
A medium amount of power armour about but I see munition builds as rarely as I see Ice ones in pvp. WHich is hardly ever, I can count the proper ice players Ive fought against / with on one hand without using all my fingers :eek: And its probably a little more with munition players.

However munitions is probably one of the more balanced PVE set.

Archived Post
06-19-2010, 06:29 AM
A medium amount of power armour about but I see munition builds as rarely as I see Ice ones in pvp. WHich is hardly ever, I can count the proper ice players Ive fought against / with on one hand without using all my fingers :eek: And its probably a little more with munition players.

However munitions is probably one of the more balanced PVE set.

in t3 everyone and their mom has ice builds, at least when I've been playing. Probably to keep melée away? That + defile is now pwnzorz

Archived Post
06-19-2010, 06:37 AM
in t3 everyone and their mom has ice builds, at least when I've been playing. Probably to keep melée away? That + defile is now pwnzorz
Just because they have ice form does not make them an ice build. A proper ice build will be using the most ice structures possible to shatter them, right now its just people using ice form to boost defile. People also do it with fire form, but thats a trade off between heals and energy.

Archived Post
06-19-2010, 06:43 AM
Just because they have ice form does not make them an ice build. A proper ice build will be using the most ice structures possible to shatter them, right now its just people using ice form to boost defile. People also do it with fire form, but thats a trade off between heals and energy.

No. I see people running Ice Wall/Frozen Footsteps, Snowstorm, Ice Cage, etc. All the time. Defile is just a great perk to those builds now.

Archived Post
06-19-2010, 06:50 AM
Well you'll be glad to know that once they reach 40 they drop all those ice powers and just buff defile to high heavens ;)

Besides do they shatter those things? No? Not how Ice was designed to be played :)

Archived Post
06-19-2010, 10:53 AM
Well you'll be glad to know that once they reach 40 they drop all those ice powers and just buff defile to high heavens ;)

Besides do they shatter those things? No? Not how Ice was designed to be played :)

There's more to ice than shattering. Shatter is one power.

Chill stacking to root/snare enemies with moderate pressure....that's how I see Ice. Shatter is cool, but not "how ice should be played".

Archived Post
06-19-2010, 11:22 AM
IMO if you look at all the advantages, and amount of damage shatter does you'd be freaked out.

With 3 stacks of chill (I can do that in less than a second) I can hit with shatter for 1.7k total without cirts. With crits that goes over 2.5k damage in about 2 seconds.

Archived Post
06-19-2010, 11:44 AM
IMO if you look at all the advantages, and amount of damage shatter does you'd be freaked out.

With 3 stacks of chill (I can do that in less than a second) I can hit with shatter for 1.7k total without cirts. With crits that goes over 2.5k damage in about 2 seconds.

I'm not saying to never shatter. I'm saying that if a person goes about their route of using Ice for Snares/Debuffs/Chill, etc, but then use something else for their DPS, I'd still call it an ice build.

My Ice toon uses Single Blade to stack bleeds and deal single target damage by rupturing them. But that's 3 skills in the build. It's still an ice toon, with a flavor of sword (making use of the crit chance on the attack and on each of the ruptures. He still does have shatter. I'm just saying an ice toon doesn't need to solely place his playstyle around that one skill. It's too bad defile would be easier to set up and way more consistent....

Archived Post
06-19-2010, 02:01 PM
I've seen quite a few munitions in PvE lately.

Archived Post
06-19-2010, 03:35 PM
Shagohad, may I ask what prompted your question? In other words, what is your REAL question? Are you trying to figure out what's unpopular so you can make a character who stands out? Do you want to know what's FOTM for an easy build? Are you an undercover dev since their datamining tool broke? Or what?

Archived Post
06-19-2010, 03:44 PM
I spoke to them in zone chat earlier actually. Turns out he was wondering whether if he were to make a PA toon he'd be around masses of other PA toons.

Archived Post
06-19-2010, 05:54 PM
Shagohad, may I ask what prompted your question? In other words, what is your REAL question? Are you trying to figure out what's unpopular so you can make a character who stands out? Do you want to know what's FOTM for an easy build? Are you an undercover dev since their datamining tool broke? Or what?

" Are you trying to figure out what's unpopular so you can make a character who stands out?"

This.

Archived Post
06-19-2010, 07:24 PM
Gotcha!

The only power sets I've really seen a million times are Munitions and Dual Blades. Celestial is also kind of, "Oh, another Celestial character." I guess there really aren't that many, but they tend to come up and heal you, so it seems like there are more than there really are.

Power Armor, I see a few, but most aren't really dedicated. By which I mean they usually have guns or gadgets too. Don't see very many guys shooting Concussor Beam and Chest Beam and Eye Beams all at once, or whatever it is, which is what the set seems like it's really designed for.

Archived Post
06-19-2010, 07:33 PM
Gotcha!

The only power sets I've really seen a million times are Munitions and Dual Blades. Celestial is also kind of, "Oh, another Celestial character." I guess there really aren't that many, but they tend to come up and heal you, so it seems like there are more than there really are.

Power Armor, I see a few, but most aren't really dedicated. By which I mean they usually have guns or gadgets too. Don't see very many guys shooting Concussor Beam and Chest Beam and Eye Beams all at once, or whatever it is, which is what the set seems like it's really designed for.

Well the character I ended up making was a Might, how does that stack up in terms of population? I know its the FOTM, but is there a million of them running around now? I was also considering Infernal Supernatural or Bestial Supernatural .How does the Might population stack up to those two sets?

I am truly indecisive.

Archived Post
06-20-2010, 02:03 AM
Personally I haven't seen any of those three lately.

And, again if I may be so bold, I wouldn't worry about standing out so much. First of all, with the costume editor, you're more likely to stand out by having a well designed costume than by using a little used framework. (Or look boring by making a dull costume!) Secondly, with the open powers system, you're probably going to have an interesting build even if you mostly use a popular set.

My advice is to think of a strong concept and stick to it as well as you can in your power choices. Then as you play go back and get rid of any powers that don't feel fun or you find yourself not using. Your build will naturally evolve into something uniquely your own.

Lastly, role-play! (Just a little!) Say a line in /local once in a while that reflects your character's personality, even if that personality is totally one-dimensional. A flying suit of armor that says, "CRIME STOPPING PROTOCOL A15 ACTIVATED", or "Forsooth, evildoers! Surrender!", just once in a while, will stand out a lot in a crowd. Of course, then you run the risk of the cool kids thinking you're a fruity role-player. But hell with them.

Sorry if this went too far in the direction of unsolicited advice :) If that bugs you, ignore this post except for the first sentence!

Archived Post
06-20-2010, 03:40 AM
Well the character I ended up making was a Might, how does that stack up in terms of population? I know its the FOTM, but is there a million of them running around now? I was also considering Infernal Supernatural or Bestial Supernatural .How does the Might population stack up to those two sets?

I am truly indecisive.
MMIGHT?!?!??!? YOU DID WHAT NOW?!???!?!!111111 :p

Yeah there are going to be a large number of might players if you decide to pvp between levels 1 - 20. After that it slowly curves down a bt, but might is the single most popular framework right now, followed by dual blades and defile toons.

I agree about the celestial thing, its like "oh another healer" but if I think about it I've only really seen one a day. TBH the rarest pure framework you'll see is archery followed by lazer sword based power armour.