PDA

View Full Version : Binding words to Powers

Archived Post
06-12-2010, 01:16 AM
So yea, as the title says. Is it possible to bind statements to my powers? So say i click 3 and activate the corresponding power, my character will say a small quote to appear in chat. It might sound like a noob question but it hasnt crossed my mind till i started designin my latest alt. Soooo anyone good with binds?

Archived Post
06-12-2010, 01:46 AM
This would get annoying really fast.

Archived Post
06-12-2010, 02:23 AM
lol Naw, only if your the one who uses it.

It would just really help me with my characters theme/style/rp

Archived Post
06-12-2010, 03:11 AM
Lol, its alright! i answered my own question!

/bind 3 "local Hello!"

Or somethin like that!

Archived Post
06-13-2010, 01:38 AM
is there a tag to make it run through random sayings that you can input?

Archived Post
06-13-2010, 02:11 AM
lol that would be awesome! but i do not think its possible...YET

Archived Post
06-14-2010, 08:39 AM
OK. I am a way harder thinker than doer :P

I came up with a concept of having one of my PCs say stuff when he used certain powers and having it change. I have never tried to implement it. In fact I've never done any keybinds yet for my characters. Laaaaazy.

1: Make a BUNCH of Local bind files MYCRUD1 through MYCRUD100 etc, all identical except:
2: Change the local speech bind to a different text string, add a /bind_load_file <PREVIOUS MYCRUD#+1>, at MYCRUD100 have it /bind_load-file <MYCRUD1>

This should have you say something, then load a new set of binds where you say something else, or nothing at all. Each press of your button loads a new keybind then moves on. I was going to have mine say something like every 4-5th time. I wondered how it would work :)

All the .txt files would go in your live folder.

Here's the keybinds FAQ

http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=81117

-S

Archived Post
06-16-2010, 10:55 PM
Lol thats some serious thinking power!

Well done lol, I find amusement in the think not do attitude, very cool! lol

So, I can have a character say it every say 4th time i use the power, instead of every time yea?