PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Bite?

Archived Post
05-21-2010, 10:01 AM
Hey, I've been looking into Single Blade for a particular concept change along with some build utility; and I'd like to know from someone who's familiar with Single Blade, how does Dragon Bite with Cull the Weak plays out against bigger targets? (Legendary and Cosmic mostly).

I've tried it on the dummy, and it does do massive damage when the target is below 25% health; which would be killer during the Qliphotic phase of Shadow Destroyer.

Regardless, any information regarding this power would be most welcome.

Thanks!

Archived Post
05-21-2010, 10:10 AM
Over the course of a battle, you'll get more benefit from Rank 3 of the power than you will Cull the Weak. Also, I think Dummies are ranked as Minions, even though their health is very high, so Cull the Weak is actually going to kill them once under 25%(thus not making for a particularly clear test; seems to be the story of a lot of Single Blade's mechanics). Really it's the same trade-off that's typically offered and almost never worth it: 20% more damage, or 30% more damage under some silly circumstance.

Archived Post
05-21-2010, 10:13 AM
Over the course of a battle, you'll get more benefit from Rank 3 of the power than you will Cull the Weak. Also, I think Dummies are ranked as Minions, even though their health is very high, so Cull the Weak is actually going to kill them once under 25%(thus not making for a particularly clear test; seems to be the story of a lot of Single Blade's mechanics). Really it's the same trade-off that's typically offered and almost never worth it: 20% more damage, or 30% more damage under some silly circumstance.

That Minion Dummy thing might explain a bit, I've seen it do around 5k after the initial application, unbuffed. The thing is, I run in a Might Tanking build, so most of my damage is currently fueled by Uppercut and Enraged stacks.