PDA

View Full Version : FOTM..trends

Archived Post
05-04-2010, 09:41 AM
There for awhile the increase of the melting down powers have beenon the up swing slowly bumping the hated chainsaw.

Now there a new trend...more and more holds and getting gutted by swords
I have toons dropping like flys with over half life left.

So let me be first to say after this next patch....melee will need nerfed or range will need buffed,,,no joke here

Archived Post
05-04-2010, 09:46 AM
Bleh, just pick up teleport and use it the second they 'lock you down'. Problem solved. It's what I've been doing up until now, and nothing they've added stops that from working in the least.

And that goes for any type of opponent, not just melee. The second you can't move effectively, just teleport away and wait until all the snares and debuffs wear off.

Archived Post
05-04-2010, 09:46 AM
Perhaps you've been noticing being held more, but being held is hardly a new trend, it happens roughly a zillion times per match in T3 and T4.

Archived Post
05-04-2010, 09:48 AM
Bleh, just pick up teleport and use it the second they 'lock you down'. Problem solved. It's what I've been doing up until now, and nothing they've added stops that from working in the least.
Can't teleport if you're under travel power removal (added as an advantage to all the melee lunges), held, knocked down, or disabled. Some fraction of opponents will also be able to hit you while teleported, though this is more common in higher tiers.

Archived Post
05-04-2010, 09:52 AM
No it's not. Just keep mashing teleport. If it's up for even a moment (and it will be within 5 seconds at worst) you're gone.

And people being able to target you in teleport means bupkis unless you're a moron and don't move once you're in teleport. You can move at full speed as soon as you phase, so if you've got a brain, use it to zip around a corner while Mr. I-Can-See-You gets to trod along after at in combat speeds.

I've never had issues teleporting away, not even in T4 BASH.

Archived Post
05-04-2010, 10:08 AM
So my perception that more and more rooms are trending to melee sword attacks like blade breach and such is just me being confused.....

Did anyone read the trend part of my open?

Archived Post
05-04-2010, 10:11 AM
ive been noticing a trend too... everyone wants the power that is killling them nerfed and use the "devs nerf this" as an "I win" button. Just a pattern ive been noticing.

Archived Post
05-04-2010, 10:14 AM
Imo nerf nothing buff str and might. K thx!

Archived Post
05-04-2010, 10:17 AM
So yet try this in crayon.

What trends have been noticing?

Archived Post
05-04-2010, 10:23 AM
So yet try this in crayon.

What trends have been noticing?

Looking for your next copy and paste FOTM build?

Archived Post
05-04-2010, 10:29 AM
If the Ego Bladers are too much, get one of Force Eruption/Sparkstorm, a +50% paranormal defense item, and a +100% hold resist item.

Particle Mine can help as well - they hate it when your held and they come running up, only to be bounced back 30'.
Evasive Maneuvers is also very nice.

At higher levels, you'll probably want an active defense and an active defense.

Archived Post
05-04-2010, 10:32 AM
looks like ego blades are still crazy EBB + ego form + collective will was op now add form of the unleashed tempest in brawler role and ur in trouble

Archived Post
05-04-2010, 10:33 AM

You're off on Paladin573. He'll try any power, and is a very good sport (except when it came to the Smiths).

Archived Post
05-04-2010, 10:35 AM
I'll tell you the one I expect to see - FireForm with a Devour Essence/Heatwave combo. I think that's going to be a really tough one.

Archived Post
05-04-2010, 10:35 AM

Pulling teeth here to get a conversation going,

Trend 1 more and more alpha strike sword type attacks
Trend 2 more aNd mroe heaLers ...healers on both sides and 2 heaLers on one side...3 one one side in a matcb

Archived Post
05-04-2010, 10:36 AM
I'll tell you the one I expect to see - FireForm with a Devour Essence/Heatwave combo. I think that's going to be a really tough one.
Eh. Fire Form + Devour Essence looks tasty, but if you've hit someone with heatwave and they didn't die, just conflag them to death, the 100% debuff from escalating flames buffs conflagration damage.

Archived Post
05-04-2010, 10:39 AM
The T2 healers are brutal. Most of my toons are to T3 or T4 now (9 and 4, respectively). I wish more people would queue for T3, but I'm having fun in T4 and I've had enough of trying to take down Recky's Laffy toons. For any more toons passing through T2, I'm going to have to temporarily put Electrocute and Haymaker on them just for him. No offense to Recky, who's a good sport, but I play 95% with pugs, and you can't organize them.

Archived Post
05-04-2010, 10:40 AM

On test I killed people by just spamming devour essence and a root. It didn't matter what they were.

Archived Post
05-04-2010, 10:47 AM
On test I killed people by just spamming devour essence and a root. It didn't matter what they were.

It fits well with Ice Form too, though I think I prefer Fire Form.
Devour Essence + Dex Crits + Supernatural Power, oh my.

And they haven't ripped Aspect of the Celestial from my two toons that had it. I'll be interested in seeing how they deal with that.

Archived Post
05-04-2010, 10:52 AM
It's the new chainsaw, with a heal built right in! From both being on the recieving and giving end I have to say why should I do anything but root and spam that sucker from start to finish?

Archived Post
05-04-2010, 10:54 AM
It's the new chainsaw, with a heal built right in! From both being on the recieving and giving end I have to say why should I do anything but root and spam that sucker from start to finish?

I was absolutely stunned when I saw the list of improvements to it. All it needed was the fix to the root of Phlebotomist.

Archived Post
05-04-2010, 10:58 AM
I was actually trying that combo on test last night, used iceform + aspect + brawler role to increase dmage of devour was ticking 1048 dmg. combine it with transfusion or CoA and you can keep that sucker up indefinetly. Only problem is that its really easy to interrupt, really easy.

Archived Post
05-04-2010, 10:59 AM
The T2 healers are brutal. Most of my toons are to T3 or T4 now (9 and 4, respectively). I wish more people would queue for T3, but I'm having fun in T4 and I've had enough of trying to take down Recky's Laffy toons. For any more toons passing through T2, I'm going to have to temporarily put Electrocute and Haymaker on them just for him. No offense to Recky, who's a good sport, but I play 95% with pugs, and you can't organize them.

I working on getting my 3 T3 toons doable. .2 more breaking onto the t3 ranks.

Miss Page scares me

Dummy yjimh mu super that I changed to quarry and killer instinct with sniper rifle has had my best match so far 8 to 3...lets not talk about the others

Archived Post
05-04-2010, 11:02 AM
It fits well with Ice Form too, though I think I prefer Fire Form.
Devour Essence + Dex Crits + Supernatural Power, oh my.

Yeah, here's a plan - Dex/Pre build, FireForm, Devour Essence, Unleashed Tempest form (because DE is melee), Parry with Elusive Monk (......because DE is melee....), and BCR with advantage. You'll be critting and healing like no one has before, and lolling off into the sunset.

Archived Post
05-04-2010, 11:14 AM
I was actually trying that combo on test last night, used iceform + aspect + brawler role to increase dmage of devour was ticking 1048 dmg. combine it with transfusion or CoA and you can keep that sucker up indefinetly. Only problem is that its really easy to interrupt, really easy.

I still have the old Aspect of the Celestial on two toons, I wonder how many others do. How would you like to see ticks like that, and the occasional defensive boost of +150-450%?

It's probably a good thing it can be interrupted.

Archived Post
05-04-2010, 11:17 AM
You're off on Paladin573. He'll try any power, and is a very good sport (except when it came to the Smiths).

Indeed he is... didnt even get offended at either of my comments. Good on him.

As for Trends... its too early to really say, this patch changes a lot about the game, but I expect to see a ton more furries in pvp. :eek:

Archived Post
05-04-2010, 11:22 AM
^^ lol winz

Archived Post
05-04-2010, 11:26 AM
Indeed he is... didnt even get offended at either of my comments. Good on him.

As for Trends... its too early to really say, this patch changes a lot about the game, but I expect to see a ton more furries in pvp. :eek:

You're going to like my new costume...

Archived Post
05-04-2010, 11:27 AM
You're going to like my new costume...

I dunno tho did you see the might changes? Those give me some meager hope for my ex main.

Archived Post
05-04-2010, 11:41 AM
I dunno tho did you see the might changes? Those give me some meager hope for my ex main.

I saw them. I'm staying slotted Defiance. Will add the clobber advantage to imitate CoH rage management. I'll add the enrage hot, too.

Not having to give in and reach out for out-of-framework survival solutions makes me happy.

Archived Post
05-04-2010, 11:49 AM
I saw them. I'm staying slotted Defiance. Will add the clobber advantage to imitate CoH rage management. I'll add the enrage hot, too.

Not having to give in and reach out for out-of-framework survival solutions makes me happy.

Yeah I'm not thinkin my might guy will be really viable now for pvp but he might be fun for pve and ok in a team pvp map. We'll see tho who knows.

Archived Post
05-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Haymaker: Moved to Tier 3.
Haymaker: Damage/cost increased.
Haymaker: Nullifying Punch: No longer stacks.

Man, Haymaker was awesome before the melee pass, and they just keep tearing it down. What the heck happened?

Archived Post
05-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Trends? I'm sure there's gonna be a million dual blade folk now with the changes, this makes me sad. Here I am getting accused as one of the hop-ons when i've been suffering with that set since like beta :mad: there's gonna be some blood gettin spilt.

I also notice a lot of ice cages. Surprised this took so long, its a great way to keep someone from charging/maintaining anything

Archived Post
05-04-2010, 06:19 PM
I retconned my main into a bestial toon with enrage, and while it's very very meh in PvP, in PvE......

Well, let's just say I'm gonna go solo Shadow D. later.

Archived Post
05-04-2010, 06:41 PM
Remember back in the day when I said "Haymaker gunna get narfed" and everybody was like "lol urdumb".

Archived Post
05-04-2010, 06:45 PM

Trends? I'm sure there's gonna be a million dual blade folk now with the changes, this makes me sad. Here I am getting accused as one of the hop-ons when i've been suffering with that set since like beta :mad: there's gonna be some blood gettin spilt.

I also notice a lot of ice cages. Surprised this took so long, its a great way to keep someone from charging/maintaining anything

Strange that there were matches with ic@e e erywhere,,,then no more ice now it does seem tobe trending back....good trending point

Archived Post
05-04-2010, 06:53 PM
Haymaker: Moved to Tier 3.
Haymaker: Damage/cost increased.
Haymaker: Nullifying Punch: No longer stacks.

Man, Haymaker was awesome before the melee pass, and they just keep tearing it down. What the heck happened?

So now we. Have someone. To blame. ...thanks
The heymaker trend was on the rise. I even. Gave it a shot or 2

Archived Post
05-04-2010, 07:39 PM
My bad guys.

My bad!

Archived Post
05-04-2010, 08:38 PM
My bad guys.

My bad!

Well don't sweat it.. you're actually 1 of the few people that I will pay attention to.

Archived Post
05-05-2010, 12:14 AM
Well they totally broke Defiance on PvE mobs, did they break it on players too?

Any of you Defiance users suddenly taking almost no damage?

Archived Post
05-05-2010, 12:34 AM

I played stronghold tonight with a Defiance toon and he could definitely be hurt.

Archived Post
05-05-2010, 12:35 AM

lol no I'm taking a crapload. I want the pve version thx.

Archived Post
05-05-2010, 01:02 AM
*sigh* If we're lucky they'll fix it when they do the AH. Bloodgorgers are just kicking my butt, even as I two shot Immortals right next to them.

Bludhound was an absolute pain too.

Archived Post
05-05-2010, 01:03 AM
you guyz wanna make out?

Archived Post
05-05-2010, 01:44 AM

Sorry :(

But right now, a tenacious healer (e.g. Winston Churchkill) on the other team is easily a bigger threat to me than being double teamed and Electrocuted.

Archived Post
05-05-2010, 06:18 AM
I keep seeing ranged player complaining about how OP melee is now. Then I run into them in bash or zombie apoc and they're using electrocute/mez, UA, or imbued X/Y/Z. And I lol. God I lol so hard.

Archived Post
05-05-2010, 09:27 AM
I keep seeing ranged player complaining about how OP melee is now. Then I run into them in bash or zombie apoc and they're using electrocute/mez, UA, or imbued X/Y/Z. And I lol. God I lol so hard.
Well, that's because only ranged should be OP, you know? Melee is pretty ridiculous now, but lots of other stuff is ridiculous too (hey, my healer can be killed by a melee character now! What's with that?)

Archived Post
05-05-2010, 11:20 AM
Well, that's because only ranged should be OP, you know? Melee is pretty ridiculous now, but lots of other stuff is ridiculous too (hey, my healer can be killed by a melee character now! What's with that?)

lol. I was punching the turrets in stronghold last night, and i could actually see the damage bar moving down. :D

that's a first.

Archived Post
05-05-2010, 12:50 PM
I massacred an ego blader in the face and won against the EBB taps earlier, if only barely.

I'm pretty sure his toon actually had a 'suprised' animation on it's face as it died. Then the game deleted itself from his computer or something.

So yeah. Melee is doin' okay now, as long as you build right.

Archived Post
05-05-2010, 12:51 PM
all the melee players has brought out of hiding a couple of PA/Giga builds that turn people from alive to dead in under 3 seconds.

PvP, still in its golden era

Archived Post
05-05-2010, 02:18 PM
all the melee players has brought out of hiding a couple of PA/Giga builds that turn people from alive to dead in under 3 seconds.

PvP, still in its golden era

That'd what must be ******g me right npe heavy ttend

Archived Post
05-05-2010, 06:09 PM
I think it made it worse, actually. Just adding more raw damage making matches over way too fast. Meelee should be boosted but its silly now-they do so much damage they can tear through you in seconds. And the patch solved little-people still use elec and it still seems busted, they still use giga, but the other powersets are falling further behind.

Good luck being a sigil user now, or using circles.

Archived Post
05-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Yeah, pretty much. It's either you're using one of the known "broken" ranged combos or you're a free meal.

I'll admit, though, that I haven't played my ranged much in PvP since the patch. I get the impression, though, that my squishy offensive characters won't much enjoy it...

Archived Post
05-05-2010, 10:27 PM
I'll admit, though, that I haven't played my ranged much in PvP since the patch. I get the impression, though, that my squishy offensive characters won't much enjoy it...
Well, if you can ambush people, you still can.

Archived Post
05-05-2010, 11:25 PM
I seriously recommend tp for any ranged at this point. Melee damage is actually balanced against ranged. Which, considering what you can do with ranged, means any offensive ranged passive is toast. Toast toast toast.

Archived Post
05-06-2010, 12:57 AM
I seriously recommend tp for any ranged at this point. Melee damage is actually balanced against ranged. Which, considering what you can do with ranged, means any passive ranged passive is toast. Toast toast toast.

Yo defenses can't repel firepower of this magnitude either!

Archived Post
05-06-2010, 03:10 AM
So many bad melee players now a days, it's really tough to tell who is a threat if they aren't the usual PvPers. It's not as skill-less as the Giga builds they came from where all they had to do was spam 1 button and it's noticeable.

Knockback resistance is definitely not fixed, and unless you are a veteran PvPer I wouldn't recommend trying it out, one force eruption pretty much makes builds 100% focused on melee pointless.

Archived Post
05-06-2010, 03:20 AM
So many bad melee players now a days, it's really tough to tell who is a threat if they aren't the usual PvPers. It's not as skill-less as the Giga builds they came from where all they had to do was spam 1 button and it's noticeable.

Knockback resistance is definitely not fixed, and unless you are a veteran PvPer I wouldn't recommend trying it out, one force eruption pretty much makes builds 100% focused on melee pointless.

Just pack some knockback resistance gear. It's not great, but it'll do the job. At least until they fix it so STR actually DOES something against knockbacks.

Archived Post
05-06-2010, 03:26 AM
Just pack some knockback resistance gear. It's not great, but it'll do the job. At least until they fix it so STR actually DOES something against knockbacks.

Wear as much as you like, its countered by STR. I was firing FC in ZA yesterday that made people hit the roof of the map, getting them stuck as if they hit the Stronghold ceiling. +200 feet of knockback, resist 50% of that if you like, its not going to help.

Archived Post
05-06-2010, 03:36 AM
Wear as much as you like, its countered by STR. I was firing FC in ZA yesterday that made people hit the roof of the map, getting them stuck as if they hit the Stronghold ceiling. +200 feet of knockback, resist 50% of that if you like, its not going to help.

Which makes no sense, and I have a force toon. Why does STR boost ranged KB? If they want Force KB to scale with something, it should be EGO. EGO already boosts intangible breakfree - it could be the stat to boost intangible KB as well. Or only make STR boost it if you're in melee range.

Archived Post
05-06-2010, 03:45 AM
Which makes no sense, and I have a force toon. Why does STR boost ranged KB? If they want Force KB to scale with something, it should be EGO. EGO already boosts intangible breakfree - it could be the stat to boost intangible KB as well. Or only make STR boost it if you're in melee range.

I don't know, but if EGO effected it, I would be really happy. Having to maintain STR on a ranged character really takes away from some essential stats. I can only imagine how far a FC from a +300 STR player would send someone. All they would have to do is put toxic nanites on the FC to finish the job when their target lands with 1 hp.

Archived Post
05-06-2010, 04:43 AM

Str doesn't help the victim. Nor does KB resist. KB is borked, the resistances don't work, + a number of powers completely ignore it.

Archived Post
05-06-2010, 04:49 AM
yeah i though there was supposed to be a 2 second kb immunity with the new patch...however playing says otherwise

Archived Post
05-06-2010, 05:00 AM
I think maybe I was just getting the special crowd last night, but I had a couple of melee in the T2 cage that REALLY wanted me dead for some reason. So on with elec form, down with the storm sigils, and...

It was like watching mosquitos around a bug zapper at a fourth of july bbq. Scary.

Archived Post
05-06-2010, 05:20 AM

ermm...whut?

Archived Post
05-06-2010, 11:36 AM
yeah i though there was supposed to be a 2 second kb immunity with the new patch...however playing says otherwise

There is, just it seems to be buggy and affected by lag. I have noticed several times getting a slight knockback then ignoring a FC knockback entirely though, so it DOES work. It's just not great.

If they'd fix normal resistances it would be fine.

I think maybe I was just getting the special crowd last night, but I had a couple of melee in the T2 cage that REALLY wanted me dead for some reason. So on with elec form, down with the storm sigils, and...

It was like watching mosquitos around a bug zapper at a fourth of july bbq. Scary.

Yeah, those are silly against melee. Had someone in BASH putting them down and then sitting in them, had to go 'I'm not walking INTO the sigils so you come down here first!' I mean, I think sigils are fine, but when there are only two of us, I'm not going to walk into the minefield first. :p

Well that and he was sitting on a roof and knockbacked me off every time I went up there, so mean.

Archived Post
05-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Yeah, those are silly against melee. Had someone in BASH putting them down and then sitting in them, had to go 'I'm not walking INTO the sigils so you come down here first!'
That's what chain/vile lasso is for (on both sides; melee to yank campers out, ranged to yank people in so they can be properly ganked).

Archived Post
05-06-2010, 12:20 PM
I know, but those aren't really thematic for my vampire 'vv'

Archived Post
05-06-2010, 02:11 PM
I wonder if I could con my archer into using the lariat summon. Storm magics are one thing...giant chains of death and damnation are entirely different. Summon, root, /e toasts marshmallows seems kinda fun, though. At least in my brain.

Archived Post
05-06-2010, 02:38 PM
I know, but those aren't really thematic for my vampire 'vv'

Oh we totally need this sweet vampire pull/hold:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLdBmPAJ6sQ#t=2m03s

Archived Post
05-06-2010, 03:54 PM
have you tried tractor beam R3? lolz.

it sucks, but fun to use on unknowing peeps.

Archived Post
05-06-2010, 09:59 PM
>.> If tractor beam is what I think it is, I hadn't seen it at all until tonight. Pretty neat, and kinda funny because it made me feel like a kid in one of those bungee harnesses while I was trying to get the heck away from the four 4w guys chasing me.

Archived Post
05-07-2010, 12:02 PM
ermm...whut?

Yeah, and those test dummies wont do anything but stand still while you cast them. Thing is while you are going through the cast animation, with explosive sigils you need to be in meelee range to not waste them. Meanwhile if they see you, they are doing damage that makes ego blade breech seem gimp when they aren't using holds or knockback to end your cast.

it was tricky before with ranged knockback and moderate damage meelee knockup, and the various open arenas. Now there's not much point imo since meelee is probably more efficient than sigils for damage output in many areas.

Archived Post
05-07-2010, 12:12 PM
it was tricky before with ranged knockback and moderate damage meelee knockup, and the various open arenas. Now there's not much point imo since meelee is probably more efficient than sigils for damage output in many areas.
Sigils are still pretty ridiculous. All you have to do is Ego Hold someone (particularly annoying since you can cast it while moving) and put down the sigils. BAM, dead hero.

These annoy me in particular because they have no activation time when they attack, which means they are literally undodgeable, even with my LR character's 250% dodge chance with Masterful Dodge activated. Silly bugs.

Archived Post
05-07-2010, 12:50 PM
Yeah, and those test dummies wont do anything but stand still while you cast them. Thing is while you are going through the cast animation, with explosive sigils you need to be in meelee range to not waste them. Meanwhile if they see you, they are doing damage that makes ego blade breech seem gimp when they aren't using holds or knockback to end your cast.

Agreed that melee provides more efficient single target dps and is much better for dueling someone.

However, Vixy is having a great time killing 3-4 people at the same time right now. Especially since those people tend to be melee and bunch up when fighting each other :)

Archived Post
05-07-2010, 02:55 PM
However, Vixy is having a great time killing 3-4 people at the same time right now. Especially since those people tend to be melee and bunch up when fighting each other :)
It's surprisingly easy to hit melee players with an orbital cannon strike.

Archived Post
05-07-2010, 03:59 PM
ermm...whut?
So, you dropped the storm sigils, or you have both and use storm for PVE and arcane for PVP?

Hmm, my fiery form build with more PRE then you(yes, I am just guessing, but Im 99% sure it is:p) cannot get passed 3K per, but is only using one buff with them, immolate. Still one hits offensive users if I hold them first and drop them point blank, but its not the crazy damage you get. I must say I'm slightly curious, but don't post that combo on forums or they will be everywhere :eek:.

I'm only using Immolate+sigils, and last I checked before hit buffs like nanites and device don't buff their damage.

Lol its a 1.3s cast and not easily interruptible. Even a weak hold is enough to drop them, and they won't pop until something gets in range or the 25sec timer runs out.

They can be used defensively to keep a melee'er from rushing you as well. Also, if you are really mean, you can add a pull to drop them around yourself as a shield and yank them into the middle. Even worst? Cast them in a corner so they all spawn stacked, and THEN pull someone into range for a big boom.

So many nasty tricks with sigils.

Archived Post
05-07-2010, 05:14 PM
So, you dropped the storm sigils, or you have both and use storm for PVE and arcane for PVP?

Hmm, my fiery form build with more PRE then you(yes, I am just guessing, but Im 99% sure it is:p) cannot get passed 3K per, but is only using one buff with them, immolate. Still one hits offensive users if I hold them first and drop them point blank, but its not the crazy damage you get. I must say I'm slightly curious, but don't post that combo on forums or they will be everywhere :eek:

Ya you def have more PRE than Vixy. Vixy is REC/CON/INT or REC/INT/CON and those numbers are with Regen :D

Dropped the Stormy's but Vixy might go back to them. As for the combo, no Vixy won't be posting that one since it's a 50k burst vs stationary bosses and/or cosmics and Vixy has not quite exhausted their loot tables yet .

Vixy will give ya a hint though: INT is your friend :)

Archived Post
05-07-2010, 06:46 PM

Nanobot Swarm is probably part of it. I'll guess something I've never tried personally:
Immolation -> Imbue -> Nanobot Swarm -> Imbue

Archived Post
05-07-2010, 10:49 PM
No offense, but i hear a lot of talking about sigs, but i rarely if ever see them used in t4 the times i play. Its actualy getting annoying because its all meelee and ranged spiked dps. I dont even see healers anymore, because they can't heal fast enough anyways, and they cant do the burst dps.

i tried using em in t3, and even then youd get dropped pretty fast. i dont think its easy at all to boost them to comparable damage compared to meelee, and multitarget is not as much an issue in many matches.

As for the 1.3 sec cast its more than that, idk what you are talking about. You arent counting the long deadzone after the progress bar fills and you complete the animation, during which any knockback starts the cooldown without generating sigils.

Archived Post
05-07-2010, 11:12 PM
Except you can cast sigils while moving as well, by abusing the animation. Unlike Cascade or whatever, sigils don't have a target. So you can charge somoene, hop or even just turn off your travel power, and charge the sigils while you move in. Time it right and you dump them on the target instantly.

It's not hard to do, and was a trick I used regularly on my healer.

Archived Post
05-08-2010, 09:31 AM
No offense, but i hear a lot of talking about sigs, but i rarely if ever see them used in t4 the times i play. Its actualy getting annoying because its all meelee and ranged spiked dps. I dont even see healers anymore, because they can't heal fast enough anyways, and they cant do the burst dps.

i tried using em in t3, and even then youd get dropped pretty fast. i dont think its easy at all to boost them to comparable damage compared to meelee, and multitarget is not as much an issue in many matches.

As for the 1.3 sec cast its more than that, idk what you are talking about. You arent counting the long deadzone after the progress bar fills and you complete the animation, during which any knockback starts the cooldown without generating sigils.

I included the delay.

No other skill can get multi-kills like a good sigil build. Follow up with conflag right after casting and it is downright devastating...

Sigils are a melee builds worst enemy. Can't get close enough to destroy them or attack the caster without absorbing huge amounts of damage.

I'd be glad to show you their effectiveness in game if you'd like.

Archived Post
05-08-2010, 09:48 AM
I included the delay.

No other skill can get multi-kills like a good sigil build. Follow up with conflag right after casting and it is downright devastating...

Sigils are a melee builds worst enemy. Can't get close enough to destroy them or attack the caster without absorbing huge amounts of damage.

^^^ sigils are wins.

Archived Post
05-08-2010, 12:15 PM
Ya you def have more PRE than Vixy. Vixy is REC/CON/INT or REC/INT/CON and those numbers are with Regen :D

Dropped the Stormy's but Vixy might go back to them. As for the combo, no Vixy won't be posting that one since it's a 50k burst vs stationary bosses and/or cosmics and Vixy has not quite exhausted their loot tables yet .

Aww I have like 15 int :(

YGPM :D

Archived Post
05-08-2010, 11:16 PM
I included the delay.

yeah why dont you do that sometime. i dont have a pure meelee at 40, just a concept rp char now, so msg me in game. i'll watch a bash or something.

Archived Post
05-10-2010, 03:10 AM
I have a sigil character in T3. Couple it with a hold and you have all day to buff and drop them. They are the characters only means of attack and he does fairly well in UTC even for a level 22. I dueled a Regen, Resurgence, Devouring Essence spammer that was my level and still took him out.

I am not sure if INT really contributes to the overall damage outside of being my SS, but its pretty essential for the recharge time not just on the sigil but everything you use to buff them.

And in T4 storm sigils plus iron cyclone is FotM now, and used quite often by many people.

Archived Post
05-10-2010, 03:44 AM
Iron Cyclone is broken atm, resistance issues, so expect that to end soon.

Also, the counter to sigil builds is to just attack them and burst em down before they can drop the sigils, since the ones that actually do a lot of damage with them are fairly squishy.

Why it annoys me when I'm fighting 1v1 with a sigil user and they complain I just sit there and watch them when they stand in the sigils, then jump them when they leave them. WELL DUH.

It's fine to do that, but don't complain when I won't jump in the minefield, and just wait it out.

Archived Post
05-10-2010, 04:02 AM
They don't need to be squishy, I am not sure if fire form contributes to their damage (I never tested it). They also don't have to be exclusively used by support. My sigil user is CON/INT with defiance and 2-3 sigils is enough to kill a CON SS player in T3, 5 sigils can probably take out a CON with a defensive passive, and the damage is far from finished when it comes to buffing. I may not get them to 10k by 40, but I pretty confident I can get them to +6k on a player. They already do 2k each at 22.

I built a durable sigil dropper because the first hold I do will probably result in an active defense, so you need to out last your cooldowns because they will all be up before another active defense of your target is available. The sigils plus buffs cooldown well under 30 secs with an INT SS.

Also a sure fire way to counter a sigil dropper is look for the casting animation then use a knockback(IInexorable Tides, Roomsweeper, Force Eruption, even Ice Cage). You'll interrupt the casting but still put them on cooldown.

Archived Post
05-10-2010, 05:14 AM
Another thing with the sigils, and we'll see if it lasts - people seem to never target them. I guess it's because you don't need to target other pets. Any time a toon with a strong ranged AoE (Force Cascade, Conflag, etc) sees some enemy sigils down in a good location, they should take a couple out.

Archived Post
05-10-2010, 10:22 AM
I try to kill off at least a few sigils when I see someone setting up an asplodey trap. Tab+tap, tab+tap... It doesn't help your kill count at all, but it does help mitigate for the team.

Also, I HATE when the other team has someone that's actually paying attention to what my sigil droppers are doing. *cry* Staring at that 30 second cooldown after I've prepped my trap makes me die a little inside. Then, usually, I die a LOT on the outside. How dare you play intelligently, sirs! (And misses.)

Archived Post
05-10-2010, 10:34 AM
I try to kill off at least a few sigils when I see someone setting up an asplodey trap. Tab+tap, tab+tap... It doesn't help your kill count at all, but it does help mitigate for the team.

Also, I HATE when the other team has someone that's actually paying attention to what my sigil droppers are doing. *cry* Staring at that 30 second cooldown after I've prepped my trap makes me die a little inside. Then, usually, I die a LOT on the outside. How dare you play intelligently, sirs! (And misses.)

Question: If you interrupt someone while they are casting explosive sigils, do they backfire and damage the caster? I ask this because in a UTC Lava game the other day, I was fooling around throwing debris at the opposing team, and twice while a player was trying to cast sigils I hit them with a rock. They got knocked back, took damage from the rock, then took another 5x600 damage from themselves somehow...I checked the combat log and it just said:

"<SigilPlayer> does 568 damage to <SigilPlayer>"
"<SigilPlayer> does 607 damage to <SigilPlayer>"

5 times in the log. The rock I threw actually 1-shot them from about 85% HP...

Archived Post
05-10-2010, 11:20 AM
Question: If you interrupt someone while they are casting explosive sigils, do they backfire and damage the caster? I ask this because in a UTC Lava game the other day, I was fooling around throwing debris at the opposing team, and twice while a player was trying to cast sigils I hit them with a rock. They got knocked back, took damage from the rock, then took another 5x600 damage from themselves somehow...I checked the combat log and it just said:

"<SigilPlayer> does 568 damage to <SigilPlayer>"
"<SigilPlayer> does 607 damage to <SigilPlayer>"

5 times in the log. The rock I threw actually 1-shot them from about 85% HP...

Ahh maybe that's what I did the other day then. I one shot a dude with a rock and I was like lulwut.

Archived Post
05-10-2010, 12:08 PM
Weird! I've never had that happen to me, but I feel the need to test it now. That would be both crazy cool and crazy annoying, if true.

Archived Post
05-12-2010, 06:57 AM
Might is finally a capable PvP build and whiners start bit^&*ng...amazing. Guess what...don't get hit...it still gets hard to hit people if you actually move.

Archived Post
05-12-2010, 10:14 AM
Wait. Move? You want me to move? But in PvE I don't have to move. I just stand there and shoot at the mans. Why should PvP be any different?

I am immobile, like the Maginot Line (sp?), only with healy lasers instead of backwards-pointing artillery.

Archived Post
05-12-2010, 10:23 AM
Hey, the Maginot line totally prevented the enemy from leaving the country for a while once they went around it and took over. It was Pretty Cool (tm).

Archived Post
05-12-2010, 12:41 PM
Eye beams FTW. This is the FOTY power ;)

Archived Post
05-12-2010, 12:48 PM
DEX+EGO and Beatdown with advantage + a snare/root and one coruscating might proc item is the FOTM.

Archived Post
05-12-2010, 01:31 PM
My fave attack on sigil users is crippling tides sweep. Works almost every time.

Just watch for the animaition..."I'm casting myyyy....Oooofff!" whoopsie, there goes the cooldown :D

Once you see someone using them, you know who they are and what they will most likely do when your're in melee range...

Archived Post
05-12-2010, 05:19 PM
My fave attack on sigil users is crippling tides sweep. Works almost every time.

Just watch for the animaition..."I'm casting myyyy....Oooofff!" whoopsie, there goes the cooldown :D

Once you see someone using them, you know who they are and what they will most likely do when your're in melee range...

Lol XD

That is why I don't even really bother with heatwave anymore, unless I hold them with a normal hold first(so the heatwave hold kicks in after they break free).

Archived Post
05-16-2010, 09:47 PM
I will be the first troll, this melee patch has ruined the game IMO,
I will run don the hole list we will just take a few . Right or wrong now when my electric moves around and finds a victim that I know will be kill or a major hurt on the toon and the run away. Sure my elctrobwas up there but now thing like this.... I dfop to spot to electricute the tune....he is held I fire eb take a few steps unleash th arc on tbe toon. Then bam I snared ok happen before start smacking z tbin poof the ninja the tiger guy wipes out his swords an in less then second my gu drops...drops to zero with full points....T2 one shoted....I mean one stabed. Again and again

The trend is being one stabed by melee....if your toon deepened on a maint attack or charge beware.

3 of my 4 topped played has become knife sharppners....the the did ok was my sniper teleporter.

I just don't think this is how it was suppose to turnout.....stc wtk and the hated chainsaw never wrecked the game to point where thereless choices?

Just look at the # Qing up,,,,less healer....just sword carrying you name it

Archived Post
05-16-2010, 10:30 PM
I will be the first troll, this melee patch has ruined the game IMO,
I will run don the hole list we will just take a few . Right or wrong now when my electric moves around and finds a victim that I know will be kill or a major hurt on the toon and the run away. Sure my elctrobwas up there but now thing like this.... I dfop to spot to electricute the tune....he is held I fire eb take a few steps unleash th arc on tbe toon. Then bam I snared ok happen before start smacking z tbin poof the ninja the tiger guy wipes out his swords an in less then second my gu drops...drops to zero with full points....T2 one shoted....I mean one stabed. Again and again

The trend is being one stabed by melee....if your toon deepened on a maint attack or charge beware.

3 of my 4 topped played has become knife sharppners....the the did ok was my sniper teleporter.

I just don't think this is how it was suppose to turnout.....stc wtk and the hated chainsaw never wrecked the game to point where thereless choices?

Just look at the # Qing up,,,,less healer....just sword carrying you name it

Come to T4 where your range builds will be mature enough to get some kills against these meleers. Even healers are still imba up here.

Archived Post
05-17-2010, 05:12 AM
Come to T4 where your range builds will be mature enough to get some kills against these meleers. Even healers are still imba up here.

*nods*, T4 is not as borked as the lower tiers.

Honestly the lower tier Hero Games are just a source of EXP for me...in general the only people their are real noobs trying to enjoy the game, and the queued specialized teams farming them.

T4 is the "real" PvP, where you have a lot more options offensively and defensively, and do not have to worry as much about "unkillable" builds. My noob toon was doing T2 for exp yesterday and would take a long time to kill, even 3,4,or 5 v 1. Twice the hp as almost everyone else there, and takes 1-10 dmg through blocks. He just has garbage whites and yellows, no active defensives, etc.

Offense does not scale as fast as defense, so a pimped out defiance or regen build is very hard to kill early on.

Archived Post
05-17-2010, 08:31 AM
I prefer being limited to sigils/electrocute/chainsaw gauntlet for a pvp build.

I prefered it when the game was nothing but tank mages safely hitting each other with foam bats.

I prefered it when only Force/Elec/Tk were viable sets.

I prefered it when smokebomb reduced endurance to nothing.

I prefered it when the martial arts category would have been better off labeled "thunderbolt lunge + stuff".

I prefered it when the tier 1 skill force eruption made you immune to melee.

I prefered it when active defences were god mode for 15seconds.

I prefered it when the only danger came from someone floating 100feet in the air behind you waiting to 1shot you in bash, as opposed to standing directly infront of you within 10feet.

I prefered it when i didnt have to move, care about being ganked, worry about line of sight or generally give half a damn about what my enemy was doing, because the game style was entirely proactive with the only reactive elements being "click md" followed a few seconds later possibly by "teleport".

Archived Post
05-17-2010, 08:53 AM
To be fair, a good healer is plenty imba in lower tiers. Sure, they don't get a lot of kills, but they can be a PITA for the other team.

Archived Post
05-17-2010, 08:53 AM

You obviously have blocked out some memories about stc. The counter was to have regen and teleport. And the counter to minidrive was to not queue for T3.

You want to mess with melee, besides the obvious (KB, Snares, Holds, Sigils and Force Eruption/Sparkstorm), here's some powers to know:
Thunderbolt Lunge (roots them, hops out of roots, and gives you unpredictable movement)
Evasive Maneuvers (hops out of roots, and gives you unpredictable movement, adv removes you as a target for 3s)
Ego Storm (adv lets it run on its own, delivers repeated stun and feeds your reverb)

Even at T2, virtually any build can add a snare and kb.