PDA

View Full Version : Adventure Packs : CONFIRMED

Archived Post
06-04-2010, 06:26 PM
VIPER and the Serpent Lantern, Luthor Black (DEMON) and the Qliphotic Realm, Techno Adventure Pack with a real Dr. Destroyer flavor and a Nemesis pack during which our Nems will team up.

... ... ...

Discuss!

EDIT : Source link for better visibility.

http://www.champions-online.com/node/594997

Archived Post
06-04-2010, 06:50 PM
Well I knew that Doc Destroyer, and Qliphothic and possibly DEMON were coming up, but the Nemesis one? Anyways, citation needed for source.

Archived Post
06-04-2010, 06:53 PM

Archived Post
06-04-2010, 06:58 PM
Didn't realize that was posted. Fascinating.

Archived Post
06-04-2010, 07:19 PM
By the way... It was only posted like 30 seconds before this thread was made. :)

Archived Post
06-04-2010, 07:41 PM
I reckon I like this. Looking forward to the new costumes as well.

Archived Post
06-04-2010, 07:57 PM

Nemesis'ssss teaming up sound brilliant! Me likes. :)

Archived Post
06-04-2010, 08:28 PM
New Nemesis stuff? AWESOME!

Archived Post
06-05-2010, 07:05 AM
Sad face at the PVP comment, btu at least its now on the to do list.

And my favourite enemies are next, I love DEMON, something about them makes it so fun to fight hordes of them. Probably the fact that some of their Henchmen are Hulk Sized and the big bosses of them are even bigger :D

Archived Post
06-05-2010, 07:07 AM
Remeber Mechcon in later later future! Tron pack people.... Tron pack... :D

Archived Post
06-05-2010, 07:13 AM
What is up with Tron pack.. you and melkathi.

Excited about the nemesis ones. I don't really care what they choose as theme for upcoming packs, I just want more NPC tactics passes.

Robot Cowboys need it badly. The fact that every MV does the same attacks regardless of name and model is dumb.

Archived Post
06-05-2010, 07:26 AM
Well, looks like Foxbat and Mechacon are going to be at the bottom of the pile. Thats too bad, but I do like that we're getting some Real Dr Destroyer action. I'm still betting on the Museum Currator :p

Archived Post
06-05-2010, 10:08 AM
Mechcon? Mechacon?! You mean Mechan--HAIL MECHANON!

I'm going to get lynched for reviving that meme, aren't I?

All of these adventure packs seem beguiling to me, looking forward to them.

Archived Post
06-05-2010, 10:24 AM
Here's to hoping this future Nemesis style adventure pack has a bit of Danton's Rogues Gallery thrown in!

Archived Post
06-05-2010, 12:51 PM
Remeber Mechcon in later later future! Tron pack people.... Tron pack... :D

Mechanons' gotta be different from the Dr D's Destroid giant robots invasion though, Perhaps a creative route via Micro Man and having it set at the microscopic level, shrinking down to rescue him from Mechanon's clutches at his computerised server city.

Archived Post
06-05-2010, 01:08 PM
Mechanons' gotta be different from the Dr D's Destroid giant robots invasion though, Perhaps a creative route via Micro Man and having it set at the microscopic level, shrinking down to rescue him from Mechanon's clutches at his computerised server city.

I'm sure our characters getting digitized and fighting him within a virtual world tron style will be different

Archived Post
06-05-2010, 01:11 PM
mmm, super power pack.......here is hoping for the missing powers they promised us....

Archived Post
06-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Must not have been around recently, sorudo. The "Super Power Pack" mainly consisted of the Melee pass and the split of Supernatural into Infernal and Bestial (with the addition of new powers to each set). Oh, and it happened last month, as per the "Ask Cryptic" article.

Here's to managing expectations for events that already passed. :p

Archived Post
06-05-2010, 02:08 PM
It's wonderful to see the diversity of themes in these different Packs. A "Lost Ark" hunt through dark jungles, a battle against wizards in the Qliphothic Realm, and a sciencey techno-thriller.

Also looking forward to the Nemesis one of course - though I hope they have the courage to feature our nemeses as the real bad guys this time. NemCon missed the mark when it made my Nemesis a spear carrier to Shadow D, doing nothing but chilling in a room guarding one of 5 door switches. :(

I could go on about the future of Nemesis content - but I'll save it for a more appropriate thread :)

I'll close by reiterating how happy I am to see such an assortment of settings and story elements in the upcoming Packs. This is exactly the kind of thing that will ultimately allow custom leveling paths for different kinds of characters, as well as keeping things fresh for level 40s.