PDA

View Full Version : Warning about 'if you equip this item you won't be able to trade it'

Archived Post
05-18-2010, 01:46 AM
Is there any way to turn this pop-up warning off? Yes, I know it's a bind on equip item, I still want to equip it. Every time you ask me, I ALWAY want to equip it. So, please, stop asking me?? Please?

OK, I know it's pretty trivial but it's an annoyance......I've been through the various GUI menus and can't find a way to turn it off, or set it to 'always accept' or whatever. Is there an option to do this somewhere?

Thanks.

Archived Post
05-18-2010, 03:38 AM
It's sort of like the warning on a pack of nuts that the product may contain nuts. It's annoying but if you can disable it, someone will do it by accident or by bug. The QQ would be great...

Archived Post
05-18-2010, 10:54 AM
An alternative to a repetitive requester would be to have either a direct visual indication that an item is bound or not, or a system of visual indications that provide that information by context. The "wrapper" graphic suggestion I made for unbound special items (costume unlocks) was intended to work toward the latter type of system.

However, having a universal indicator, such as a simple dot or "pin" graphic indication in, for example, the lower left of bound items could suffice to give the user the necessary information without a requester. I also think that there should be some inventory sorting, management, and interface options associated with rarity, and the ability to turn the requester on above a certain threshold (including completely off if the graphical indication, or lack thereof, would warn the user) would make sense with that.

Archived Post
05-18-2010, 11:13 AM
Well, I'm one of those idiots that actually occationally clicks the wrong item and have had that pop up save me from a mistake... So I'm all for it...

It needs to remain, for ADD boys like me, if nothing else...

If they did add an option to turn it off (unlikely), they'd need to have a big warning message by it stating "Your doing this at your own risk and if you screw up we ain't reimbursing nuthin! So there!"

Only maybe phrased a little better...