PDA

View Full Version : Give us the option to turn off Passive defense FX's.

Archived Post
06-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Some(most) passive defense completely ruin our costumes.

People can't see my character when I have Electric form on. :(

It shouldn't be hard to allow us to switch them off the FX's without removing the powers from our power slots.

Archived Post
06-01-2010, 05:27 PM
The effect should be like enraged grow effect, 0 costing advantages.

Archived Post
06-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Or simply toggle it off in the same place/menu where you can change colors and emanation points.

Archived Post
06-01-2010, 05:42 PM
/signed

I'd like to see an option like this for the Nemesis system, too.

Archived Post
06-01-2010, 06:06 PM
I agree with this - just with powers generally, being able to turn fx off would be cool.

I don't know about programming, but I can't imagine that having an option to turn fx off is more difficult or resource consuming than having more and more complex fx, or more colour/emanation options on more powers, for example. Being able to turn fx off would make lots of concept builders very happy.

Point being, that you can then choose to have on only those fx on powers that are iconic wrt your concept. It would be ultra cool if there were more fx options and colour/emanation options on more powers, of course, but failing that, as a stopgap, being able to turn any and all existing fx off would be a great boon. I think a 0 point advantage sounds like a great way of doing it.

Archived Post
06-02-2010, 09:32 AM
/signed!

Aye, Aspect of the Beastial is one of my pet peeves, but really, so many defensive passives and such can really change the "Vibe" of your toon. My jet black furry panther is not supposed to look like cracked leather/stone of any color...for example.

Archived Post
06-02-2010, 09:39 AM
/Signed /signed and /signed again!!! :D

Archived Post
06-02-2010, 10:54 AM
Agreed.

/10char

Archived Post
06-03-2010, 05:33 AM
especially for the sorcery support passives

there are 6 support passives in game, and 4 require you to wield a mystic hula hoop

Archived Post
06-03-2010, 03:50 PM
I'm glad to see more agree.

This needs to stay up.

Archived Post
06-03-2010, 03:59 PM
Agree. Or have alternate effects. Most of my tanks use defiance instead of invuln because sparkles are theme breaking.

Archived Post
06-07-2010, 11:43 AM
Yes, please!

Archived Post
06-07-2010, 01:13 PM
I'm glad to see more agree.

This needs to stay up.

this!

Bump!

Archived Post
06-07-2010, 01:50 PM
this is like the 3rd thread dealing with this very topic. there's a surprising amount of resistance (mostly pvp related) in one of the other threads

Archived Post
06-07-2010, 07:00 PM
I don't mind that elemental forms kick in on combat and then fade away after the threat has passed. In fact, it seems rather cool. I don't like that since vibora ice form is now stuck on a perma-on fashion and it will CONSTANTLY leave the character stuck in a frosty form.

Electrical form doesn't deal with that.

Fire Form doesn't deal with that.

Ice is the redheaded stepchild of energy projection apparently.

Furthermore, beastial fury is a bit over the top, it looks like somene dumped a bucket of paint on my feral fighter. I wouldn't mind if you just did the swirly energy effects, it'd be distinct enough in PVP to eyeball who's using the toggle or not too.

In comparison, a lot of the defensive passives seem rather tame.

</rant>

Archived Post
06-08-2010, 04:52 AM
aspect of the bestial's fx choice always struck me as odd since there was such a clear preference for furry beasts over reptilian in both costume options and pre-bestial hype. the scales are a conceptual bottleneck

as for ice form, i always thoguht it'd be cool if it just gave you a cold exhalation fx