PDA

View Full Version : Help me fill in my build?

Archived Post
04-25-2010, 07:21 PM
As with, really, most of my threads, I've noticed lately, Im looking for build advice. A friend persuaded me topopp back in here and reconnect with old friends for a little bit (I left for CoH a while ago). Alas, my old WTK build is all nerfed and useless. I'm heartbroken. So I'm working on the next best thing, a PA build, and I seem to be coming up short on powers. As you can see from the build bellow I have 3 empty slots and 2 unused advantage points, and I'm just itching for advice on what to do with them. Clicky defences seem like an idea, and Immolation is always fun to break a hold, but I wonder if there's anything else? Something I've miissed? Anyt advice is appreciated. leet-spoken insults not as much, but I've learned to live with them too.

Thanks in advance!

anon: Level 40 Champion

Superstats:

Powers:
Level 1: Force Bolts
Level 1: Power Gauntlet -- Crippling Challenge, Downrange Disaster
Level 5: Force Shield -- Force Sheath
Level 5: Teleport
Level 8: Force Eruption -- Gravitational Polarity
Level 17: Electric Form -- Rank 2, Rank 3
Level 20: Bountiful Chi Resurgence -- Rank 2, Resurgent Reiki
Level 23: Miniaturization Drive -- Reciprocating Gizmo
Level 26: Chest Beam -- Rank 2, Rank 3
Level 29: Mindful Reinforcement -- Rank 2, Revitalizing Boost
Level 32: Ego Hold -- Rank 2, Rank 3
Level 35: Toxic Nanites -- Nerve Damage
Level 35: Acrobatics -- Versatility

Talents:

Archived Post
04-26-2010, 12:32 AM
Electric Form buffs Sonic Device and Concussor Beams

Archived Post
04-26-2010, 12:35 AM
Hmm, if you're going to go for energy-based superstats, yeah, get concussors and minigun.

Also bountiful chi is going through some serious changes next patch, will likely be useless in a build like that, so I'd go ahead and switch it out so you don't get used to something that you'll lose soon.

Archived Post
04-26-2010, 02:02 PM
Hmm, what sort of changes?

IF BCR is going to be all nerfed and useless like Healing Drones, what would you recommend instead for that HoT effect - need something to passively work to keep my health topped up.

Mini gun is definitely an idea, although its a lot of end to run three weapons systems at once. I've always preferred the interrupt from taped power gauntlets to the repulsion of concussor beams, though, and the damage is fairly comparable with Downrange Disaster.

Also, for the level 38 slot, is Smoke Grenade still nice and broken, or did they finally nerf stealth and -perception?

Archived Post
04-26-2010, 02:06 PM
IF BCR is going to be all nerfed and useless like Healing Drones, what would you recommend instead for that HoT effect - need something to passively work to keep my health topped up.
Not nerfed, but now works much better when combined with lightning reflexes and adv.

Archived Post
04-26-2010, 02:11 PM
But it still does the same thing it always did for everyone else? I don't see the problem.

Archived Post
04-26-2010, 02:15 PM
But it still does the same thing it always did for everyone else? I don't see the problem.
I think its heal was reduced for a slightly higher cost but if you have lightning reflexes and the advantage it outperforms what it did before by miles, so if you were going to min max, then yeah it got nerfed. If you were building a martial artist, it got buffed.

Archived Post
04-26-2010, 02:23 PM
Hmm. Well thats no fun. Though I suppoe lightning reflexes would make an interesting defensive passive for a PA build - with all thsoe DoTs, you could probably get a lot out of crit chasing. I suppose I'll cross that bridge if I'm still around when taht patch goes live.

Archived Post
04-26-2010, 02:25 PM
Or better yet molecular self assembly at rank 3...

Archived Post
04-26-2010, 03:08 PM
LOL!

Anyhoo, current build is bellow!

Valentyna: Level 40 Champion

Superstats:
Level 5: Super Endurance
Level 13: Super Presence

Powers:
Level 1: Force Bolts
Level 1: Power Gauntlet -- Crippling Challenge
Level 5: Force Shield -- Force Sheath
Level 5: Teleport
Level 8: Concussor Beam -- Rank 2, Rank 3
Level 11: Force Eruption -- Gravitational Polarity
Level 14: Immolation
Level 17: Electric Form -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 20: Bountiful Chi Resurgence -- Resurgent Reiki, Rank 2
Level 23: Miniaturization Drive -- Reciprocating Gizmo
Level 26: Chest Beam -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 29: Mindful Reinforcement -- Revitalizing Boost, Rank 2
Level 32: Electrocute -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 35: Toxic Nanites -- Nerve Damage
Level 35: Acrobatics -- Versatility
Level 38: Masterful Dodge

Talents:
Level 1: Electric Potential
Level 6: Energetic
Level 9: Prodigy
Level 12: Amazing Stamina
Level 15: Intimidating
Level 18: Sniper Training
Level 21: Survival Training

Archived Post
04-27-2010, 12:40 AM
Hmm, when you get a chance to try the build out, post the numbers on what mini-drive does these days. I tried it out in the powerhouse and literally had no difference in damage numbers on the crates.

It might have something to do with the fact I always run in healer stance, but no difference at all seems kinda weird.

Archived Post
04-27-2010, 02:03 AM
I think its heal was reduced for a slightly higher cost but if you have lightning reflexes and the advantage it outperforms what it did before by miles, so if you were going to min max, then yeah it got nerfed. If you were building a martial artist, it got buffed.

BCR is getting it's adv. nerfed. It will always have a 10% damage decrease now.

Archived Post
04-27-2010, 03:38 AM
Hmm, when you get a chance to try the build out, post the numbers on what mini-drive does these days. I tried it out in the powerhouse and literally had no difference in damage numbers on the crates.

It might have something to do with the fact I always run in healer stance, but no difference at all seems kinda weird.

I didn't test it scientifically but reciprocating gizmo did seem to have an impact, raising the damage on repulsor beams from ~320 or so, to somewhere in the 350-400 range (I'd forgotten how really asinine I used to think the variable damage dealing in this game is). As far as I know, it was only the power itself that got nerfed, so that it applies, like its description says, to damage and not damage resistance (not that reducing your opponents damage is a bad thing when you mostly fight duels and FFA matches, but I feel very emo inside for the poor 6v6 players who had it).

Archived Post
04-27-2010, 03:39 AM
BCR is getting it's adv. nerfed. It will always have a 10% damage decrease now.

... really? I'm back 2 days and already I remember why I left. *le sigh* Well, I do hope they include a free respec when they eventually drop that hammer.

Archived Post
04-27-2010, 05:12 AM
... really? I'm back 2 days and already I remember why I left. *le sigh* Well, I do hope they include a free respec when they eventually drop that hammer.

It's coming with the melee update, so it will have a free respec. It's being designed to work well with LR (bonus when you dodge).

Archived Post
04-27-2010, 04:24 PM

Seems to me mini-drive is worth using only for the extra dmg (20% according to X-Fracture in his old thread). But plz no more people turning to PA. It sucks. Really sucks. Sucks so bad that no one should ever use it again so it will never get nerfed. K thx :D