PDA

View Full Version : Love dem crypts....

Archived Post
04-27-2010, 02:02 AM
I think I'm going to save myself some grief and change my first reaction prior to going into a new instance. Formerly my thought was: "Hm, this should be an interesting instance...." It will now be "Hm, this should be an interesting variation of the crypt instance that was made for Blood Moon...."

I went into a church that look as big as my house on the outside.......The church is in reality a crypt that spans multiple city blocks. Explanation? Magic.

Guys, you will have to put a little more effort into this thing to impress me. Not that you need to impress me. Just sayin. Please impress me.

Archived Post
04-27-2010, 02:42 AM
I think they should have the entrance to the crypt maps like the Therakial Temple entrance...drop through the hole in the floor to get to the crypt.

As far as being huge on the inside...you just need to suspend belief a bit. If they made the interiors match the exteriors, we'd have very small instances, where only 2 or 3 heroes could fit in a room with the bad guys already in there. It's a game...but if you need a scientific answer...yes...magic.

Also, not sure why people are starting to call out the devs to "Impress me". This is the 2nd thread in as many days doing that. It takes time to come up with new maps and such. Maybe with each new Adventure Pack they'll include new maps/tilesets that can be used throughout the game (and hopefully not just in the AP).

Archived Post
04-27-2010, 09:28 AM
Here is the answer to your question. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An_3C2pCGwk)

Archived Post
04-27-2010, 12:54 PM
I loved that particular Dr Who, Tom Baker, when the series was running. Never could get into the following ones.

Archived Post
04-27-2010, 10:34 PM
I think they should have the entrance to the crypt maps like the Therakial Temple entrance...drop through the hole in the floor to get to the crypt.

As far as being huge on the inside...you just need to suspend belief a bit. If they made the interiors match the exteriors, we'd have very small instances, where only 2 or 3 heroes could fit in a room with the bad guys already in there. It's a game...but if you need a scientific answer...yes...magic.

Also, not sure why people are starting to call out the devs to "Impress me". This is the 2nd thread in as many days doing that. It takes time to come up with new maps and such. Maybe with each new Adventure Pack they'll include new maps/tilesets that can be used throughout the game (and hopefully not just in the AP).

Small instances....that would be nice.....

I'm not happy about the fact that this game is starting to be completely player instances.

As far as your second little paragraph trampling my ego....poo to you sir. Anything that gets in the way of my ego should be caught and shot. I don't mind waiting for new content. The new maps that will be included with the Adventure packs will be instances, Tumorboy confirmed this. It would be better if this game were to stick to open world missions.

Now if these Adventure packs require a team of 4 or 5 to finish...that would be a different story. I'd like that. But you know that they will make it soloable.

Here is the answer to your question. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An_3C2pCGwk)

Dr. Who.....who else in the syfy world goes by a moniker with Dr in it? Oh yeah....Dr. Strange....magic.

Archived Post
04-29-2010, 04:17 AM

I'm not happy about the fact that this game is starting to be completely player instances.

As far as your second little paragraph trampling my ego....poo to you sir. Anything that gets in the way of my ego should be caught and shot. I don't mind waiting for new content. The new maps that will be included with the Adventure packs will be instances, Tumorboy confirmed this. It would be better if this game were to stick to open world missions.

Now if these Adventure packs require a team of 4 or 5 to finish...that would be a different story. I'd like that. But you know that they will make it soloable.

Dr. Who.....who else in the syfy world goes by a moniker with Dr in it? Oh yeah....Dr. Strange....magic.

Sorry to have pooped on your ego. That was not my intent. What's good about the adventure packs is you can do them solo or with teams, scaled to the size of the team, and I'm assuming the difficulty slide will be in by then also, making it even more of a challenge. Or solo with difficulty maxed for another challenge.

I think CO went a bit too far in the other direction of making everything open missions and very little instance missions. It seems to me they are simply readjusting the ratio to even it out a bit. I think it would be better, though, if they evened it out in each zone, instead of adding all the instances to one zone (VB). They're still growing, so time will tell.

Oh, and don't forget...Doctor Doom, Dr Fate, and Dr Phil :p

Archived Post
04-29-2010, 05:50 PM

May IU ask but how long have to gotten in the instance ? this instancer starts out in the church but the breakable floor turns it in to a cave then a mystical cave then a crypt then a church....