PDA

View Full Version : Change to Quarry w/ Force Cascade

Archived Post
06-17-2010, 05:33 AM
Perhaps I'm missing something?

A few weeks ago, I switched over to Quarry on my Force Toon. I noticed that my Force Cascade would not initiate new stacks of Quarry, which was a real bummer since I was hoping it would let me spam a Cascade taps a little easier in PvE.

To compensate I actually replaced Force Blast with Gigabolt so I could proc Quarry easier with a spam attack that did AoE. Then relied on Quarry for the heal and the reduction to the rest of my powers including charging Force Cascade and using SparkStorm.

On Wednesday June 17, after the Serpent's Lair update, I am now seeing that Cascade is in fact initiating Quarry stacks.

Was I wrong before? Perhaps, though I think someone on another thread about Quarry confirmed that Cascade wouldn't initiate it. I think the description even said the AoE powers would not initiate new stacks.

Is this a bug?

Is this an undocumented change?
Such as Cascade being tagged as Ranged instead of AoE, or Quarry's restrictions being reduced?

Am I just missing it completely in the patch notes?

I'd love to drop Gigabolt and rely more on Force Cascade, and keep Quarry going without having to go back to Force Blast. But if this is a bug that's going to be rolled back I'd hold off.

I have enough END/INT without quarry to fully charge Cascade with a mostly-full energy bar and without Quarry, that's not the issue.

Archived Post
06-17-2010, 06:16 AM
I was using Quarry with FC a few weeks ago and it was working fine for me. I usually tend to tap a few force blasts before using FC to build up Quarry though so that my FCs are cheaper from the get go.

Archived Post
06-17-2010, 06:29 AM
Technically neither Cascade nor Gigabolt should be giving you Quarry stacks. Quarry is only supposed to proc off of Single Target attacks. Of course, so many powers are mistagged as single target when they affect an area, that what Quarry is supposed to do and what it actually does is very inconsistent. Example: Lead Tempest counts as a single target attack. Lol what?

Archived Post
06-17-2010, 06:57 AM
Chances are, after the Force Review, FC will no longer proc Quarry.

Archived Post
06-17-2010, 08:58 AM
FC always procced Quarry afaik, though admittedly I didn't go out of my way to test it each patch. FC is tagged Rangeddmg, along with Gigabolt, which is why the two of them benefitted from the old Catalyst (single target) items instead of Atomic (aoe) items.